Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Michy Batshuayi

Special Juan
Followers 1

6 minutes ago, dreamcfc said:

Would love this to be true but taking everything in to consideration, can we afford to take a risk with him. Morata is also in the same situation really, we are going in to next season hoping one of these comes good for goals.

Can we afford to take the risk? probably not. Does it feel like we are going to take the risk? yes. The market for Morata has dried up so we are shifting to reclamation mode. We are essentially banking on either Morata or Bats to start firing & either Barkley or RLC to come good for that Hamsik role. If we can't secure the targets we want in the transfer market, which essentially feels like Martial or bust for the striker position, which would then still leave Morata here and a problem of Martial wanting to be striker but Morata/Bats/Giroud are here. Time is ticking down and to get our striker target it then involves moving 2 players while buying a RW which is extremely difficult. So i have turned my focus and hopes from new targets to Sarri breathing confidence into our talented yet under performing players. Morata/Bats/RLC/Barkley have tantalizing talent, just feels like they all need confidence and belief. I am not confident in the plan but all we can do is hope it works out at this moment.

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOOOOOL 

LMAO This just keeps getting better:   This is one of the best things that has ever happened on social media      

Over at Olympique Marseille during an interview he once confessed he sometimes couldn't sleep the night before game-day and then he'd often watch Spongebob episodes to calm his nerves. Fans that saw t

Posted Images

Maurizio Sarri sends message to Michy Batshuayi over Chelsea future

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/batshuayi-set-chelsea-stay/

https://metro.co.uk/2018/07/31/maurizio-sarri-sends-message-michy-batshuayi-chelsea-future-7781371/

Hopefully Sarri can coach him like he did with Mertens last season , hopefully the style and tactics will help Batman also!

38 minutes ago, whats happening said:

only if he could be less selfish and doesnt shoot the ball everytime he has it in his foot...

Don't see anything wrong with that. If people told Lampard to not be so selfish, he wouldn't have been one of the best goal scoring midfielders. 

• Like 2

I would be on board for trying with him if he had the basic intelligence in general play, with him we are down to ten unless the balls about 10 yards from goal.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I would be on board for trying with him if he had the basic intelligence in general play, with him we are down to ten unless the balls about 10 yards from goal.

Agree that side of his game needs some serious coaching from Sarri. But he looked a lot more confident at Dortmund and a far better player as a result. Something as simple as Sarri's faith and confidence in him may bring a lot more out of him.

Also whilst we need him to be able to help with the build up play at times, it's far more important we have a striker willing to make the right runs off the defence and in the right positions to finish. The change in style should create more chances than we were creating last season and we need someone to finish those chances. On current reflection, I would have to say that Bats is probably the best bet for finishing those chances over Giroud and Morata.

5 hours ago, It's too big said:

Don't see anything wrong with that. If people told Lampard to not be so selfish, he wouldn't have been one of the best goal scoring midfielders. 

That's like saying Bats is anywhere near Lamps when it comes to intelligence in the footballing sense. Lamps had the vision to make shots when he felt it wouldnt fuck up our general play, Bats doesnt. 

• Like 2

Looks like he's staying. Will he be fine with being a cup player, though? Especially knowing he could go to a fairly big club and start every game?

12 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Agree that side of his game needs some serious coaching from Sarri. But he looked a lot more confident at Dortmund and a far better player as a result. Something as simple as Sarri's faith and confidence in him may bring a lot more out of him.

Also whilst we need him to be able to help with the build up play at times, it's far more important we have a striker willing to make the right runs off the defence and in the right positions to finish. The change in style should create more chances than we were creating last season and we need someone to finish those chances. On current reflection, I would have to say that Bats is probably the best bet for finishing those chances over Giroud and Morata.

It helped with Dortmund that they played a more attacking system but even then in some of his games i saw the flaws were so evident. While Bats is unquestionably the best finisher of the 3 his movement far out from goal is so horrific the whole team become easier to defend against as a result, even Morata at his absolute worst atleast gets the basics as far as that's concerned.

The Norwich home game in the FA Cup sums up Batshauyi for me, well taken goal but was also the main reason we couldn't sustain any serious attacks.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

It helped with Dortmund that they played a more attacking system but even then in some of his games i saw the flaws were so evident. While Bats is unquestionably the best finisher of the 3 his movement far out from goal is so horrific the whole team become easier to defend against as a result, even Morata at his absolute worst atleast gets the basics as far as that's concerned.

The Norwich home game in the FA Cup sums up Batshauyi for me, well taken goal but was also the main reason we couldn't sustain any serious attacks.

Yeah the hope under Sarri is by playing a high line and shortening the pitch, pinning teams back will result in creating more openings inside the penalty area - this is where he should be alive and thrive under this system.

The games against the bigger teams where we won't have things our own way as much I agree could be more of an issue. Again though that comes down partly to Sarri to coach what he wants him to do and partly Batshuayi to learn and develop. 

With no clear links to any strikers now Higuain seems Milan bound, he does seem our best chance of a player that could potentially push towards the 20 goal mark we desperately need.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Looks like he's staying. Will he be fine with being a cup player, though? Especially knowing he could go to a fairly big club and start every game?

Most definitely not. If he doesn't get game time he will be shipped out in January.

It's a little puzzling that he is still here. Surely he is behind both Giroud and Morata, so why keep him here and see his value reduced? Surely it would be better to send him out on loan to get game time, or sell him before his value takes a hit while he sits on the bench or even outside of our 18 man squad on match days.

• Like 1

Until we have atleast one World class CF we don`t need to be worrying about any of them getting enough minutes,fook all of them..fight for the place. it`s a position clearly up for grabs.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, Panic said:

Most definitely not. If he doesn't get game time he will be shipped out in January.

It's a little puzzling that he is still here. Surely he is behind both Giroud and Morata, so why keep him here and see his value reduced? Surely it would be better to send him out on loan to get game time, or sell him before his value takes a hit while he sits on the bench or even outside of our 18 man squad on match days.

It is really not puzzling, the striker position is up for grab and Sarri wants to see if any of them can make the position their own. it is a new system and a new manager, everyone gets a reset. 

33 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

It is really not puzzling, the striker position is up for grab and Sarri wants to see if any of them can make the position their own. it is a new system and a new manager, everyone gets a reset. 

My evaluation of the player is probably different from yours, because I don't think Batshuayi has what it takes to succeed here. As a result, I'm of the opinion that he will receive next to zero playing time. It makes sense why a coach would want him here, because of the increased competition, but it does not make sense from an ownership point of view.

Why? Because these aren't very young players on cheap wages, and the club has spent a significant amount of money on them. When one of the three fails, it's going to hurt the club. The value of the striker that falls to third choice is going to drop significantly. How many clubs are going to go after Batshuayi if he becomes a third choice striker? And for the clubs that do, what are they going to offer to secure his services? If Batshuayi does make it, either Giroud or Morata are going to be in the aforementioned situation. If it's Morata the club take a massive loss. If it's Giroud, it wouldn't be too significant, but let's be honest, he's not going to fall behind Batshuayi.

1 hour ago, Panic said:

My evaluation of the player is probably different from yours, because I don't think Batshuayi has what it takes to succeed here. As a result, I'm of the opinion that he will receive next to zero playing time. It makes sense why a coach would want him here, because of the increased competition, but it does not make sense from an ownership point of view.

Why? Because these aren't very young players on cheap wages, and the club has spent a significant amount of money on them. When one of the three fails, it's going to hurt the club. The value of the striker that falls to third choice is going to drop significantly. How many clubs are going to go after Batshuayi if he becomes a third choice striker? And for the clubs that do, what are they going to offer to secure his services? If Batshuayi does make it, either Giroud or Morata are going to be in the aforementioned situation. If it's Morata the club take a massive loss. If it's Giroud, it wouldn't be too significant, but let's be honest, he's not going to fall behind Batshuayi.

That is the thing your opinion is probably is a huge contrast from the club. If Sarri wants to keep him, they probably see him as a guy who could succeed.  

Unlike Morata, Bats actually has successfully led a team line. Morata has never done that, he was a SS and bench player at Juve. At Real he was primary the backup to Benzmea. 

Conte always wanted to sign Morata, he was his guy. So he was bought in by a guy who had complete confidence in him and gave him every chance to succed, and he still had mediocre season. Bats on the other hand was never really given an opportunity, he was immediately in the doghouse from the get go and tbf he was also backing Diego Costa one of the best in the world.

So i think Bats could be one who would really benefit from the new manager, and unlike Conte, Sarri actually prefers poachers. 

Personally i don't have high confidence of Morata or Batshuayi coming good. I think Morata has Torres esque mentality, while Bats lack the skills. But here is hoping Sarri can do his magic, imo he is one of the best at improving players. 

So he's currently our best finisher at the club. Poor at link up (probably due to his obvious selfish style of play) but maybe, just maybe sarri can improve his link up to get the best out of him.

I'm scrapping through the Chelsea players to see where goals are going to come from here....

1 hour ago, Clockwork said:

That is the thing your opinion is probably is a huge contrast from the club. If Sarri wants to keep him, they probably see him as a guy who could succeed.  

If the club evaluate him at a higher level, then either Morata or Giroud should go, as one of them is not going to get game time. This is the main reason why I find the striker position so puzzling. From a business perspective, the club is going to suffer from keeping all 3 at the club.

Unlike Morata, Bats actually has successfully led a team line. Morata has never done that, he was a SS and bench player at Juve. At Real he was primary the backup to Benzmea. 

Conte always wanted to sign Morata, he was his guy. So he was bought in by a guy who had complete confidence in him and gave him every chance to succed, and he still had mediocre season. Bats on the other hand was never really given an opportunity, he was immediately in the doghouse from the get go and tbf he was also backing Diego Costa one of the best in the world.

I'm not convinced by Morata either, but in his time here, he has shown glimpses of talent. With Batshuayi, he has demonstrated an inability to contribute to the team in any meaningful way. Batshuayi has a very weak hold up game, poor movement, and is extremely selfish. He does have talent, but he is a very raw player and needs games to put it together.

So i think Bats could be one who would really benefit from the new manager, and unlike Conte, Sarri actually prefers poachers.

This part of your post is extremely confusing. From what I have seen from Higuain and Mertens, neither can be accurately described as poachers in their time with Sarri.  In addition, every analysis video that I have watched indicates that Sarri's strikers are much more than poachers. If you have any videos, or something else that supports this statement, please feel free set me straight.

Personally i don't have high confidence of Morata or Batshuayi coming good. I think Morata has Torres esque mentality, while Bats lack the skills. But here is hoping Sarri can do his magic, imo he is one of the best at improving players. 

I can agree with most of this statement. I'm hoping Morata finds confidence and adapts to the physicality of the league, because if he does, he can be a good striker for us.

On 7/31/2018 at 5:28 PM, It's too big said:

If he scored as much as Lampard did no one would disagree. 

• Like 1