N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

been reading some of the posts about Kante slotting into our old guard team, its a no brainer for me.

im going with a 4-3-3

Cech

Azpi      Terry    Ivanovic    A.Cole

Kante

Essien        Lampard

Robben                           Hazard

Drogba

i would go like this, at least on paper its a sick team with plenty of goals in it and very solid at the back and in the middle. Cheers

2 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

been reading some of the posts about Kante slotting into our old guard team, its a no brainer for me.

im going with a 4-3-3

Cech

Kante

Essien        Lampard

Drogba

i would go like this, at least on paper its a sick team with plenty of goals in it and very solid at the back and in the middle. Cheers

I'd put either Ricky or god forbid Gallas that's before he went boss eyed, instead of Vano.

3 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

im going with a 4-3-3

Cech

Kante

Essien        Lampard

Drogba

Ace team if you change Carvalho for Ivan. Might be an unpopular opinion, but I think I would prefer prime Ivan over Azpi at RB. Azpi hasn't really played RB for us, he has excelled mainly at LB and RCB.

4 hours ago, Polo7 said:

If that was Hazard or Courtois, they would add at the end “but in football anything can happen” or “My heart is in Madrid”

It's them Belgium players they are never fucking happy and they like to talk to the media at international weekends in Belgium 

On 3/20/2018 at 1:57 PM, bigbluewillie said:

I forget, particularly the one that called me an idiot, i'd like to meet the cunt so he can tell me to my face.

But I wasn't even comparing them to Messi or Ronaldo.

I was referring to their respective positions, there's no one in the world that I would have instead of N'golo and Dave.

Just for the doubters i'm referring to defensive midfield, and right back, right center back, the both of them there's nobody i'd rather have.

When I first joined the forum, someone called me an idiot for suggesting that Jose coming back might not be the best decision.

I thought, "well, so it's that kind of place here, huh".

On 3/22/2018 at 10:55 AM, Polo7 said:

If that was Hazard or Courtois, they would add at the end “but in football anything can happen” or “My heart is in Madrid”

Who cares?

I mean 99% of Chelsea fans would happily throw Cahill and (uptill a couple of months ago) Willian in the bin if they got the choice yet they are arguably the two players out of this current squad who love this club the most. We can't do that then get pissy because our actual best players might want to try new things before their careers up loyalty works both ways and ultimately the most loyal party is always the one who needs the other the most (Cahill needs us more than we need him, but we certainly need Courtois and especially Hazard more than they need us).

Drogba did the same now he has legend status and is often used as an example of how our current players should behave, if Hazard does a u turn the same way and stays till late in his career (which given how good he is will almost certainly get him equal legend status) in ten years time it will be "(insert new player here) is a mercenary cunt, Hazard would never do this".

On 3/22/2018 at 2:18 PM, manpe said:

Ace team if you change Carvalho for Ivan. Might be an unpopular opinion, but I think I would prefer prime Ivan over Azpi at RB. Azpi hasn't really played RB for us, he has excelled mainly at LB and RCB.

If we are going by the form/consistency from their time at the club, then i would probably choose Azpi over Cole. Ash had two great years (08/09 and 09/10) but his first two were very hit and miss and he was well past his best in the last four.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

If we are going by the form/consistency from their time at the club, then i would probably choose Azpi over Cole. Ash had two great years (08/09 and 09/10) but his first two were very hit and miss and he was well past his best in the last four.

I prefer a left-footed player there with some attacking prowess and pace, so Ash any day for me. Especially considering the rest of the team is strong enough defensively that Azpi's defensive expertise won't be that needed. Cole was once pretty much unanimously considered the best LB in the world, Azpi never reached such heights. But ain't it nice to have such options :D I would be happy with either anyway.

On 19/03/2018 at 6:17 AM, manpe said:

His development in last 2 years has been immense. He is a much more complete player now.

I feel like he’ll still improve. He’s not confident in his own game in the final third and that hinders him a lot. But he has genuine football ability. He should back himself more and take some risks. That’s what all attackers do anyway. That’s the next step in his development.