N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

On 30/04/2016 at 1:08 PM, Pizy said:

We can all see how good of a signing he'd be but I have zero faith that our board are even considering him. He'd probably be an easy signing to make as well because he's at such a small club who would jump at the fairly big money offer.

He'd be a great signing for any of the top sides in the PL. Just hope that of we don't get him none of our rivals do. He'd be the missing ingredient for at least a few. Arsenal get a top striker and Kanté and they'd have the best squad in the country. He'd be a great signing for Liverpool and United as well.

We have to try and quickly. An unspectacular but necessary piece of the puzzle.

With current levels of TV revenues there is no such thing as a small Premier League club, and there is certainly no such thing as a small Champion's League one. Not financially speaking anyway.

Even if Leicester are relegated next season their revenues will still dwarf those of all but a tiny handful of the mega clubs in the rest of Europe. Throw in the fact that they have wealthy backers and there are only two ways money will cause them to part with a player; if if they don't think he's an important member of their side or if he has a buyout clause. Clearly the first won't apply to Kante and even though it is rumoured that there is a clause in his contract, Leicester will be able to compete hard with any offers he receives from elsewhere.

If Kante chooses to move it will probably have more to do with the attraction of the club he joins, than with the money involved. I think we all have our doubts that any highly sought after player would choose Chelsea this summer. Hopefully that doubt is just the natural pessimism of the football fan.

26 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

One thing there is no longer any room for doubt about is that Kante is a better player than Maka was.

Nah man. Just nah.

Perhaps when Maka was here in his 30s, one could argue but still I dont think so. 

Prime Maka was simply a brilliant destructor. Maybe his ability on the ball would not suit football of today, but we will never know. Makelele was the engine of Real, Chelsea and France. Invisible, but crucial. 

Kante is very good but it will take at least a few great seasons in top teams to even compare him with players like Maka. Right now, he can be compared with Matuidi at best. 

He seems to be everywhere at all times. Covers every inch of the pitch and helps his defenders without thought or hesitation. He reads the passing lanes so well and makes countless interceptions. Fantastic player that we need to make a run at and at least try. It'll be hard to convince him to move here when he can stay at Leicester and play in the CL and surely a few CL sides like Arsenal and City will be after him, but we have to at least try.

Put him in a midfield that has players that excell in the areas he isn't great at and he'll continue to be a beast. For example he'd compliment Cesc perfectly. Fabregas doesn't have to worry as much about defending and can focus on his passing and controlling the tempo of possession. We've seen how deadly he is when given time to dictate the play. Likewise, Kanté wouldn't be asked to attack and pass as much and could focus on disrupting play and tackling.

A midfield 3 consisting of Cesc, Kanté, and a box to box like Nainggolan would be insane.

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Maybe his ability on the ball would not suit football of today, but we will never know.

I'm convinced that it would not. It didn't really suit yesterday either.

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Makelele was the engine of Real, Chelsea and France. Invisible, but crucial. 

That's the accepted story of course. It is not my opinion but I'll give you that the overwhelming majority view would be on your side of that discussion.

35 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Anyone else under the impression he would come here and flop but exceed anywhere else? Or is it just me? not saying hes a bad player but would just be our luck if he was a one season wonder.._.

I can see what you're talking about here...

We have this knack of signing supposedly top quality players for a substantial price, and either they flop instantly, or they never get picked.. shortly afterwards (mainly at the end of the season), they simply get loaned out, or someone signs them permanently, and they become instant gods.

Juan Cuadrado since he came to the club in January 2015 was horrendous.. when Juventus season-loaned him, he was a key player in their Serie A success..

..Chelsea has a curse somewhere! 

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Anyone else under the impression he would come here and flop but exceed anywhere else? Or is it just me? not saying hes a bad player but would just be our luck if he was a one season wonder.._.

But of course. tis our way. I think there's barely 1 player we've signed in the last 5 years who's actually improved since arriving here, bar Zouma & Azpilicueta, but I'm not entirely sure they've shown something they didn't show before coming here. That's embarrassing. There is something really really wrong among our coaches or whoever oversees them.

He will not look as good as with Leicester thats for sure. He played in a system that made him shine with a low block and minimal risk. He is still a good player but I would not expect him to replicate his Leicester's form here should he join us.

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Even if he does its a nominal fee. Given what I've seen from him its a worthy investment, he could flop but if he comes anywhere near his form this season we're winning the title again.

On 20 May 2016 at 2:52 PM, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Even if he does its a nominal fee. Given what I've seen from him its a worthy investment, he could flop but if he comes anywhere near his form this season we're winning the title again.

20M is a nominal fee? When you have no extra money from CL and a board that has clearly bought into FFP if you look in to our last few transfer windows? And if he doesn't succeed here do we sell him for a loss like with Torres and possibly Cuadrado this summer if he doesn't stay? No point avoiding it if he is a one season wonder then we will likely overspend on him and this summer we need to get it right in recruitment like we did the year we got Costa, Cesc, Filipe Luis, recalled Courtois...

Like I said previously he is a good player and would likely cut it (mainly as a squad/rotation player here if we are being realistic when you consider Nainggolan and Vidal were probably his first and second choice targets) but I believe he won't play a season of football again as well as the one he just did. 

Also we will need more than Ngolo Kante to win the league regardless of how well he would play considering we are a mess at the back, lack a top quality box to box/attacking midfielder, as well as needing a back up/alternative to Cesc and have no real competition for Costa other than a promising kid who's probably gonna join the loan brigade.

This season coming up isn't going to be easy to get in to the top 4 yet alone win the league, especially considering our manager is new to English football (possibly the Engliah language) and nobody is any the wiser with who is coming or going. 

8 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

20M is a nominal fee? When you have no extra money from CL and a board that has clearly bought into FFP if you look in to our last few transfer windows? And if he doesn't succeed here do we sell him for a loss like with Torres and possibly Cuadrado this summer if he doesn't stay? No point avoiding it if he is a one season wonder then we will likely overspend on him and this summer we need to get it right in recruitment like we did the year we got Costa, Cesc, Filipe Luis, recalled Courtois...

We have an extra 30m a year from the kit deal so we do have a little money to fuck around with, on top of TV revenue etc.