N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

28 minutes ago, Amblève. said:

I feel like Leandro Paredes could be a great partner for Kante, though, I'm solely basing this opinion on his Roma performances since I haven't followed him in Russia.

I can't pretend to know much about Paredes, but if he's a two-way player who combines good technical skill, steady possession-play, and effective dribbling, then I'm all for him. We don't necessarily need a world-beater next to Kante (although that would be ideal, of course), but simply a player who is mobile, fairly energetic, and capable of driving us up the pitch from deep (either with incisive passing or dribbling). Bakayoko was seemingly bought with the idea that he could be that player for us, but he has awful technical ability and is far too raw. Drinkwater is fine as depth, but is all about safety-first and lacks ambition in his play. And then there's Fabregas.

He really is our best and most important player. He absolutely dominated Barcas midfield alone last night. Not only defensively, but he was also very good going forward. If only he scored after that great solo run..    Nevertheless his best big game peformance for us so far.

Enjoy!

11 hours ago, WNDS said:

Yeah, I've heard those. By 'realistically obtainable', I was referring to his current club/situation; he's not going to stay where he is, and Shakhtar are willing to sell (probably to Man City, but who's he replacing? Fernandinho's getting on, but still performs). Obviously, I could have mentioned pairing Kante with Modric/Vidal/Verratti or whoever, but those players are well beyond our reach.

Fair.  It was more of a "don't get your hopes up for Fred" type of a post.  Fred-lite, we can do.

3 hours ago, the wes said:

I hope we go all out in the summer and find a cracking midfielder to play alongside Kante 

Not going to happen. 

Board don't see it that way, they bought Baka, Drinkwater and Barkly. 

So expect the same shenanigans. 

The guy was still running second half of extra time and I didn’t see a drop of sweat on his face. He isn’t human, probably a robot sent back in time to save John Connor. Playing football whilst waiting for John to be born. Terminator 7: Kante kill Connor!