Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

2. Antonio Rudiger

Jas
Followers 6

Posted (edited)

Frank was pushing not only him but Jorginho and Azpi as well. He dropped them all. And now they are all in 23 best CL players. Kante is best in double pivot, he did not used him there. Kai and Timo not on this list but played out of position as well. Kudos for Mount and Chilwell.

Edited by NikkiCFC
  • Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leif suffering a meltdown over Rudiger might be the funniest thing in this transfer window

Too much work for marina and enanleo they now deserve a real break...

Posted Images

35 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Frank was pushing not only him but Jorginho and Azpi as well. He dropped them all. And now they are all in 23 best CL players. Kante is best in double pivot, he did not used him there. Kai and Timo not on this list but played out of position as well. Kudos for Mount and Chilwell.

top 3 outfield players

Kante

Mbappe (Håland loaded up versus shit team, Mbappe was insane versus Barca and Bayern, in his first 3 games v them, 6 goals, and Lewa only scored 5 all CL)

Rudiger

best GK, Mendy, not even close, he kept 9 clean sheets, tying an all-time record for any CL in history

• 2 weeks later...

Antonio Rudiger no closer to signing new Chelsea contract, considering future

https://theathletic.com/news/antonio-rudiger-Chelsea-transfer-contract/5sqpS1qIAOnW

5sqpS1qIAOnW_rM5ddzbMrXc3_1440x.960.jpg

Antonio Rudiger is no closer to agreeing a new contract with Chelsea and is considering leaving as a free agent next summer.

Rudiger has just 12 months left on his current left to run but there have been suggestions that formalising an extension is just a matter of time.

The Athletic reported in March, however, that the centre-half was not going to enter into any formal discussions until after representing Germany at the European Championship and this remains the case.

Why has he not signed a new deal?

One of the reasons why is because Rudiger wants to be completely focused on the tournament, but he is also in no rush to commit his long-term future at Stamford Bridge.

While he is very happy at the west London club and loves playing for coach Thomas Tuchel, he is wary that the next contract will probably be the last big one of his career. Sources say that he is looking for a four-year deal.

However, it is not just about the length of the agreement but also the terms. The Athletic has been told that Rudiger is outside the top 10 highest earners at Chelsea despite being one of the major leaders in the dressing room.

The Germany international joined Chelsea from AS Roma for an initial £29 million (with add-ons taking it to £33.3 million) in 2017 and has seen a number of players arrive since then be paid significantly more than him.

Meanwhile, academy graduate Callum Hudson-Odoi negotiated a higher sum with a base rate of £120,000-a-week after rejecting a move to Bayern Munich in 2019.

Where could he go?

It is understood a number of clubs from the top leagues in Europe are showing an interest, especially at the prospect of picking Rudiger up on a free transfer next summer.

The 28-year-old can start negotiating with foreign clubs and sign a pre-contract with one of them in January 2022. With many leading sides abroad suffering financially due to the impact of COVID-19, acquiring free agents has become even more desirable.

Rudiger showed how he is one of the best defenders in the game during Chelsea’s remarkable run to win the Champions League. But he feels like his best form is still to come.

He admitted in March that staying at Chelsea ‘will always be my priority number one’, but The Athletic has been assured that a departure hasn’t been ruled out.

Does Tuchel want to keep him?

Tuchel made it clear last month that he sees the experienced centre back as part of his plans.

Chelsea’s head coach said: “If he wants a new contract, he has our full support to stay at the club. He is speaking with his performances. He has been amazing since day one.”

With Andreas Christensen, Cesar Azpilicueta and Emerson also having just 12 months left on their terms, Chelsea have been looking at players to strengthen at the back in case any of them (including Rudiger) leave this year or next.

Bayern Munich centre-back Niklas Sule is one of the options they are considering, while they have lodged a £56.1 million bid for Inter Milan’s right wing-back Achraf Hakimi.

ffs 🤬

• 2 weeks later...

Holy moly, Rudi tonight against Portugal reminds me of him at Roma, rash.

Settle down, get the contract.

• 2 weeks later...

Damn he was terrible today. Ball watching for the 2nd when he let two players run goal side of him, just jogging not giving a damn. Luckily he gives more of a shit when playing for us mostly 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, R2D2 said:

Time to sell.

And replace him with who? We already are trying to dump (rightly so) Zouma.

Kounde would be a disastrous and outrageously expensive mistake.

Varane is likely Manure or PSG bound.

Zero links I see (stupidly so) to Romagnoli.

Lacroix is the youngster who would replace Zouma and learn from Thiago.

Keeping Zouma and selling Rudiger with no clear replacement would be madness.

17 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Chelsea star wants £200,000-a-week to sign new long-term contract

Antonio Rudiger holding out for higher wages to sign new Chelsea deal

https://sportslens.com/antonio-rudiger-holding-out-for-higher-wages-for-new-Chelsea-deal/368417/

Understandable he wants higher wages given he's currently one of the lowest earners, I believe? 

Not sure if Marina would agree to that 200k but if not, surely an agreement something a bit lower can be agreed upon.

12 minutes ago, Jas said:

Understandable he wants higher wages given he's currently one of the lowest earners, I believe? 

Not sure if Marina would agree to that 200k but if not, surely an agreement something a bit lower can be agreed upon.

I am no longer getting involved in who is making what salary, so I cannot give you a cogent answer.

I think it is fucked up that ALL players' salaries are not made 100% public, down to the pound.

It is one thing the yanks do properly

35 minutes ago, Jas said:

Pretty sure there will be a middle ground. He might as well shoot high as a starting point for negotiations. 

I assume there will be a decent bump to put him in our top 10 earners (which is probably where he should be anyway). I fully expect him and Christensen to be resigned this summer. Both were immense in the second half of the season and if Tuchel continues with the back 3, I see barely anything possibly on the market that would upgrade on both of them to be honest.

He played horrific for the German national team in all matches played, even though he plays in his best position. I guess, Tuchel is Rüdiger's brain

Great second half of the season but not overly worried if he chooses to move on