Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

U19 Captain Cork

With Aston Villa's Ciaran Clark pulling out of the England Under 19 squad through injury, Chelsea's Jack Cork has been confirmed as the Three Lions' captain for the European Under 19 Championships, which starts on Monday.

Clark has been the long-time skipper of his age group throughout his international career but has had to withdraw, and has been replaced by Manchester City's FA Cup winning captain Ben Mee, who would've been a candidate for the captaincy himself if not for a lack of experience. However, manager Brian Eastick has promoted vice-captain Jack to the full armband, and is confident in his new leader:

"He's already got a lot of experience.

"I know Scunthorpe didn't do too well in the Championship last season but his performances were very, very good.

"His time there would have benefited him greatly.

"We have seen him mature as a player and a man over the last few years and he has earned his chance."

England's tournament opens on Monday evening at 4.30pm against the hosts, the Czech Republic. Full details of how to watch the match and a post match report on Chelsea's boys will follow.

It is great for him to be captain in this big tournament! Hope our Chelsea lads do well out there!!!

Oh by the way 'love cfc' you do realise you can comment about articles as well as post them, i don't think you have done a single post that isn't posting a news article :) and you do seem to have a particular interest in the Youth so it would be nice to hear your views.

It is great for him to be captain in this big tournament! Hope our Chelsea lads do well out there!!!

Oh by the way 'love cfc' you do realise you can comment about articles as well as post them, i don't think you have done a single post that isn't posting a news article :) and you do seem to have a particular interest in the Youth so it would be nice to hear your views.

ya..... I'm interest in the Youth

hope can see them in first teamblue%20scalf.gif