BOSINGWA AND THE BOSS

José Bosingwa's integration into Chelsea life continued today (Wednesday) with the formal presentation of his named shirt.

Felipe Scolari was the man to hand the famous blue over to our newest right-back, the squad number yet to be announced, and Bosingwa returned the complement by talking of his previous experience under the Brazilian's command.

The two know each other better than most from Scolari's five years in charge of the Portugal side which ended with the player a first choice in the Euro 2008 side.

'As a coach I have little say about Mr. Scolari because his CV speaks for itself.' Bosingwa said after the manager had departed the presentation.

'He has won everything there is to win with Brazil, at clubs as well as country, and with Portugal, he was a wonderful manager.

'He is the type of manager who is a friend to the players. He protects the players and he tries to bring the best out of each one.

'He always tries to help his players in every way he can. He is always available if you have a personal problem and he will be the one to facilitate it so you can go to your country or home town and sort it out. That is the way he is, he is very open to you.'

Despite his admiration for his new coach's methods, Bosingwa confirmed they had nothing to do with attracting him to Chelsea.

'I had no idea he would be the manager because when I signed for Chelsea, the manager was Mr. Grant.'

Although there was no chance to familiarise himself with Avram Grant, Bosingwa did work under another former Chelsea manager, José Mourinho, when both were at Porto.

'Everybody is unique and Mr. Mourinho and Mr. Scolari are different personalities so they are different. I've worked very well with Mourinho and I think I am working very well with Scolari.

'I will keep working as hard as I have done for Porto so I can have my best chance of getting in the team.'

With the 25-year-old not yet as conversant in English as Scolari is, Portuguese for the time being will be their common tongue. And Boswinga is not finding it too hard to talk to team-mates despite his move to a new land.

His family origins in French-speaking Democratic Republic of the Congo opens lines of communication with players ranging from Petr Cech, all the way forward to Didier Drogba and Nicolas Anelka.

'It has been good because there are a few Portuguese as well as Brazilians so we all speak the same language - but I also speak French so I have been talking with the French-speakers. Also the English players as well have been welcoming and they have been trying to help out as well.'

Source: Chelsea FC

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic