Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Michy Batshuayi

Special Juan
Followers 1

Definitely his best game for us.
Definitely not good that we're excited about a striker just doing the basics right, just like right after the Torres fiasco.

Ba was a more dangerous & effective player, but nobody would've taken prime Ba as our leading striker in these times. 

Bats will never be good enough to lead us, and it's nothing to do with the terrible man-management he suffered this season. He's simply not a goalscorer. He is part of the dying breed of Bergkamp wannabes. He isn't a winger, he isn't a midfielder, but his job is to assist & win free kicks. (He had crucial build-up play leading to our Willian freekick - that's what he's good at. And that's what Diego severely lacks.) Yet we don't ask for a player like that. We don't play that way. So it was lunacy from day 1 to be linked with him.

I think next season, Bats will be loaned out (a la Atsu) and we'll keep Costa. The club won't want 2 brand new faces up front for chemistry&marketing reasons, so someone has to be retained. And I've no doubt Conte to the board want a more reliable and ready-made bench option, so Bats just must be loaned out (our board, as arrogant as they are, never have the balls to sell a player after just a season, no matter how horrible.) 

I expect more or less the same next season, just with a better bench option, who scores plenty, but still doesn't get to start any games.:) 

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOOOOOL 

LMAO This just keeps getting better:   This is one of the best things that has ever happened on social media      

Over at Olympique Marseille during an interview he once confessed he sometimes couldn't sleep the night before game-day and then he'd often watch Spongebob episodes to calm his nerves. Fans that saw t

Posted Images

19 hours ago, Leif said:

Definitely his best game for us.
Definitely not good that we're excited about a striker just doing the basics right, just like right after the Torres fiasco.

Ba was a more dangerous & effective player, but nobody would've taken prime Ba as our leading striker in these times. 

Bats will never be good enough to lead us, and it's nothing to do with the terrible man-management he suffered this season. He's simply not a goalscorer. He is part of the dying breed of Bergkamp wannabes. He isn't a winger, he isn't a midfielder, but his job is to assist & win free kicks. (He had crucial build-up play leading to our Willian freekick - that's what he's good at. And that's what Diego severely lacks.) Yet we don't ask for a player like that. We don't play that way. So it was lunacy from day 1 to be linked with him.

I think next season, Bats will be loaned out (a la Atsu) and we'll keep Costa. The club won't want 2 brand new faces up front for chemistry&marketing reasons, so someone has to be retained. And I've no doubt Conte to the board want a more reliable and ready-made bench option, so Bats just must be loaned out (our board, as arrogant as they are, never have the balls to sell a player after just a season, no matter how horrible.) 

I expect more or less the same next season, just with a better bench option, who scores plenty, but still doesn't get to start any games.:) 

He is totally not a goalscorer indeed. 7 goals for us in 664 minutes, which is 1 per 94,86 minutes or 1 per full game. Last season he scored 23 goals for Marseille by accident. It's clear that you have discovered his main lack.

And he also had plenty of chances here to show his worth for us, he just sucked too much in all those games. Indeed, I agree with you analyse that he can never be our main striker. Solid reasoning!

• Like 2
48 minutes ago, MCM4PR3Z said:

He is totally not a goalscorer indeed. 7 goals for us in 664 minutes, which is 1 per 94,86 minutes or 1 per full game. Last season he scored 23 goals for Marseille by accident. It's clear that you have discovered his main lack.

And he also had plenty of chances here to show his worth for us, he just sucked too much in all those games. Indeed, I agree with you analyse that he can never be our main striker. Solid reasoning!

With that logic you must believe Iago Aspas is a 'goalscorer' too when you look at this season's stats. It's relative. I'm sure Bats could be a goalscorer in China, France, and the League Cup, just like Balotelli is. In the Premier League? Against the big boys? He is no goalscorer. Which is fine. We have a good creator here and that's what I've said from day 1 - along with, don't expect a prolific player, at all.

Stats are the worst & most trivial thing to bring up if you disagree. Stats have some of the most average players in Europe being put in the same class as the elite, when on the field, they're nowhere near their team's most important player. Neither do the stats reflect a player's best role & qualities. If they did, Alli would be a striker.

Plus it's not like he scored 23 goals from open play in a competitive league. It's easy to bulk up numbers with penalties against shit teams (he was their PK taker) which, when accounted for, means he averaged an open-play goal around every 3 games, which is pathetic for the French league compared to his peers.

Even Gomis at Marseille has the same amount of open play goals this season that Bats did, and that's with more games to come still. 
that must mean he's a good goalscorer, let's sign him!

In reality, nobody in their right mind would called Gomis a goalscorer. He's a French Andy Carroll experiencing a purple patch.

Ask people who've watched him who this player is, not the stats. Go on a Marseille forum, watch old Marseille clips, look at our current games when Bats plays. Scoring goals doesn't make someone 'a goalscorer'. If it did, Ribery would be considered a goalscorer and not a creator - which isn't the case.
In fact, if scoring a handful of goals during a purple patch makes you a 'goalscorer', sprinting to the shop a handful of times makes you a 'sprinter'.:P

• Like 2

So even if he scores 40 goals in a season, he can never be a goalscorer. And stats can never prove that somebody can score goals. In fact, stats can never prove anything. Only random quotes which go against every possible statistic from an anonimous forum user can be taken serious. Ok, too solid reasoning for me indeed.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Leif said:

With that logic you must believe Iago Aspas is a 'goalscorer' too when you look at this season's stats. It's relative. I'm sure Bats could be a goalscorer in China, France, and the League Cup, just like Balotelli is. In the Premier League? Against the big boys? He is no goalscorer. Which is fine. We have a good creator here and that's what I've said from day 1 - along with, don't expect a prolific player, at all.

Stats are the worst & most trivial thing to bring up if you disagree. Stats have some of the most average players in Europe being put in the same class as the elite, when on the field, they're nowhere near their team's most important player. Neither do the stats reflect a player's best role & qualities. If they did, Alli would be a striker.

Plus it's not like he scored 23 goals from open play in a competitive league. It's easy to bulk up numbers with penalties against shit teams (he was their PK taker) which, when accounted for, means he averaged an open-play goal around every 3 games, which is pathetic for the French league compared to his peers.

Even Gomis at Marseille has the same amount of open play goals this season that Bats did, and that's with more games to come still. 
that must mean he's a good goalscorer, let's sign him!

In reality, nobody in their right mind would called Gomis a goalscorer. He's a French Andy Carroll experiencing a purple patch.

Ask people who've watched him who this player is, not the stats. Go on a Marseille forum, watch old Marseille clips, look at our current games when Bats plays. Scoring goals doesn't make someone 'a goalscorer'. If it did, Ribery would be considered a goalscorer and not a creator - which isn't the case.
In fact, if scoring a handful of goals during a purple patch makes you a 'goalscorer', sprinting to the shop a handful of times makes you a 'sprinter'.:P

Marseille are a completely different proposition this season. 

• 3 weeks later...

£33m well spent lol :P thanks Batsman for clinching us the title I hope conte rewards Michy by letting him play the last two games of the season 

• Like 3

So happy he was the one to win the title. Has hardly played and been dismissed by most, but he delivered when we needed him most.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Amblève. said:

A former Marseille-striker scoring when it matters and getting the title-clinching goal? It was written in the stars :Goober:

Don't forget the goal was set up by a former Marseille defender too!

• Like 3

Hope this means we'll get to see him play the last two. Every time I've watched him, I've liked the dynamic style of play he brings, but we never get to see him long enough on the field. He is quick, strong, agile, and seems good on the ball. I want to see him play two full games out there.

• Like 4