N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

35 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

That's the main thing I'm delighted for. We actually have options to play differently as the situation requires, without compromising quality too. If Matic regains form our midfield isn't too bad actually. We need to ship out Oscar and attain a better player and I'd be very happy with our midfield. 

If Matic and Cesc regain their top form then I think a midfield three consisting of them would be very formidable, Of course we are yet to see them in action together but the best part about them three is that they all offer different unique qualities. How would you rate Kante's passing and technical ability? I know he is pretty good while running with the ball but I don't know about his passing range.

5 hours ago, nono said:

I'm not terribly excited. Just another player of the Ramires and Mikel mould. Great defensively but won't help us against teams that defend with 10 men. So far the window has been an unkown striker and Kante. An OK transfer window which might turn out to be BAD if our rivals end up getting better players, which is going to be the case if the United and City deals for Pogba and Sane/Stones are completed. 

gotta be one the most clueless posts I've ever seen on this forum.

This is a happy moment for Chelsea, who've been running on one leg in MF for a while now. Still need more in CM and in FB/WB, but this a step in the right direction for this club.

Great signing in Kante!

32 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

I would say Kante is in the same mold as Nainggolan tbh. Won't be surprised to see Mikel stay as a back up DM. Or we ship him out and sign a proper CDM. Of course Kante can play there but it's a bit like putting in Essien at CDM, not using him to his best capabilities. 

Yeah, but offensively he clearly lacks, and won't offer the same output a Nainngolan or even Fernandhino do offensively. That's ok though, I'm not down on Kante at all. And your right, you want Kante to maraud the pitch reeking havoc across the pitch, but I want even more options. Guess we'll see what happens. 

34 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

I don't think you're being harsh at all. He doesn't provide much to the team at all. Going down the Mikel route IMO. 

Only wished Mikel could tackle the way Oscar does...  :D

Big fan of Kante myself - need 1-2 more CM (1 if RLC is played there).

5 minutes ago, milka said:

CnbX42RWYAAuBN2.jpg

CnbN6d_XgAAR923.jpg:large

Another stat: "Times player doesn't know when and where to pass the ball" with the overwhelming winner: Mikel, every year.

25 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Only wished Mikel could tackle the way Oscar does...  :D

Big fan of Kante myself - need 1-2 more CM (1 if RLC is played there).

sell Mikel. buy a 2nd CM this window.

1 hour ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Yeah, but offensively he clearly lacks, and won't offer the same output a Nainngolan or even Fernandhino do offensively. That's ok though, I'm not down on Kante at all. And your right, you want Kante to maraud the pitch reeking havoc across the pitch, but I want even more options. Guess we'll see what happens. 

I liked Conte's interview,in part he fits people in there right positions,and plays the right formation for the players he has(in theory sounds very easy lol)Not many elite midfielders out there,Vidal&Pogba etc afew up and coming CM out there maybe worth a punt instead.Bazoer maybe.

Edited by mccg
extra wording

4 hours ago, Mufassir08 said:

How about Kante, Matic and Cesc in a midfield three? 

Matic

Cesc-Kante

With our current squad i think 4-3-3 is the best (and maybe only) option. With the three you mentioned in midfield and Willian, Hazard and Costa up top.

To play 4-2-4 we'll need another CM who can play regularly next to Kante (Cesc and Matic can't - Cesc is a bad defender and Matic a bad attacker), and another ST so we'll have at least 3 good STs. 

For 3-5-2 i think we'll need two more CBs. Terry and Cahill are not good enough imo.

Im good with that 4-3-3 tbh, but besides a CB and FB, another good CM would be great.

1 hour ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Honestly, Nainggolan is overrated. He does offer more going forward, but he doesn't offer the flair and simplicity that Kante does. They are different players, but it's Kante we needed more right now

1 hour ago, milka said:

CnbX42RWYAAuBN2.jpg

CnbN6d_XgAAR923.jpg:large

And for anyone judging Kante's passing accuracy as a weakness, it's worth pointing out that Leicester played on counter attacks with only Vardy up top sometimes, being fed long balls and long through balls, which have a higher chances of getting intercepted by the opposition's defence.

1 minute ago, Special Juan said:

This will be a a really top signing. He is the breaker of play and complete work horse we have needed for a long time.

I still think we need two more players.

Assuming a CB, which one other area do you want to see being strengthened?