N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel

He is the box to box midfielder I've been screaming for since the summer transfer period. He reminds me of Essien, kante can pass, can shoot, can dribble past his marker, can tackle and is very mobile.

We need to sign him and ighalo to get back to what Chelsea knows how to do.

I'm tired of a striker who is bullied by defenders and complaining to the ref. Ighalo has scored so many goals out of nowhere, with hopefully passes. He'll get even better passes here.

I'm tired of our slow midfield pivot, fabregas-Matic is too slow for my liking. We need mobility without losing technical quality.

Once we get this done, we'll see a different team.

He is the box to box midfielder I've been screaming for since the summer transfer period. He reminds me of Essien, kante can pass, can shoot, can dribble past his marker, can tackle and is very mobile.

We need to sign him and ighalo to get back to what Chelsea knows how to do.

I'm tired of a striker who is bullied by defenders and complaining to the ref. Ighalo has scored so many goals out of nowhere, with hopefully passes. He'll get even better passes here.

I'm tired of our slow midfield pivot, fabregas-Matic is too slow for my liking. We need mobility without losing technical quality.

Once we get this done, we'll see a different team.

There is so much to agree with it this post. Three things I'd like to comment on: -

We definitely need the midfielder you describe. I don't know enough about Kante to have an opinion about if he can fit the bill but, if he has the qualities you describe, he is better than Essien. Ess could power past markers but not dribble past them (his close control was ordinary) and he was a less than ordinary passer. I suppose being better than Ess is enough of a recommendation for a lot of Chelsea fans though I must admit I rated ME less highly than most did.

The point you make about adding mobility without losing technical quality is such an important one for our club. We have sold ourselves so short in the transfer market it's criminal. To live with elite clubs requires elite players and to be an elite player requires technique first and foremost but it also needs physical attributes. We have a history of getting players with one or the other. In other words, we have signed players who are below elite level but we have paid elite fees and wages to get them.

The last thing I want to say is regarding the only part of your post I disagree with. I think it's just wishful thinking on our part to imagine that any strikers would get better service playing for Chelsea currently than they would playing for Watford or many other premier League sides. It just ain't so I'm afraid though I suppose you mean how it might be with an improved squad. We can only hope.

• 1 month later...

He is very good indeed, fast a good dribbler, nice distribution, but he is also sloppy and often loses the ball right after he wins it. That is why he is nowhere near a prime essien, but at 24 is no finished article and will vastly improve with better team mates. What I also like about himmis his positional intelligence and energy

• 2 weeks later...

Was the best player on pitch today by far. Did not deserve to be on the losing side. Reminds me of Lassana Diarra. Look the same, same height and similar qualities but Kante is better. Amount of times he broke down Arsenal's attack and started counters was countless.

• 1 month later...

Just watching him now - the way he moves across the back four, never have I seen a player more like Makelele since the man himself. He is snuffing out danger for Leicester all over the pitch. He is so good at cutting out passing angles and tracking the right man. Perpetual motion - nothing like our midfield statues. Not even mentioning how well he does when going forward... 

We need to try and sign him. Throw as much at Leicester as it takes. Give them all of the Ramires money and whatever else they want.

Can forget about signing him before 2017 when we're, hopefully, back in the Champions League :lol:.

Think a lot of these Leicester boys will stay for another season, their place in the CL team is confirmed and they might as well ride the wave until Jan/July '17. With the exception of Mahrez, who's more prolific and likely to go abroad, we should eye these guys up for a move in 2017 (you know, as long as the Traore ban doesn't come into force :lol:)