Antonio Rudiger

Cholo

2 minutes ago, manpe said:

Thanks. Also, there must be a reason why we were prepared to pay more for Rüdiger than take Manolas for less. It's clear as day to me we were never really interested in Manolas and simply exploited the situation involving him.

Maybe it happened that the timing are very close, when the Manolas deal terminated and the moment we contact Roma for Rudiger. Media have fully speculated that we're trying to hijack Manolas deal. What a genius.

10 minutes ago, manpe said:

They weren't loaned out.

I have an incredibly shit memory, so I might be imagining the whole thing, but didn't we loan him out to Milan? 

Anyway, if anything, Torres is an argument against the point that was being made in that he was given way too many chances because of his price tag even though he was painfully bad. 

I hope we've learned from that and would not repeat no matter the cost of the player. 

5 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

I have an incredibly shit memory, so I might be imagining the whole thing, but didn't we loan him out to Milan? 

Anyway, if anything, Torres is an argument against the point that was being made in that he was given way too many chances because of his price tag even though he was painfully bad. 

I hope we've learned from that and would not repeat no matter the cost of the player. 

Ah yes, we loaned Torres eventually, but solely because he was so shit that nobody else wanted or could afford him full time. We basically sold him to Milan with delay, so doesn't really count. Rüdiger needs to be Cuadrado/Torres level shit to be loaned out, and this season it won't happen 100%.

PS Baba is another 30 million guy who was loaned out, but again it's because he was shit. All of those players were bought with first team football in mind, as will Rüdiger.

The signing overcrowds the Centre-back position without really strengthening it. 

Luiz- Azpilicueta -                       Rudiger - Christensen (unproven) -        Cahill - Zouma

don't believe we sold ake and will bring this player... older, much less talented then ake, ake already know and prove himself in the premier league, and ake could be a home grown player if i'm not wrong... so WTF is wrong with our board? 

16 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

Antonio Rudiger will undergo the relevant checks & fitness tests today before officially becoming a Chelsea player. (Sky Italia)

If this is true and is announced say today or tomorrow what's the hold up with bakayoko?

6 minutes ago, blueblood22 said:

don't believe we sold ake and will bring this player... older, much less talented then ake, ake already know and prove himself in the premier league, and ake could be a home grown player if i'm not wrong... so WTF is wrong with our board? 

Ake has been sold to develop properly and come back one day. Rudiger has more experience and will improve us immediately it's someone that Conte wants.

Just now, BluesMadLad said:

If this is true and is announced say today or tomorrow what's the hold up with bakayoko?

Bakayoko is on holiday apparently he is supposed to come back this week and then it will be announced.