Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

2. Antonio Rudiger

Jas
Followers 6

5 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

You mean this https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2021/01/27/harnessing-antonio-rudigers-strengths-may-first-step-towards/ ?

I guess it is well known he is an outspoken and influential character in the dressing room. Tuchel was wise to get him on his side early.

But we know that Rüdiger's qualities on the pitch do not quite match his attitude. Seriously doubt he will again be an undisputed starter in the long term.

Anyway, good to have you back!

I think he meant the story about Rudiger bullying the younger players, clashing with Azpi etc? 

If so, that has been rebutted by Abraham, Azpi etc.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leif suffering a meltdown over Rudiger might be the funniest thing in this transfer window

Too much work for marina and enanleo they now deserve a real break...

Posted Images

Probably deserved. He's a clown in a back 4, but in this system he's looked relatively solid. Especially considering he has to also cover the space both Alonso and Chilwell leave behind. 

Still need a top CB in regardless. 

7 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Probably deserved. He's a clown in a back 4, but in this system he's looked relatively solid. Especially considering he has to also cover the space both Alonso and Chilwell leave behind. 

Still need a top CB in regardless. 

Like with Christensen I'd want to see him get an extended run with Mendy behind him before 100% coming to that conclusion. 

Even Silva would have looked nervous with Kepa or Willy behind him, his debut at West Brom a glimpse as to how different his time here could have been like without Edou.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Like with Christensen I'd want to see him get an extended run with Mendy behind him before 100% coming to that conclusion. 

Even Silva would have looked nervous with Kepa or Willy behind him, his debut at West Brom a glimpse as to how different his time here could have been like without Edou.

Looking nervous is one thing, being bang average positionally and a poor reader of the game, consistently, is another. 

Bar Silva, virtually every one of our CB's are another Cahill. They need a elite/leader next to them without looking completely lost in a back 4. 

Edited by MoroccanBlue

Rudiger on his contract situation:

Everyone here at the club knows how much I like this club, at the end of the day it is down to the people who make these decisons but for me, at the moment is to concentrate on important matches and targets.

Like I always said, to me, even at the beginning of the seaosn when things didn't go my way, I was always calm, like now. At the end of the day, I cannot give myself a contract. I love it here at Chelsea, they will always be my priority number one.

Some things I saw coming but then I was not in the squad, I didn't see that coming but I took it on the chin. I was close [to leaving] there were two teams that maybe one I was considering was PSG and then there was Mourinho. I had a chat with Lampard and then I was back on the bench

He was on a mad one last night. Fair play, he is proving me wrong with his recent run of form but he is always one antic away from confirming clown status. Fingers crossed he keeps this up.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Erm, nothing new? Rudiger was in the November squad last year.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Erm, nothing new? Rudiger was in the November squad last year.

Ofc, just wanted to share the squad. Could posted it in Timo or Kai thread.

2 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Ofc, just wanted to share the squad. Could posted it in Timo or Kai thread.

We need an international football thread for Chelsea players. lol

29 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

Although, bloody shit that this happened...

Otherwise, the 3 of them could have gotten a nice rest!

Kai will be starter no doubt. Germany should go with 433. Neuer, Gosens, Rudiger, Ginter, Kimmich, Goretzka, Kroos, Gundogan, Havertz, Gnabry/Sane, Werner. They play 3421 but in that lineup one of midfielders is losing the place.

"Rudiger is conscious of the risk of another man coming in at some point and having different plans for the team."

P.S. The news above isn't behind a paywall.

• 2 weeks later...

'Conductor': Chelsea ace hailed by his country’s national media for latest exploits

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/international/conductor-Chelsea-ace-hailed-by-his-countrys-national-media-for-latest-exploits/

Rüdiger: Lautstarker Dirigent der Abwehr. Lenkte Sigurjonssons Schuss so eben zur Ecke ab (27.). Vergab eine große Kopfballchance (43.).

57 minutes ago, Vesper said:

'Conductor': Chelsea ace hailed by his country’s national media for latest exploits

https://www.thechelseachronicle.com/international/conductor-Chelsea-ace-hailed-by-his-countrys-national-media-for-latest-exploits/

Rüdiger: Lautstarker Dirigent der Abwehr. Lenkte Sigurjonssons Schuss so eben zur Ecke ab (27.). Vergab eine große Kopfballchance (43.).

Pray for @killer1257 😛

Being vocal was never Rüdiger's problem so this is nothing new. Also his athleticism and ability on the ball has never been in question. The key will be whether he can persistently cut out the stupid mistakes that have scarred his whole career. In his first professional games he conceded a penalty and got a red card. When he came back from suspension he scored an own goal. Therefore it is no coincidence, he is also the player with most own goals since he joined us. Albeit he has markedly improved under Tuchel but there is never a guarantee he will stay faultless for long.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1