Willy Caballero

milka

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agree with those above saying good business. When City actually got their act together defensively he was easily better than Bravo.

Would be a very decent backup.

massive downgrade from Bego and not homegrown. We really should use the second GK spot to ge tthe homegrown quota up. Caballero is not a bad keeper but error prone and too short. Without having reasearched I can remember 3 games where his errors cost his team points. As Malaga keepr vs Real when he let a tame Benzema shot through his legs, 2015 when they lost 4-1 at Spurs he cost two goals with horrible positioning and he should have saved Hazards shot when we won 2-1 at the Bridge. 

8 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

massive downgrade from Bego and not homegrown. We really should use the second GK spot to ge tthe homegrown quota up. Caballero is not a bad keeper but error prone and too short. Without having reasearched I can remember 3 games where his errors cost his team points. As Malaga keepr vs Real when he let a tame Benzema shot through his legs, 2015 when they lost 4-1 at Spurs he cost two goals with horrible positioning and he should have saved Hazards shot when we won 2-1 at the Bridge. 

I thought Begovic was poor here and we looked pretty awful at the back most times he played. He was a great keeper before coming here but clearly needs to be playing every week to maintain that level. 

Dont think Caballero is much of a downgrade at all. About the same, I'd say.

19 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

9 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I thought Begovic was poor here and we looked pretty awful at the back most times he played. He was a great keeper before coming here but clearly needs to be playing every week to maintain that level. 

Dont think Caballero is much of a downgrade at all. About the same, I'd say.

Agreed Pizy. As a backup keeper I am fine with it. He is a decent keeper and considering we got £10m for Begovic and getting Caballero on a free, not bad business and like Pizy said, there is not a clear margin between the two.

I also think he is on the same level as Begovic and it's not really a downgrade, I think he can do the job for a second choice keeper. The only negative thing is that he is not HG, but if we want to have a HG 2nd choice keeper, we have to either pay a big sum (Butland) or have a poor 2nd keeper(Ruddy).

8 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Totally agree with everything u said there I would be disappointed if we sign him