Drogba decision in '10 days'

Chelsea striker Didier Drogba will make a decision on whether he will remain at Stamford Bridge within the next 10 days, according to the player's agent. The Ivory Coast international has been strongly linked with a move away from Chelsea ever since he confessed his desire to quit the club in an interview with France Football magazine shortly after former boss Mourinho's Stamford Bridge exit last September.

Barcelona, AC Milan and Inter Milan are all reportedly keen on making summer moves for the powerful forward, however new Blues manger Luiz Felipe Scolari has insisted Drogba is '200 per cent in his plans'.

But it now seems that Scolari will have to wait before knowing where Drogba will play his football in the new season after the 30-year-old's agent, Thierno Seydi, explained that he will decide his future in the next 10 days.

Group_Stages_Didier_Drogba_Chelsea_Champ

"Didier has given himself 10 days," Seydi told France Football. "If nothing happens he'll stay at Chelsea and extend his contract by two years.

"He doesn't see himself starting training in a few days with Chelsea and then leaving to a new club.

"The reality of November is not that of today. At the time Didier was affected by departure of Jose Mourinho who he was very close to.

"Today, there is nothing to say that he won't stay at Chelsea."

The supporters of Drogba's former club Marseille recently began an appeal to raise the €28million (£22.4million) that would reportedly secure his signature.

Their petition reached the €1million mark on Saturday; however Drogba's agent has explained he is unlikely to make a return to the Stade Velodrome.

"OM would have difficulty paying the player's transfer and salary," added Seydi. "The 'Drogbathon' really touched him.

"He found the initiative nice but pitiful; because that shows a bit that OM and French clubs have real difficulties in attracting great players."

Source: Sky Sports

Edited by EskWeston

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think thats just his agent saying 'Last 10 days of Sale' like DFS do, in the light of no firm offers coming in.

Strongly believe the Chels hierarchy want him to stay , and a prohibitive price tag will mean he stays...

I agree Chelsea do want him to stay. Although once again i do not like the noises comming out the Drogba camp. Basically saying "If no-one else comes in for Drogba then he will stay, but if someone else wants him then he will go".....

I agree Chelsea do want him to stay. Although once again i do not like the noises comming out the Drogba camp. Basically saying "If no-one else comes in for Drogba then he will stay, but if someone else wants him then he will go".....

Its mercenary, but no more than any other players agents stance. 99% of players go somewhere else if its more lucrative. Not nice for the fans, but thats the reality of the modern game.

Its mercenary, but no more than any other players agents stance. 99% of players go somewhere else if its more lucrative. Not nice for the fans, but thats the reality of the modern game.

I don't think with Drogba that money is the issue. It really does come across that he wants a new challenge at a new club, i think he is dissapointed that no-one has come in for him and his agent is now trying to generate some interest in him.

If Drogba doesn't get his move how will his attitude be this season playing for us?

I don't think with Drogba that money is the issue. It really does come across that he wants a new challenge at a new club, i think he is dissapointed that no-one has come in for him and his agent is now trying to generate some interest in him.

If Drogba doesn't get his move how will his attitude be this season playing for us?

It'll definitely be more reined in under Scolari than Grant. To me you have to accept his attitude, too much control, and you lose the creativity. All top artists are tempermental, and he, as with players like Eto, Gazza doesnt hide it. Its just part of their make up. Can be frustrating for the fans but thats the price. Osgood was a lazy cunt sometimes, strolling around -one game against Sheff Weds he sat and chatted to fans...

The money side of it is driven, as always, by the agent.

It'll definitely be more reined in under Scolari than Grant. To me you have to accept his attitude, too much control, and you lose the creativity. All top artists are tempermental, and he, as with players like Eto, Gazza doesnt hide it. Its just part of their make up. Can be frustrating for the fans but thats the price. Osgood was a lazy cunt sometimes, strolling around -one game against Sheff Weds he sat and chatted to fans...

The money side of it is driven, as always, by the agent.

Drogba's best season for us you could see he wanted to prove himself and show how good he is, the mentality was there for him to do well because he wanted to! I would hope he can do that again. Having Drogba in the squad is always great because he can be sensational on his day, i hope he stays and i hope he has a great season too.

Basically saying "If no-one else comes in for Drogba then he will stay, but if someone else wants him then he will go".....

that's the feeling i'm getting and i really dont like it

i mean if no one else comes in with an offer and he "settles" for another season with us will we get a season that screams "i'm here, who cares, might as well go through the motions"

love Drog but this just grates me :thumbsdown:

I think the real problem with Drogba is the fact that he is not Mr Chelsea. He is the sort of player that wants complete adulation from the fans or he won't perform. The Chelsea faithful have JT in that role and quite rightly too. If you read some of the things DD was saying during the ACN, he is #1 at Ivory Coast and thats what he seems to want from us. If only he realised that if he shut up and played how we know he can, he may well have been Mr Premier League nevermind Mr Chelsea. Of course this is all opinion and you might think its bollocks, but in my mind, thats the sort of bloke he is.

I think the real problem with Drogba is the fact that he is not Mr Chelsea. He is the sort of player that wants complete adulation from the fans or he won't perform. The Chelsea faithful have JT in that role and quite rightly too. If you read some of the things DD was saying during the ACN, he is #1 at Ivory Coast and thats what he seems to want from us. If only he realised that if he shut up and played how we know he can, he may well have been Mr Premier League nevermind Mr Chelsea. Of course this is all opinion and you might think its bollocks, but in my mind, thats the sort of bloke he is.

100% agree ;)

We are all forgetting one important man in this whole discussion of how drogba's attitude or performances will be..

Scolari.. (he doesn't like being called Big Phil, so please don't call him that)

Do all of you really think a man who went against the brasilian population by omitting romario frm WC squad, would take such shit from a player?

He wants to be called Felipão or Big Fil, but not Big Phil ;)

I trust him to sort Drogs out. I'm expecting a good season from Didi.

We need a good season from Drogba.

If he wants to put himself in the shop window then he's better buck up his ideas. It was his form a few years back that really propelled him onto the footballing stage as one of the most lethal players in the game. Thats when he really made his name imo.

If he plays like that again then he'll probably get his move and we can move on without his constant whinging :rolleyes:

So basically Drogba's saying if noone else wants me then you can keep me, Why does this man think he's so much better than the club?

If he stays he best sort himself out and have one of the best seasons of his life

to be honest at this very time i can not see didi leaving us, for the main reason that we have a new coach where he play a new style of football which could make him an even better player than what he is, and im sure any player would love to be coached by a man who had won the world cup

As big an egotist that Drogs is, he is a very integral part of the team, and finding an exact replacement would be pretty damn hard. Not too many guys out there have the power he does. And we all know how accurate France Football is....

What a load of crap!!If Inter make a move,offer the money etc he's gana go.If they dont then he'll stay.None of this 'I'll make my choice' blah blah he aint gana turn down the chance to play for Jose

Edited by Laylabelle