Antonio Rudiger

Cholo

1 hour ago, the wes said:

We are in for long summer of transfer deals

Nice fear mongering by Mirror and Chelsea HQ for spreading it. Rüdiger is ours, we were never going to get Bonucci and we've known for a month now that Sandro has been offered a new contract. Recycling old stories for clicks/retweets. Yawn :yawn:

17 minutes ago, the wes said:

To be far I wouldn't lost sleep if Rüdiger  goes to city I want KK or VVD 

Looks like Conte already lost interest in KK. VVD will cost doubled than we pay for Rudiger. Rudiger for 29m sounds like a bargain at the moment. Dude has just won the CC.

10 minutes ago, RoyalBlues said:

Looks like Conte already lost interest in KK. VVD will cost doubled than we pay for Rudiger. Rudiger for 29m sounds like a bargain at the moment. Dude has just won the CC.

Hope this frees up 20m for other targets. 

8 minutes ago, Leif said:

How is it a bargain getting a player who can't proceed past Germany's B/C teams? Why on earth aren't we targeting elite players?

Rüdiger is no Boateng or Hummels but I'd have him around the level if Höwedes which is why my feeling is that Jogi Löw will stick him at the right side of our back 3 in the world cup next year if he progresses as expected. In today's market 30m for such a player seem sabout right, even though surely no bargain. The money is not the problem. The question is rather if it strategically sensible to buy a CB who is no upgrade to any of our starters and when Zouma, Christensen and an unlikely wildcard from our loan army such as Miazga, Hector or Omeruo add more than enough deptha already. 

19 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

I'm quite happy to trust Conte but I still have my own feeling and think he will be out on loan next season and we are buying with saving money in mind.

You don't spend 32MIL on a player and then loan him out. Board will never let that happen and I'm sure Conte will need him this season. We were a few days away from signing him last year but torn ACL meant we went and bought David Luiz.

1 minute ago, Igi26 said:

You don't spend 32MIL on a player and then loan him out. 

You do if he comes in and isn't any better than Gary Cahill, and if that's the case he will be benched and eventually shipped off. I'm ready to proved wrong but IMO this is a really money saving signing and it's not an improvement on what we have.

As long as he doesn't watch a player running at him whilst backing off over and over again he should instantly be an upgrade on Cahill. Guess we have to wait and see.