N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

Chelsea are set to offer N’Golo Kante a five-year deal to reject Paris Saint-Germain and join them. [Mirror]

Chelsea are ready to hand N’Golo Kante more than TREBLE his £35,000-a-week wages at Leicester to tempt him to Stamford Bridge. [Mirror]

All we keep hearing is the same spiel from the same sources. Getting a bit bored of this now. If we don't bring in any decent signings we are set to struggle again unless the players who let us down last season, pull their fingers out. 

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2016 at 11:35 PM, Tomo said:

Having an opinion is fine, going over the same record again and again and again isn't, not only that I can't recall you ever posting about something else, if you did maybe you wouldn't get such negative reactions from people.

If we say for argument sake sign Kante, Rajda and Kouliably this summer, would you come on here hold you're hands up an say you were wrong? 

You react because you don't like what I have been posting about the Board.  Whether I post about a single subject or multiple ones does not matter.  If the Board signs those players that you mentioned, that's great for Conte and the club and I would say well done to them.  However, in my opinion, it won't happen.

Now regarding Kante, I have already read the excuses that he won't join us because we can't offer him CL football.  I expect to read about these excuses the whole summer as to why none of our supposed first choice targets will arrive and we are forced to resort to Djilobdoji and Pato signings. 

18 hours ago, It's too big said:

All we keep hearing is the same spiel from the same sources. Getting a bit bored of this now. If we don't bring in any decent signings we are set to struggle again unless the players who let us down last season, pull their fingers out. 

It's early. Be patient.

1 hour ago, kmk108 said:

It's early. Be patient.

that was the problem to begin with: we were very patient in replacing ramires and not strengthen the squad. No, I don't think we'd be title winning material regardless - it's the hangover after the title - but we might have avoided last season's fiasco. 

On 6/7/2016 at 10:41 AM, It's too big said:

I'd imagine a lot of it was the club wanting the Jose and Eva case sorted and out the way.  Now we have nothing to distract us we can just crack on. Conte will have handed us his list, pre season is 4 weeks away, id expect movement pretty soon tbh

3 hours ago, It's too big said:

So what was all this talk about us having a lot of money to spend? So far we're seriously holding back. I wonder if Euros '16 has anything to do with it, considering injuries are possible etc.  

I never thought that we would be spending a lot of money - on the contrary, I opine that the Board would effect the same net transfer spend as last summer or even less.  Only the tabloids would publish baseless stories of throwing 80 million pounds for Pogba and 70 million for Griezmann. 

Up till this point, the only substantiated rumour has been the club's pursuit of Nainggolan and that was way back from April.  Two months of negotiation and there is no sign of a conclusion.  If this deal doesn't go through, it would be interesting to see what sort of Plan B the Board has or will they fall back to a has-been midfield signing of some washed-out 34 year old? 

Hope its true, first time smth at least going into direction like The legendary and one and only BISON... Missed that type of player. I still think Chelsea played the best footbal from 2003 - 20011... technically absolute top noch, nice crisp and fast passes, high tempo, great mental and physical strength.... for me the best way to play... stoping a straight accurate  pass of Lamps on full speed from 2004 - 20011 couldn't have been done by many players in the world back then... loved our way to play... 

And thats why I like conte... he seems to have a pretty similar approach... technically highest level but reduced to the most important stuff...

Spoiler

oh... and the one and only BISON 

Spoiler

Again, I think we're taking this Kante being Essien thing a bit too far. I think it's an enormous jump to make after his solitary season with Leicester in a system that really played to his strengths. Whether he can replicate that and even prove effective in a team where they keep the ball more, well who knows. Also as far as I know, Kante isn't capable of such screamers like Ess was capable of lol. 

His energy is of course the major strength but whether he's being bought to play as Ramires did or whether it's to play his natural game remains to be seen.

1 minute ago, LDN Blue said:

Again, I think we're taking this Kante being Essien thing a bit too far. I think it's an enormous jump to make after his solitary season with Leicester in a system that really played to his strengths. Whether he can replicate that and even prove effective in a team where they keep the ball more, well who knows. Also as far as I know, Kante isn't capable of such screamers like Ess was capable of lol. 

His energy is of course the major strength but whether he's being bought to play as Ramires did or whether it's to play his natural game remains to be seen.

Oh I didn't say this I said: first time smth at least going into direction like The legendary and one and only BISON ...

I was refering to an energetic strong midfielder... ya know?

What a goal against Barca in the semis and what a goal against Arsenal.... LEGEND...

1 minute ago, LDN Blue said:

And therein lies the problem. If this was Conte's second summer, we'd have an idea of how we're playing and how players will fit. Right now, we have no clue if players are being brought in as replacements or to fit a new system. It's hard to judge how players will fit, so we're going to have to go on their past performances.

That said, to get an idea of how he'll play with a team that keeps the ball more, maybe we'll be able to see how he plays for France.