Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Michy Batshuayi

Special Juan
Followers 1

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

How do you define poacher? Because by poacher, I mean the striker doesn't get involved in any of the buildup play and focuses only on scoring inside the six-yard box or the box in general. Almost all, if not all, the players you mentioned there are certainly not that, IMO. 

Yeah, this is my understanding too. A poacher to me is a Pipo Inzaghi/Van Nistelrooy. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOOOOOL 

LMAO This just keeps getting better:   This is one of the best things that has ever happened on social media      

Over at Olympique Marseille during an interview he once confessed he sometimes couldn't sleep the night before game-day and then he'd often watch Spongebob episodes to calm his nerves. Fans that saw t

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Jason said:

How do you define poacher? Because by poacher, I mean the striker doesn't get involved in any of the buildup play and focuses only on scoring inside the six-yard box or the box in general. Almost all, if not all, the players you mentioned there are certainly not that, IMO. 

Icardi for me is a goal poacher, but the rest that were named aren't.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Jason said:

disagree completely, sorry

I stand by my post

poacher is not a negative

it is being in the right place at the right time

the players I listed are all poachers and most are target types as well, irregardless of if they occasionally help in the buildup

almost none of them are hard pressing types of CF's, a few maybe to a point, but that is not the main part of their game

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

disagree completely, sorry

I stand by my post

poacher is not a negative

it is being in the right place at the right time

the players I listed are all poachers and most are target types as well, irregardless of if they occasionally help in the buildup

almost none of them are hard pressing types of CF's, a few maybe to a point, but that is not the main part of their game

You want to disagree over the list, that's fine but for the record, I never said anything about poacher being a negative. I did not say anything about poaching as a skill, only about it as a striker type. Those are two different things. 

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Jason said:

You want to disagree over the list, that's fine but for the record, I never said anything about poacher being a negative. I did not say anything about poaching as a skill, only about it as a striker type. Those are two different things. 

fair enough

I do think many people, at least from what I have seen over the years, give a bit of side-eye to 'poachers' or players labelled as such

1 hour ago, Vesper said:

fair enough

I do think many people, at least from what I have seen over the years, give a bit of side-eye to 'poachers' or players labelled as such

You are right saying that it has negative tone, but poacher like what Jason has explained is a role. It become negative because it ia very rare for a team to play a poacher as striker. 

Btw no one will ever say player like Lewandowski or harry kane a poacher. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, communicate said:

You are right saying that it has negative tone, but poacher like what Jason has explained is a role. It become negative because it ia very rare for a team to play a poacher as striker. 

Btw no one will ever say player like Lewandowski or harry kane a poacher. 

thats funny because I have heard multiple presenters call them both exactly that (and not in a negative way) many times

1 hour ago, NikkiCFC said:

Not in 20 players squad with CHO, Tomori and Jorginho out? I think we will never see him again in Chelsea shirt. Thanks for... funny social media posts...

Might be worth noting that Mando wasn't among the subs either so it's possible that Michy's absence was due in part to the balance Frank wanted on the bench.

21 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Might be worth noting that Mando wasn't among the subs either so it's possible that Michy's absence was due in part to the balance Frank wanted on the bench.

Sorry but who is Mando? 

1 hour ago, blu35_army said:

Armando Borja,,the academy graduate....

Oh...lol

Either way, it doesn't change the fact that Batshuayi is done at the club. It will take an injury crisis (touch wood, fingers crossed!) for him to play again. 

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Oh...lol

Either way, it doesn't change the fact that Batshuayi is done at the club. It will take an injury crisis (touch wood, fingers crossed!) for him to play again. 

My point was just that Mando is next in line after Bats, and the youngster may even be ahead of Michy now. If Frank wanted a second striker among the subs it would have had to have been one of these two. Given that neither was there, it looks like Frank simply preferred a different balance on yesterday's bench.

So, although it's obvious that Michy will be gone as soon as we can find someone who wants him, that's something we knew before yesterday. His absence against Villa is not, in itself, evidence of that fact.

I'll give you this probably wasn't a point worth making. :(

• Like 1
2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

My point was just that Mando is next in line after Bats, and the youngster may even be ahead of Michy now. If Frank wanted a second striker on the bench it would have had to have been one of these two. Given that neither was there, it looks like Frank simply preferred a different balance on yesterday's bench.

So, although it's obvious that Michy will be gone as soon as we can find someone who wants him, that's something we knew before yesterday. His absence against Villa is not, in itself, evidence of that fact.

I'll give you this probably wasn't a point worth making. :(

Even then, Broja has barely played in first team games and is still a youth player. Him not being included in the matchday squad is hardly a surprise, especially when we have most of the first team squad back fit.

43 minutes ago, Jason said:

Even then, Broja has barely played in first team games and is still a youth player. Him not being included in the matchday squad is hardly a surprise, especially when we have most of the first team squad back fit

You have to remember I was reacting to the observation that Michy's absence was evidence that he isn't wanted. I simply pointed out that it might only have been evidence of SFL not needing a second striker on the bench yesterday. If Mando had been there in preference to Bats, then that would have been further evidence that Michy is done.

Sell this donkey to the pikeys or Palace or NUFC if tbe headchoppers buy them. So sick of seeing these same names floating about for years. We will fuck about, do nothing, and they all will walk on frees or be panic sold for pennies. The list of dregs we are carrying is staggering.

14 hours ago, Special Juan said:

Surely we could get 20 million for him?

the headchoppers might pay £30 to 35m if we play our cards right and IF they are approved for the buy

£30m and above I do a happy dance

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

DDon't get why he is considered so bad , always had a good goals to minutes ratio and scored big goals too. I think he'd get 20 premier league goals if started regularly