N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

6 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

This is why I think we're after another midfielder. Someone defensively capable but also someone who can start attacks well like Kante does. Maybe Chalobah could do that but not sure Conte trusts him. 

Still holding my fingers out for Paredes. Conte revived Pirlo's career so I'm sure he knows the importance of a player of his ilk, can't handle another season of Matic being 1st choice. You think Fabregas stays beyond this window btw?

3 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

Still holding my fingers out for Paredes. Conte revived Pirlo's career so I'm sure he knows the importance of a player of his ilk, can't handle another season of Matic being 1st choice. You think Fabregas stays beyond this window btw?

I think Cesc has to because it's way too late in the window to find a player of his level. If Cesc is leaving it'll be next season. Conte likes having a pure deep creative midfielder, and he has something to work with with Cesc. I still think Cesc will be important this season but Conte needs better defenders first to mask his deficiencies.  

8 hours ago, Gilvorak said:

I thought he had a good game but I like him in a B2B role rather than the disciplined one he was given today. I know he's forced to play that position because Matic is a liability but Conte isn't making the most of his skills.

7 hours ago, The Skipper said:

This is why I think we're after another midfielder. Someone defensively capable but also someone who can start attacks well like Kante does. Maybe Chalobah could do that but not sure Conte trusts him. 

Agree with both. 

Kante likes to roam the pitch to breakup attacks before they even start, and that can only happen if he has another partner next to him that compliments his talents like Danny Drinkwater did very well. The obvious downside to letting Kante operate as a roamimg destroyer is that he'll leave huge gaps in behind him and isn't disciplined enough to know when to stay put. And so for that reason, I think it's paramount Kante stays put until our midfield options are strengthened. 

Though It will be very intersing indeed to see how Kante is used throughout the season. 

Also, pretty sure Thiago Maia is the CM we're targeting. Wonder how he'd work out with Kante tbh. 

Accidentally came across this thread at redcafe: http://www.redcafe.net/threads/it-still-baffles-me-why-jose-didnt-sign-kante-certainly-a-jose-type-player-and-also-cheap.420819/

I mean, wow, Redcafe is such an amazing place. The level of delusion of those United fans makes me laugh my shits out. Can't wait to see Kante put them in the back pocket.

I checked out a Leicester forum and a wide range of emotions coming out of there!

Just love the lad.

But thought Mastic a tad on the quiet side and we lacked creativity.

Would love to see N'Golo with Chalobah in front of Cescy but as mentioned I reckon Contes waiting for a good CBi

Should be nicknamed The Recycler. Wins the ball back and immedietly gives it to a teammate. Never takes more than a touch or two it seems like. The booking he received was total bullshit and forced him to be a bit less aggressive but he was still excellent.

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Should be nicknamed The Recycler. Wins the ball back and immedietly gives it to a teammate. Never takes more than a touch or two it seems like. The booking he received was total bullshit and forced him to be a bit less aggressive but he was still excellent.

Yeah, too bad he got that yellow. I'm sure it made him extra careful bc he didn't want to debut with a red card in the Stamford Bridge. Still an excellent display.

7 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

He's so fucking good it's unreal, we got an absolute bargain. And unlike Matic he's actually deceptively gifted technically. His close control, composure, ball retention & even long range passing have all been on point so far.

Still think we should've sold Matic & got a player in the ilk of Alonso so we can get the most out of him. Him playing holder for Matic is a scandal.

Fully agree mate.

8 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

He's so fucking good it's unreal, we got an absolute bargain. And unlike Matic he's actually deceptively gifted technically. His close control, composure, ball retention & even long range passing have all been on point so far.

Still think we should've sold Matic & got a player in the ilk of Alonso so we can get the most out of him. Him playing holder for Matic is a scandal.

Burst out laughing.

What has happened to Matic? Ivanovic has always been terrible but Matic my word..... He's so clumsy on the ball, no right leg, no ball control, awful when asked to attack. You could see the difference between him and kante when kante was allowed to get forward. Matic should be the one sitting back, he has no ball control in tight spaces.