Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

4 hours ago, communicate said:

It sounds great but it never works. I have never seen teams playing one striker, having 2 really good striker up top with similar quality and can make it work more than 1 season. Can you give me any example ?

And having 2 STs with huge difference in quality works? After 1-2 seasons, we'll end up looking at getting replacement for the No.2 striker, which we might if Batshuayi continues to perform at this poor rate.

4 hours ago, communicate said:

If we signed Llorente michy will move maybe to everton on loan

Maybe, maybe not. In 2014/15 for instance, we had Costa, Remy and Drogba and that worked out fine, no? So, I don't see why we would loan out Batshuayi had we gotten Llorente. Think the latter, given his age, was more than happy to be playing the role Drogba did back then.

2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

The closest thing we've had to that here at CFC is Anelka and Drogba (that worked), and that's only because Nico played as a wide forward. On Anelka btw, I think he's a player that was born in the wrong generation, about a decade too early. He'd be very valued as a player right now. One of my favourite Chelsea players ever. 

Yup agree, anelka can play wide which can make it work and we also play with diamond midfield from time to time with two striker up top. 

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

And having 2 STs with huge difference in quality works? After 1-2 seasons, we'll end up looking at getting replacement for the No.2 striker, which we might if Batshuayi continues to perform at this poor rate.

Maybe, maybe not. In 2014/15 for instance, we had Costa, Remy and Drogba and that worked out fine, no? So, I don't see why we would loan out Batshuayi had we gotten Llorente. Think the latter, given his age, was more than happy to be playing the role Drogba did back then.

If you don't believe in michy then we should let him go.

It is not about whether Llorente is willing to play Drogba role, it is whether michy is willing to stay after that. Maybe one season, if we cannot move him, after that he will unhappy and want to move the next season and we are back to 2 strikers. 

And remy and way past his prime drogba are not even close to Diego in term quality.

On 12/09/2017 at 9:58 PM, Jason said:

Got the goal but didn't convince...again. Dodgy movement, passing was sloppy and fell over almost every time under the slightest bit of challenge. At this rate, we better pray Morata doesn't get injured.

Sadly this is true. In fact Qarabag's CF, Love, was quite a bit more effective.

20 minutes ago, communicate said:

It is not about whether Llorente is willing to play Drogba role, it is whether michy is willing to stay after that. Maybe one season, if we cannot move him, after that he will unhappy and want to move the next season and we are back to 2 strikers. 

If Llorente is made clear that he's the 3rd choice, would Batshuayi be unwilling to stay?

21 minutes ago, communicate said:

And remy and way past his prime drogba are not even close to Diego in term quality.

Yes but in this very particular point, you suggested having 3 strikers won't work. Hence why I gave the example.

20 hours ago, Jason said:

Does the price really matter? We were clearly after him but one reason or another, we didn't him.

I does matter IMO. If we were clearly after him why didn't we matched that 15 million offer?

6 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

I does matter IMO. If we were clearly after him why didn't we matched that 15 million offer?

Your guess is as good as mine. Remember the Lukaku saga? Went after him but didn't match the offer offered by United.

13 hours ago, nyikolajevics said:

I do think age played a part in it, the board are probably cautious of the squad's average age getting to old and leaving us with another massive rebuild job like it did at the turn of this decade.