N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

3 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Even some of you don't really like the idea of Fabregas still having an important role in the team, I actually think a midfield three of Fabregas, Matic & Kante would work really well. Kante makes up for the lack of dynamism Matic displays and lack of defensive prowess Fabregas has. It could work very well. 

I agree that midfield 3 would work, no doubt. 

But the question is, will conte want to play 2 upfront? I know as chelsea fans we are used to 1 up top and have been for over ten years, but just as fabregas needs those 2 to play at his best I think Costa would be magnificent with a partner. 

Anyway, here's the bottom line - we have options! Fabregas or no fabregas, midfield 3 or 2, 1 striker or 2. Conte has options and that's when chelsea are devastating over 38 games. Blow some teams away, grind out some wins and neutralise others. 

It helps to have the child of Einstein and Al pacino that is conte ofcourse.

20 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

Sell Cesc & give him #4.

The energy level, the discipline, the perfect timing and intelligence in his tackling, the ability to pop up anywhere on the pitch. He's everything we hoped Ramires would be. 

This guy is easily the best ball winning midfielder in the PL. His anticipation is outstanding. One of the reasons Leicester scored vital goals was due to Kante nicking the ball in moments where the opposition thought they were comfortable in possession and setting up great counter attacking possibilities. He's going to be massive in the big games. 

7 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Even though some of you don't really like the idea of Fabregas still having an important role in the team, I actually think a midfield three of Fabregas, Matic & Kante would work really well. Kante makes up for the lack of dynamism Matic displays and lack of defensive prowess Fabregas has. It could work very well. 

Exactly what I was thinking, a midfield three consisting of Kanté, Cesc and Matic sounds brilliant on paper but the latter two obviously need to step up their form from last season. Kanté and Matic doing the "dirty work" with Fabregas being allowed to do his magic without pressure and very little defensive responsibilities doesn't sound that bad to me.

1 minute ago, Pizy said:

The energy level, the discipline, the perfect timing and intelligence in his tackling, the ability to pop up anywhere on the pitch. He's everything we hoped Ramires would be. 

I have to say his forward passing is much better than people give him credit for. 

Just basing that off the video though, haven't seen much of him though. 

3 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

I agree that midfield 3 would work, no doubt. 

But the question is, will conte want to play 2 upfront? I know as chelsea fans we are used to 1 up top and have been for over ten years, but just as fabregas needs those 2 to play at his best I think Costa would be magnificent with a partner. 

Anyway, here's the bottom line - we have options! Fabregas or no fabregas, midfield 3 or 2, 1 striker or 2. Conte has options and that's when chelsea are devastating over 38 games. Blow some teams away, grind out some wins and neutralise others. 

It helps to have the child of Einstein and Al pacino that is conte ofcourse.

That's the main thing I'm delighted for. We actually have options to play differently as the situation requires, without compromising quality too. If Matic regains form our midfield isn't too bad actually. We need to ship out Oscar and attain a better player and I'd be very happy with our midfield. 

43 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Have my reservations long-term but he'll improve us this season for sure. Under Conte he'll run the ground but he's got the stamina (I pray for no knee injuries).

So a striker and a midfielder. Address the issue of defence now perhaps..

I think we're all hoping that Kante will replicate more of his MOTM performance vs Romania at the Euros in a possession heavy side. 

I agree that Nainggolan or another All-Around Top CM in that mould coupled with Kante would have been sensational. 

But even if we only sign one Midfielder all window, im happy it was a CDM.

Mikel, great service but his time has come. And Matic made it incredibly difficult for Conte and Co. He's the ultimate wild-card. Was 2014/15 or 2015/16 an aberration? At the end of the day, just happy we have two CDMs, and reinforced the center of the park. And we'll address the loss of attaining Nainngolan either this window or next, hopefully the former. 

2 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

That's the main thing I'm delighted for. We actually have options to play differently as the situation requires, without compromising quality too. If Matic regains form our midfield isn't too bad actually. We need to ship out Oscar and attain a better player and I'd be very happy with our midfield. 

Oscar shouldnt fit in, personally. Hes no cm, no winger and no second striker. Hes literally limited to play the number 10 in a 4231 which we shouldnt see for a while lol.

Although i might be being harsh. He has had some decent games down the right for Brazil. Who knows, when you are on the wings you options are more limited than in the middle and ive ways thought oscar was at his best when he thought less and played more instinctly

14 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

I think we're all hoping that Kante will replicate more of his MOTM performance vs Romania at the Euros in a possession heavy side. 

I agree that Nainggolan or another All-Around Top CM in that mould coupled with Kante would have been sensational. 

Mikel, great service but his time has come. And Matic made it incredibly difficult for Conte and Co. He's the ultimate wild-card. Was 2014/15 or 2015/16 an aberration? At the end of the day, just happy we have two CDMs, and reinforced the center of the park. And we'll address the loss of attaining Nainngolan either this window or next, hopefully the former. 

I would say Kante is in the same mold as Nainggolan tbh. Won't be surprised to see Mikel stay as a back up DM. Or we ship him out and sign a proper CDM. Of course Kante can play there but it's a bit like putting in Essien at CDM, not using him to his best capabilities. 

7 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Yeah I get you. If Conte can get Costa, Hazard and Willian firing then midfield just need to be stable and assured (although I don't stop hoping Oscar will be replaced with someone better!)

10 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Oscar shouldnt fit in, personally. Hes no cm, no winger and no second striker. Hes literally limited to play the number 10 in a 4231 which we shouldnt see for a while lol.

Although i might be being harsh. He has had some decent games down the right for Brazil. Who knows, when you are on the wings you options are more limited than in the middle and ive ways thought oscar was at his best when he thought less and played more instinctly

I don't think you're being harsh at all. He doesn't provide much to the team at all. Going down the Mikel route IMO. 

15 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

I would say Kante is in the same mold as Nainggolan tbh. Won't be surprised to see Mikel stay as a back up DM. Or we ship him out and sign a proper CDM. Of course Kante can play there but it's a bit like putting in Essien at CDM, not using him to his best capabilities. 

Very much this. Kante is more than a CDM and more than just a CM. THe guy is a proper B2B. And I have seen people around saying his passing isn't good, well if you have seen even 10 Leicester games all season, you'd know he is actually really good at it. When needed, he passes sideways for a player in a better position than him to dictate the play, and when needed, he made excellent through balls for Vardy, Ulloa and Okazaki too. 

I have to say, I wasn't this excited in the last 2 years for a signing (Costa and Fabregas were the only two). And the way he plays, he'll be really appreciated by the Chelsea faithfuls. :)