N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

We know Leicester wont just throw in the towel. But for players like him (and others linked with us) that we so desperatly need if we want to rebuild and be some sort of force again in England,Europe then we really do need to start paying for them. 

Hust imagine a 2014 Matic and Kante giving Cescy the time/space he needs.

Me - Id get Nainggolain too! The middle of the park would be ours!

Oddly, there are more reports he wants to come here and will turn down the new deal, than there are of him staying.

Pessimist in me says he will stay and give them 1 more year to take part in their CL campaign,  level headed side of me says Leicester to Chelsea is a step up, regardless whether they're champs or not

I know we don't know the insides of the club's finances but I would give Leicester £40M and give him a 5 year  £200K/week contract, I can hardly imagine money being a problem if we offer these amounts and I think it's reasonable given the sums we were ready to pay for other less important positions, Morata for example ( although I'm all for getting him ). 

Thing is they might be right that we were close, but doesn't make Leicester giving Kanté a new deal less possible. 

I think everyone knows the decision is up to him, unless PSG or Real pop up at the last minute or something, although it's pretty clear that the best career choice for him would be us.

Just now, Adnane said:

Thing is they might be right that we were close, but doesn't make Leicester giving Kanté a new deal less possible. 

I think everyone knows the decision is up to him, unless PSG or Real pop up at the last minute or something, although it's pretty clear that the best career choice for him would be us.

Bound to offer him one, infact I'd say it is 100% certain they will.   Depends what we have offered him and whether he knows that by coming here, there is a strong possibility he will get his CL taster next year, if not this with Leicester.

I mean without sounding arrogant, even though they are champions, who is more likely to win it next year or be top 4, us or Leicester?

So take CL with Leicester now, maybe have a poorer season and the big clubs no longer retain much interest in him, or leave to Chelsea, and enjoy a potentially (and likely) more successful career on same money, or more

Guys, if Chelsea fail right now on this critical acquisition, then WTF does this say about the rest of the window and expectations for the season?  I don't believe for  second that Chelsea settle for buying the next Napalys Mendy or another player who merely has potential in PL in an effort to buy critical players for their wobbly CM.

This will happen; the club surely sees failure here as a big WTF moment for the entire year and season --and critically for the new manager.