Antonio Rudiger

Cholo

10 minutes ago, Pizy said:

So they're gonna sell both of their starting CB's and potentially their star midfielder? Hard to believe.

i think stuttgart own rudiger

I find this guy very similar to Liverpool's Sakho. That type of dumb, brainless footballer, a ticking bomb ready to explode at any time, always prone to stupid mistakes. I know he's only on loan at Roma and they have the option to buy him for 9M. Wonder what Chelsea plan to do next - wait for Roma to buy him and negociate from there, or negociate with the player first, make him reject Roma so that our club have to buy him from Stuttgart directly. The latter seems to be the right thing to do as Stuttgart are now relegated to 2nd division and they can't hold for some BS amount, like Roma would do. 

Rudiger, Manolas... Jesus christ, what is this?
Personally I would pick one of Koulibaly, Bailly, Umtiti. In that order.
Possibly try to bid for Marquinhos, see if he wants to come, trying has never hurt anyone.

Why do people assume we have 1 target and aren't trying for all of them. We can strike multiple deals and in the end pick one. 

Conte has worked wonders with defenders in the past, Bonucci being a prime example and his Siena side also being great defensively, so while I don't believe Rudiger is prime Beckenbauer, he could be moulded into a great young CB. He is apparently, David Luiz 2.0, great from building at the back and a good defender, but poor intelligently which can lead to cock-ups. Nothing like the Sakho comparision. He looks far more technical.

42 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

We don't need/want a CB from Roma. They were a shambles at the back most of last season

Well, we signed Cahill from Bolton in 2012. We had just destroyed them(5-0) and they relegated. Still, Cahill impressed and played huge part in the Champions League title. Just bc Romas defense is not working it doesn't mean that Manolas or Rüdiger are not good defenders.

Well, we signed Cahill from Bolton in 2012. We had just destroyed them(5-0) and they relegated. Still, Cahill impressed and played huge part in the Champions League title. Just bc Romas defense is not working it doesn't mean that Manolas or Rüdiger are not good defenders.

I never said they were, but there are better CB's available.

2 hours ago, petre.ispirescu said:

I find this guy very similar to Liverpool's Sakho. That type of dumb, brainless footballer, a ticking bomb ready to explode at any time, always prone to stupid mistakes

Please nooo :offtopic: Sakho is a big tube I couldnt cope Chelsea signing Sakho Mark 2 

If you wanna go for a German CB who might be available Mustafi is your choice. Ideally he'd be your 3rd choice though, from what I've seen (very little) and read (a lot) he still needs some seasoning till he's ready to be a first choice player at a top club.