Leicester v Chelsea

Jase

4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Some comical defending, yes, but it's like flashbacks to last season where seemingly every single mistake we make gets punished by a goal. 

Poor, but also painfully unlucky.

True that second goal was class. I think strikers should always hit the ball into the ground in those situations. Its so unpredictable the keepers panic. 

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Tomo said:

Probably experimenting, (this competition is the best chance for it).

This squad is so flawed he needs to find a system that makes us better than the sum of our parts.

And for that I would blame Conte if he can't figure the right one in a month's time from now.

1 minute ago, Adnane said:

That's what you get with proactive defender, Pedro's clearance is as terrible as they get and I don't think all the blame should be on Alonso. 

He delt pretty well with his 1 on 1 situations, he is pretty decent on the ball and going forward and I don't blame him for these goals. 

Plus it's only his first half under a Chelsea shirt, we have been seeing these terrible displays from Cahill week in week out for the last 5 years. 

He made a mistake for the second goal, there's no two ways about it. There was no one behind him to cover his runner. The ball was always going to be played over him to the runner he just left.

That was less proactive and more headless chicken. 

Just now, bluephoenix said:

And for that I would blame Conte if he can't figure the right one in a month's time from now.

Poch needed a season to sort out the mess he inherited at Spurs.

If we are showing good signs ofprogression and that he will eventually get the right system and players (which we have in some games) I will be prepared to give him a pass, even if we miss out on top 4.

That kind of match where you are 0-2 down but have no worries that you will come good in the end. Cahill's goal has come at the perfect time. Chelsea will go through, this is how I feel. Defence is poor, yes, but I've seen nothing from Leicester to make me feel afraid that we won't turn it around in the 2nd half. Come on Chelsea!!!

Just now, Tomo said:

If we are showing good signs ofprogression and that he will eventually get the right system and players (which we have in some games) I will be prepared to give him a pass, even if we miss out on top 4.

Klopp as well last season. Liverpool were embarrassingly bad at points under him last season.

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

This squad is so flawed he needs to find a system that makes us better than the sum of our parts.

Strange experiment. Great lack of athleticism in midfield. He'd be better off playing inferior players who do possess it.

2 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Agreed but progression is important and for that only I meant he shouldn't need more than a month. I don't expect wins or draws, would be totally ok with losses but with a much better performance from our players.

Just now, Pizy said:

Klopp as well last season. Liverpool were embarrassingly bad at points under him last season.

Will be interesting to see which players redeem themselves under the course of the season.

Some of Tottenham's lazy players under Sherwood redeemed themselves underPoch (Lamela, Vertonghen) while others didn't reacted which sealed their faye fate (Adebayor, Capoue, Townsend).

6 minutes ago, Adnane said:

People are blaming Alonso now ? :lol: 

Blaming? Not realy. You cant blame someone who is bad that you expected wont be good enough from beggining.

Thats exactly why Im sick of these signings. Shitload of cash for unrpoven players, hopefuly they will turn out great in that one or two games they will get. Even if he can be good. he wont get the time. And he has absolutely no connection for chelsea to show any fight for the team whatsoever.

You got to love our problem solving. Buy new average LB and switch our best defender back to other side, because he is apparently much better there, while in truth, he is better on left and will need about 10 games to adjust to his new (old) RB place. We should just throw 30m or whatever for Fabinho and be done with. Now we have Alonso who wont do shit, who we paid 25m for, and he will be on our bench for ages because we dont want to lose money and no one will offer 25 for him. And next summer when we will need new full back? The board will be like we paid 25m last year, so there is no way we will go for top fullback, but hey Conte, we can give you 20m which is not enough to buy the one you want, but more than enough to buy another average one.

Also now you can see why Conte doesnt play Cesc. His passing cant save him for the all other areas he is poor in. The defence is beyond shit, but tbh Luiz at least offers something in terms of play and if he had good partner, good fullbacks and a proper midfield ahead, he would be just fine.

In other news, our players look same old slow and immobile as last year. Im sure if we signed Messi and Ronaldo, they would play like they are in their 50s ffs. The first few games and preseason, there was improvement and quite big one. But since Swansea, then Liverpool and now this, with every game the play gets worse and slower. is it the mentality, I dont know, but if players gave up after two games, they can all fuck out of club, because apart from very few individuals, I see no grit, no passion, no fight in majority of players who should put their body on line for the pay they recieve.

Just now, The Skipper said:

Do people still believe Matic is bad because of Fabregas or?

Cesc was fine going forward there but is so painfully, ridiculously slow and unathletic it's hard to watch. Like an out of shape fan put on a Chelsea kit and had a go.

Think the only way he can start is with both Matic and Kante around him.

2 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

Agreed but progression is important and for that only I meant he shouldn't need more than a month. I don't expect wins or draws, would be totally ok with losses but with a much better performance from our players.

Upto the last two games we have been getting that.

Burnley and Swansea (despite drawing the latter) is the best we played in 18 months, not saying much but still.....

15 minutes ago, Tomo said:

That is exactly what Jose did. Didn't stop those who were so inclined posting about how he should be playing 'better' with this squad of players.

Antonio is going to have a harder time persuading the players to produce the kind of performance necessary because, for some reason that I just can't understand, they've convinced themselves that they are too good to play that way. It will therefore be hard to get them to go back to it.