Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

7. N'Golo Kante

Special Juan
Followers 6

Think it's a bit premature.... understatement! 

He's 30 and I expect his performances to fluctuate a bit more, but let's not forget his back-to-back MotM performances in CL last season. Older players tend to take a bit longer to get going, but I expect him to still regain his best form this season.

Unless he's on the, or looking to, move...

Edited by robsblubot
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm in love with N'Golo We got him for the low low I'm in love with N'Golo  

One poor game (his passing was shit yes) and one of our most consistent players this season and reasons why we are top of the league needs a long term replacement. speechless.

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Hopefully we give him a 2 year extension and use him sparingly to cope with his injuries. Should be easy with Gallagher and hopefully a new DM coming in. 

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Bossed the midfield against united like he usually does? 😉

To me the mistakes in attack were far worse than anything bad we did at the back--united hardly created anything. Took a moment of magic from Cristiano to score against us.

We controlled the game from start to finish and Kante had a big part in that. We let him go and he will do that against us... that simple.

Edited by robsblubot
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Mário César said:

united is interested in kanté 

£60m and he is theirs, hell, £50m

we need start to make actual sales after shitting away hundreds of millions of pounds

Despite his injury problems these days he’s still far too good for us to allow him to go to a side we’ll be competitive for top 4 with next year. He would make United’s midfield considerably better.

If we let him go it should only be to somewhere like PSG.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, whats happening said:

no way im selling him still. especially not for united or any other top 6 team.

Abroad will be the answer. 

Boehly wants self sustainability, and 290kpw for a player who is on the decline and in the hospital bed 3/4 the season doesn't seem very sustainable financially. 

The concern with someone like Kante is he is still so highly regarded and also so loved by the Chelsea fan base that the new owners will be worried that selling him or not extending his contract could be seen as a negative PR decision.

Someone needs to make a big decision on him which might not be the most popular. I don't think this season he has justified a new contract on the wages he earns, especially as he'll be 32 at the end of next season and has had 3 years of struggles staying fit.

Would a summer of rest help get the best back out of him for another season or two? Possibly, but I wouldn't bank on it.

I wouldn't really like to take the risk of trading him off to United but if they were the only team that came in for him and were willing to offer good money I think it needs to be considered as we've got some work to do in the market this summer.

Have to believe though PSG would fancy him if we showed any suggestions he was available.

People have said worse abt 38yr old Thiago Silva at different times especially during his Lampard's last season. Kante will overcome this phase of injury problems. He still have an atleast efficient 3yrs in him. Especially with Gallagher coming into the squad next season we won't always be in a desperate position to risk his fitness. Kante will be BacK.

• Like 2