Everyone Laugh At Juventus' New Emblem Thread

Spike

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realized the inside J is half of the scudetto badge. It confused me because they use that same symbol for the J on "Juventus".

Are they going to get rid of the stars above the crest? That could be even more controversial.

I don't think it's a bad badge. It just goes completely against their current one, which IMO is the best one they've had. It's a classic style that doesn't even look dated.

juventus-badge-creat.jpg?w=748&h=498&cro

I can understand Atletico and City wanting to change theirs. A new look to go with a new era. It's one of the reasons we changed the centenary year. But Juventus' badge is one of the most recognizable in the world with Barca, Real, Bayern, and United.

I'm pretty confident ours won't be changed. Let's just hope that Nike don't convince the club that opening the new stadium is a perfect time to give the club a "new look". I think ours is one of the best in the world.

I can understand Atletico and City wanting to change theirs. A new look to go with a new era. It's one of the reasons we changed the centenary year. But Juventus' badge is one of the most recognizable in the world with Barca, Real, Bayern, and United.
I'm pretty confident ours won't be changed. Let's just hope that Nike don't convince the club that opening the new stadium is a perfect time to give the club a "new look". I think ours is one of the best in the world.

Nike can fuck themselves in that case. We are a football club not a clothing/merchandise brand company.

What Juventus did is very out of order. They want to change their FC to Football Company.

Hope Milan and Inter come back to the top ASAP so they can kick those arrogant burglars' asses.

On 16/01/2017 at 8:38 PM, lucio said:

terrible. We got away with changing our at the right time.

City's is awful too, when they are about to become a big global club. they change to a piece of trash

Thats why City changed their logo. The former one was TERRIBLE. That eagle with 3 stars looked like something from a USA military department or a logo created by teenagers for they Call of Duty "e-sports" team. That was easily the most "non football" badge in Premier League. In terms of design the new City badge is one of the most good looking ones in Europe. 

On 17/01/2017 at 7:36 PM, kmk108 said:

It doesnt make any sense to talk about changing Chelsea badge at this point. The current one was introduced in 2005, so its like 12 years old and its perfect and fine, and thats why it was created, since the old one was bad and flat, and looked like something made on Windows 95 paint.

Current one is already a modern badge. I think you wont find a better "logo" in European football than current Chelsea one. So lets not start a talk about any chance of the current badge getting a change in the next 30 years or so.

Juventus logo is not a bad "logo", but I think its bad football badge. I've heard some interviews of people behind the design, and it seems it reflects whats behind people running Juventus: they want to make "Juventus" a brand beyond football.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/new-juventus-crest-more-just-9643877

This logo is perfect for this purpose, since its not a "football looking" badge, if you know what I mean. In my opinion Juventus is missing the point here. Ok, every big club want to become "global brands", but they are global football brands in first place. Think about big sports franchises in USA. They don't think beyond the sports. Of course they want to make money as much as possible, for example selling casual clothing, but that casual clothing still will feature some kind of association with a sports. The best way to Juventus think outside football in my opinion, was creating a secondary logo, just like NBA teams, where you get a primary logo, partial logo, secondary logo "a" and secondary logo "b". Those "logos" are used in different situations. In my books changing your football badge to think "beyond football" is not a good idea, since changes in badges should be made to reinforce the football brand, and not the opposite. For example, Arsenal, Chelsea and City are very good examples of teams that had former bad/outdated badges and needed new ones, but the current badges of those teams are "football badges". You look at them and you know you are looking at football teams.

I think our current one will stay for a long time. Since Abramovich's Chelsea created this one, I think it'll stay at least until he's gone.

This just caught me by surprise, as I still see them as one of the top clubs in the world. But I guess Italian football has lost a lot o popularity over the last decade. 

Tbf the old juve crest was hideous as well. Looked like a barcode. The new one is more like some label of a surfing/skating themed youth fashion brand my little brother would buy to appear cool until realising that pretending to be a skater or surfer when you are neither is about the least cool thing possible.

It would be ok if Juve was playing in china.

But for such big brand that Juve is, its against the tradition and football without the tradition is nothing. 

In general, many things in football is turning into shit. Sure it takes time to get used to it and definately it has alot to do with nostalgy, but I think older crests are nicer. Current City is awful, too plain and yet too much going on without any meaning. Atletico one is very similar to current, so it gets a pass.

Then you have PL logo. The old one was much much better than new one, which looks as if it was designed by feminist.