Franco di Santo

I'm just asking as to whether anyone knows if FdS has been promoted to the first team? I believe he has as he has been training with the first team since pre-season began, but this was true of Sam Hutchinson last season as well. Anyone have any news?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just asking as to whether anyone knows if FdS has been promoted to the first team? I believe he has as he has been training with the first team since pre-season began, but this was true of Sam Hutchinson last season as well. Anyone have any news?

Hard to know at the moment, Di Santo was also training daily with the first team last season too. Scolari wants to use the youth players that much we know - with the seven subs rule i think that Di Santo might well make quite a few appearances this season for the first team. But he will still play in the majority if not all of the reserve team games too.

Hard to know at the moment, Di Santo was also training daily with the first team last season too. Scolari wants to use the youth players that much we know - with the seven subs rule i think that Di Santo might well make quite a few appearances this season for the first team. But he will still play in the majority if not all of the reserve team games too.

I certainly hope so. He's an exciting prospect.

Apparently di santo may be playing on saturday for the Chelsea X1 at aldershot, £10 to get in and no chance of being told to sit down , first game of the season for me :blue scalf:

Yes i am sure he will be playing, and i am sure either Scolari will be there or he will have one of his guys there. It is good for them to see these players in a match situation.

Franco has always trained with the first team.

He's a 'first team player' who plays in the reserves to get used to the English game.

What about Ivanovic ? Did he train with the first team in the last season ?

What about Ivanovic ? Did he train with the first team in the last season ?

Yes, he was 100% a first team player. He trained every day with them, he was unlucky with fitness and injury. Completely different situation to Di Santo....

As Esk says, Ivanovic did not play at first because he was short of match fitness - we signed him two months after the Russian league finished. When he reached match fitness, he suffered an injury and it was back to square one. Nevertheless, expect to see a lot of him this pre season.