Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Michy Batshuayi


Special Juan
 Share
Followers 1

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOOOOOL 

LMAO This just keeps getting better:   This is one of the best things that has ever happened on social media      

Over at Olympique Marseille during an interview he once confessed he sometimes couldn't sleep the night before game-day and then he'd often watch Spongebob episodes to calm his nerves. Fans that saw t

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Gilvorak said:

Is his technique & passing great because it genuinely is or because compared to Costa he looks like Pele? I'm having a hard time distinguishing between the two.

His technique is one of his best attributes I would say. From what I've seen of him for Marseille, the main thing he needs to work on is finessing his off the ball movement a bit and becoming a bit more clinical. If he does that we have a player on our hands. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Skipper said:

His technique is one of his best attributes I would say. From what I've seen of him for Marseille, the main thing he needs to work on is finessing his off the ball movement a bit and becoming a bit more clinical. If he does that we have a player on our hands. 

Most promising thing about tonight is it looked like both he & Eden already have an understanding between one another something Costa hasn't been able to do in 2 years now.

Great signing by Emenalo. He could turn out to be a special player.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
First impressions: Loving what I see! 

Good hold up and first touch, decent technique, pure strikers instinct. 

Very impressive performance, again. God you don't know how much I wished he could turn that 1 on 1 chance into score, it would certainly boost up his confidence. But yeh, still very good play overall.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ryan Fong said:

Very impressive performance, again. God you don't know how much I wished he could turn that 1 on 1 chance into score, it would certainly boost up his confidence. But yeh, still very good play overall.

Yeah, I was willing it in as well. But he looks like he won't have much trouble getting on the score sheet. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He really is a special talent. When he builds up chemistry with his teammates through playing regularly he can develop into a star.

I sort of hope that no matter who we bring in up top, Michy is the partner for them and isn't benched. His technique and explosiveness can cause teams fits.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Pizy said:

He really is a special talent. When he builds up chemistry with his teammates through playing regularly he can develop into a star.

I sort of hope that no matter who we bring in up top, Michy is the partner for them and isn't benched. His technique and explosiveness can cause teams fits.

I fully agree with you. Michy is young but very talented. On top of this, he is a very nice chap and a fair player, in total contrast to Diego Costa. Michy must play. And I am sure that would he be our first striker, he would score 20 goals or so during his first season with us.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Pizy said:

He really is a special talent. When he builds up chemistry with his teammates through playing regularly he can develop into a star.

I sort of hope that no matter who we bring in up top, Michy is the partner for them and isn't benched. His technique and explosiveness can cause teams fits.

I'm tempted to predict that even if Costa stays Michy will force Antonio to regard him, not the Spaniard, as our top striker. Only tempted mind because the last time I made such a prediction Studge never did oust Torres, despite it being blindingly obvious that the youngster was the better player. Instead of becoming our starter within two months, Danny was gone within six. So, although I know what I think will happen with Bats, I'll hold off on the prediction.:)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I'm tempted to predict that even if Costa stays Michy will force Antonio to regard him, not the Spaniard, as our top striker. Only tempted mind because the last time I made such a prediction Studge never did oust Torres, despite it being blindingly obvious that the youngster was the better player. Instead of becoming our starter within two months, Danny was gone within six. So, although I know what I think will happen with Bats, I'll hold off on the prediction.:)

This will happen 1,000% if we sign Lukaku. But like with the Torres Saga, that price tag will keep Lukaku in the Starting XI. 

I know I've been very vocal Batshuayi fan, but I really really believe he'll be amazing for us if given the chance. His Expected Goals/Assists per 90mins were on ridiculous levels last season for Marsielle. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I found a few articles on him, for those (like myself) that haven't seen him play (much).

https://13steps.co/2015/10/07/psg-2-1-marseille-contrasting-4-3-3s-take-center-stage-in-le-classique/

http://statsbomb.com/2015/10/after-gradel-martial-and-payet-who-is-ligue-1s-next-starlet/

Excerpt from another Statsbomb article:

Michy Batshuayi

Pretty much everything I said about Michy from two months ago still stands. The guy has been dynamite this season and with the financial problems that Marseille have because of no Champions League football, there’s almost no chance in hell he stays past this season. Hell, he might leave in January if the right offer comes along. Spurs have been the most keen on signing him and if they get him, they’re getting potentially a top 10 striker in the world by the time he hits age 25. He is that good a prospect and if he ever learns to be a good playmaker, the world is his oyster.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I found a few articles on him, for those (like myself) that haven't seen him play (much).

https://13steps.co/2015/10/07/psg-2-1-marseille-contrasting-4-3-3s-take-center-stage-in-le-classique/

http://statsbomb.com/2015/10/after-gradel-martial-and-payet-who-is-ligue-1s-next-starlet/

Excerpt from another Statsbomb article:

Michy Batshuayi

Pretty much everything I said about Michy from two months ago still stands. The guy has been dynamite this season and with the financial problems that Marseille have because of no Champions League football, there’s almost no chance in hell he stays past this season. Hell, he might leave in January if the right offer comes along. Spurs have been the most keen on signing him and if they get him, they’re getting potentially a top 10 striker in the world by the time he hits age 25. He is that good a prospect and if he ever learns to be a good playmaker, the world is his oyster.

Good reeads

Theres no doubt whatsoever that the 2 signings we have so far just might be the best 2 buys of the seasonj. Its reminding me of the Cescy/Costa window.

But lets all hope theres a couple of defenders on their way to our halowed turf.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Good reeads

Theres no doubt whatsoever that the 2 signings we have so far just might be the best 2 buys of the seasonj. Its reminding me of the Cescy/Costa window.

But lets all hope theres a couple of defenders on their way to our halowed turf.

Yeah.  FB and CB.  Replacement (identified and lined up) for Costa if he goes.  I wouldn't really mind another winger since I like the idea of Hazard as a FWD.  But, that depends on how Conte views the squad I suppose.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The club should be very grateful Real turned down their offers. I've always said Michy is as talented as Morata (at least) and I still stand by that stance. Good pace, agile, uses his body well in physical duels. Conte will hopefully light a fire in that belly to get him moving and pressing.

One of the things I like him about him is his nifty footwork and his ability to quickly pull the trigger with both feet. It's a great skill to have as a striker because he can create that bit of space for himself.

Whether he'll become a great striker will depend on his own development in terms of movement, timing, decision-making and his ability to remain calm. I like his personality so I really hope he'll surprise and blow up immediately as the next exciting striker prospect.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...