N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

On 5/20/2016 at 1:34 PM, OneMoSalah said:

Anyone else under the impression he would come here and flop but exceed anywhere else? Or is it just me? not saying hes a bad player but would just be our luck if he was a one season wonder.._.

Nah, we usually do good with players of this type. It's the attacking flair players that stagnate, regress or flat out flop at our place and I agree, something is not right when it comes to not only coaching, but developing attacking players at Cobham. Too much focus on physical and defensive part of the game perhaps?

57 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Either Nainggolan or Kante. I dont see anyone better than those two that would fit our midfield needs. If Kante is available for that reported fee, even better.

Matic and Naingollan/Kante alongside Fabregas or any new creative player would be one badass midfield :D:cig:

3 hours ago, chrismada9 said:

There is as much truth to Tancredi Palmeri as there is in a mouldy bacon sandwich.

He's like a walking Daily Mail! 

i still remember that guy's tweet when he said we signed and completed deal for cavani!!

3 hours ago, milka said:

We need N'golo Kantelele .

This may sound a bit controversial but I think out of all the type of player we need, Kante isn't one of them lol.

He works within the system he's in where he's basically continuously chasing the ball because Leicester play mostly without it. We're not like that, we're usually dominating possession against most teams, especially at home, and I don't see Kante being a crucial part of a team that holds the ball. He's a workhorse and perfect for a team like Leicester, but I have questions whether we really need the guy or not lol. 

We've got other areas to strengthen in, a box-to-box isn't really one of them. We need a ball playing centre mid, I think DLP is what they're calling it now.  

2 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

This may sound a bit controversial but I think out of all the type of player we need, Kante isn't one of them lol.

He works within the system he's in where he's basically continuously chasing the ball because Leicester play mostly without it. We're not like that, we're usually dominating possession against most teams, especially at home, and I don't see Kante being a crucial part of a team that holds the ball. He's a workhorse and perfect for a team like Leicester, but I have questions whether we really need the guy or not lol. 

We've got other areas to strengthen in, a box-to-box isn't really one of them. We need a ball playing centre mid, I think DLP is what they're calling it now.  

While that's true to an extent, we were having serious problems against just about anyone last season in midfield, even rubbish teams were cutting us open in the middle like knife through butter, Kante will go a long way to solving that issue.

Kante is basically what we were hoping Mikel would be.

22 minutes ago, Tomo said:

While that's true to an extent, we were having serious problems against just about anyone last season in midfield, even rubbish teams were cutting us open in the middle like knife through butter, Kante will go a long way to solving that issue.

The two biggest things we lack in our midfield is legs and breaking up play.

Kante definitely does both and in my opinion would fit the type of player we do need.

My biggest concerns with him would actually be is he a one season wonder (not sure about his time in France so just judging on the premier league) and, with all due respect to Leicester and what they accomplished last season, can he step up to the next level and pressure of a bigger club. Scott Parker springs to mind when I think about this, somebody who simply thrived being a 'big fish'.

26 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Yeah but thinking ahead of getting us to where we should be, there's no sense in it. If we wanted a work horse why sell Ramires? I'm not saying Ramires and Kante are alike, before anyone jumps, but we'll need much more capable cms on the ball. We're going to fork out between £20-30m on him and just not gonna need him in the end. 

That being said, if Kante means we do business fucking do it Chelsea. I grow more and more negative about the coming season..

19 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Yeah but thinking ahead of getting us to where we should be, there's no sense in it. If we wanted a work horse why sell Ramires? I'm not saying Ramires and Kante are alike, before anyone jumps, but we'll need much more capable cms on the ball. We're going to fork out between £20-30m on him and just not gonna need him in the end. 

That being said, if Kante means we do business fucking do it Chelsea. I grow more and more negative about the coming season..

Ramires offered atleticism which in some circumstances really helped, but tactically he was clueless, although I appreciate the service he gave us I was delighted we got £25m for him because as soon as he loses the pace he will be totally out of his depth in high level football, and with the move to China I think he has realised that for himself.

If we play a 4-3-3 then the other two in the three can worry about goals and assists.

25 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

The two biggest things we lack in our midfield is legs and breaking up play.

Kante definitely does both and in my opinion would fit the type of player we do need.

My biggest concerns with him would actually be is he a one season wonder (not sure about his time in France so just judging on the premier league) and, with all due respect to Leicester and what they accomplished last season, can he step up to the next level and pressure of a bigger club. Scott Parker springs to mind when I think about this, somebody who simply thrived being a 'big fish'.

I think Kante, Mahrez and possibly Fuchs are the two players who will carry on playing at a top level, the rest will fall off a cliff sooner rather than later.

I actually think Leicester will have another really good season next season (not title but I do believe top four challenge tbh but just missing out), season after, when CL is likely gone again is when they will fall back down.

24 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

I can understand where you are coming from with this.

For me, I'd actually like to see us move for Lassana Diarra. We should never have sold him in the first place, I do think he was on the cusp of breaking out in the team.

He would offer a similar role (perhaps not as dynamic at his age but much more experienced), short term impact which we need to a degree to get back up into the top 4 and beyond, cost effective too which would probably allow us to bring in another midfielder whilst potentially letting Mikel and Matic both go. 

If we moved back to adopting three in midfield, we could have Fabregas, a new midfielder (say Nainggolan or someone of that ilk), and possibly Diarra and Loftus-Cheek rotating and competing for the third spot. Diarra the short term, RLC the long term.