Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

I watched the friendly Holland-Belgium and Lukaku...what a donkey. Misses 100% chances. Open goal...nope still misses. 

Michy has much more potential and if I were Conte, I played Michy against Boro because Diego is only one yellow removed from a suspension.

I love his personality but, if he hadn't originally come from Belgium and been a rising star per-say during that wankfest over the country's young players, he would have carried 0 hype when he went to Marseille and thus we would never have had him on our radar. I'm sure we bought him because of the player he was touted to be before, and not because of the player he was at Marseille. That's how our board works, very often going for original targets once they've moved to a club that's easier to buy from. 

I've never been a huge follower of the football in France but every season without fail I've given some decent attention to the top teams of the season, which Marseille were usually in the mix of. And, never, ever, at all, was I swayed towards thinking 'Hm, that Michy player seems good, let's check up on him some more.' 

That's in contrast to, let's say, Lacazette. I'm not saying he'd be the right player for us, but, he's at least been winning games all of his career. Michy...I doubt he ever scored a winning goal for Marseille.

He's been a Kalou type player before coming to us. Too much instinct to go forward to not play him in attack; not a great finisher at all, so you can't lead the line with him consistently. But then, unlike Kalou, he's not actually suited to the wing (yet, i have some faith) as an inside-forward, like Anelka also was. So he becomes a bench player, with hardly any value to offer other than fresh legs considering he is not clinical. 

I hope he comes good but yet again board, why why why? Why, when there were other players to choose from? There was never an opportunity for us to make money on this deal; so what did we expect from this? A dependable back-up? He's never been that before, why would he be now? How would he get a chance to grow into that player if we were to persist with our more expensive striker?

On 11/11/2016 at 9:41 AM, Leif said:

I love his personality but, if he hadn't originally come from Belgium and been a rising star per-say during that wankfest over the country's young players, he would have carried 0 hype when he went to Marseille and thus we would never have had him on our radar. I'm sure we bought him because of the player he was touted to be before, and not because of the player he was at Marseille. That's how our board works, very often going for original targets once they've moved to a club that's easier to buy from. 

If and buts. A lot of good talent coming out from Belgium - it's unfair to essentially suggest Michy is just here because of the reputation Belgium enjoys atm. He's carved an honest career for himself so far  

It would've been much easier and cheaper to buy him straight from Belgium...

On 11/11/2016 at 6:20 AM, the wes said:

The way things are looking Batshuayi could started against Boro I have faith in Batshuayi doing a good job against Boro 

I think its a shame the lads not had more game time. Theres been many chances for hm to come on. If not as a starter then when we are playing comfortable or in a lead..

I had visions of him and Diego up front or in a 3 with Eden like 3 striker!

But it seema tro mw he doesn't have Contes trust. I hope it changes.

But I love what he did to this guy. Supposedly a Blues fan! Twat!

Michy Batshuayi destroys Chelsea fan on Twitter after receiving a dig

http://www.givemesport.com/915982-michy-batshuayi-destroys-chelsea-fan-on-twitter-after-receiving-a-dig?autoplay=on

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

I think its a shame the lads not had more game time. Theres been many chances for hm to come on. If not as a starter then when we are playing comfortable or in a lead..

I had visions of him and Diego up front or in a 3 with Eden like 3 striker!

But it seema tro mw he doesn't have Contes trust. I hope it changes.

But I love what he did to this guy. Supposedly a Blues fan! Twat!

Michy Batshuayi destroys Chelsea fan on Twitter after receiving a dig

http://www.givemesport.com/915982-michy-batshuayi-destroys-chelsea-fan-on-twitter-after-receiving-a-dig?autoplay=on

I agree it is a shame but we can't have it both ways. I view him as i would our youth players. Conte is here to get us back into the top 4, without CL or the meaningless cup games squad rotation is at a minimum, Also with the way Costa is firing goals and the system we have deployed he just doesn't have a spot (at the moment)

Could Conte Sub him on more? Yes, I agree. But as long as we are winning and getting points on a weekly basis to achieve our end goal of CL qualification it is a slight i can overlook for the time being.

I have high hopes for Batman, i think he will do well here but for this year and at this moment he just doesnt have a place no fault of his own just circumstance.

5 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

I agree it is a shame but we can't have it both ways. I view him as i would our youth players. Conte is here to get us back into the top 4, without CL or the meaningless cup games squad rotation is at a minimum, Also with the way Costa is firing goals and the system we have deployed he just doesn't have a spot (at the moment)

Could Conte Sub him on more? Yes, I agree. But as long as we are winning and getting points on a weekly basis to achieve our end goal of CL qualification it is a slight i can overlook for the time being.

I have high hopes for Batman, i think he will do well here but for this year and at this moment he just doesnt have a place no fault of his own just circumstance.

I hear all you say and it was probably the most important thing Roman asked from him. But like I say theres been alot of times Costa could been rested amd Batman got some time. Cause theres gonna come a time very shortly when Diego has to sit it outr and everyones gonna forget about these times and start bitching and moaning about a £30 Mill + player looking rusty and WTF is he doing etc etc. (You know how fickle football supporters can be)

I just wonder IF Bats is one of the Dons purchases or the boards.

I agree 100% @Unionjack I find myself saying at 70' min mark up 3-0 saying ok Batman time, sit costa he has done his job. I dont believe Bats was a Conte buy, think about the timing right? Conte was middle of euros fully focused on Italy. I think he can BECOME a conte guy but its going to take alot of time and hopefully he is working hard in training like Chalobah/Aina and giving Conte a thought that he deserves more playing time.

One thing i do appreciate about Conte is when a player subs on i feel like Conte thinks he deserves the time, not just because he should.

Sooner or later Batman will get a full game due to costa suspension and lets hope he can bag a goal or two, I really enjoy him

1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Just scored two great goals for the U23's. There's a lot of talent there. He won't get a look in now but could develop into something special if given a successive run of games. 

Cracking two goals too 

On 11/14/2016 at 2:20 PM, Unionjack said:

Websites that automatically start playing videos with audio without any user input are the biggest abomination since the internet was created. Can't even "read" stories at work without being embarrassed. 

10 minutes ago, manpe said:

Websites that automatically start playing videos with audio without any user input are the biggest abomination since the internet was created. Can't even "read" stories at work without being embarrassed. 

I always have my PC at work on mute lol. For exactly the same reason.

I have a lot of confidence in Michy. If anything happens with Diego, I'm 100% sure he's a perfect stand-in. He has great potential I still rate him very highly. If Conte switches to his 3-5-2 "machine" Michy can play a vital part in it up front next to Diego (or another ST)