Followers 1

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LOOOOOL 

LMAO This just keeps getting better:   This is one of the best things that has ever happened on social media      

Over at Olympique Marseille during an interview he once confessed he sometimes couldn't sleep the night before game-day and then he'd often watch Spongebob episodes to calm his nerves. Fans that saw t

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

I agree it is a shame but we can't have it both ways. I view him as i would our youth players. Conte is here to get us back into the top 4, without CL or the meaningless cup games squad rotation is at a minimum, Also with the way Costa is firing goals and the system we have deployed he just doesn't have a spot (at the moment)

Could Conte Sub him on more? Yes, I agree. But as long as we are winning and getting points on a weekly basis to achieve our end goal of CL qualification it is a slight i can overlook for the time being.

I have high hopes for Batman, i think he will do well here but for this year and at this moment he just doesnt have a place no fault of his own just circumstance.

I hear all you say and it was probably the most important thing Roman asked from him. But like I say theres been alot of times Costa could been rested amd Batman got some time. Cause theres gonna come a time very shortly when Diego has to sit it outr and everyones gonna forget about these times and start bitching and moaning about a £30 Mill + player looking rusty and WTF is he doing etc etc. (You know how fickle football supporters can be)

I just wonder IF Bats is one of the Dons purchases or the boards.

• Like 1

I agree 100% @Unionjack I find myself saying at 70' min mark up 3-0 saying ok Batman time, sit costa he has done his job. I dont believe Bats was a Conte buy, think about the timing right? Conte was middle of euros fully focused on Italy. I think he can BECOME a conte guy but its going to take alot of time and hopefully he is working hard in training like Chalobah/Aina and giving Conte a thought that he deserves more playing time.

One thing i do appreciate about Conte is when a player subs on i feel like Conte thinks he deserves the time, not just because he should.

Sooner or later Batman will get a full game due to costa suspension and lets hope he can bag a goal or two, I really enjoy him

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Just scored two great goals for the U23's. There's a lot of talent there. He won't get a look in now but could develop into something special if given a successive run of games. 

Cracking two goals too 

• Like 1
On 11/14/2016 at 2:20 PM, Unionjack said:

Websites that automatically start playing videos with audio without any user input are the biggest abomination since the internet was created. Can't even "read" stories at work without being embarrassed. 

• Like 3
10 minutes ago, manpe said:

Websites that automatically start playing videos with audio without any user input are the biggest abomination since the internet was created. Can't even "read" stories at work without being embarrassed. 

I always have my PC at work on mute lol. For exactly the same reason.

I have a lot of confidence in Michy. If anything happens with Diego, I'm 100% sure he's a perfect stand-in. He has great potential I still rate him very highly. If Conte switches to his 3-5-2 "machine" Michy can play a vital part in it up front next to Diego (or another ST) 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Pretty much like Drogba there...defender was struggling to hold him back!

Well I mean he was facing a development side u23 :lol:, you'd bloody hope he'd do something there.

13 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Pretty much like Drogba there...defender was struggling to hold him back!

And any guesses who was wearing no.4 and giving the assist?

Hoping he would have the same success among these type of legends.Otherwise,tonight in the Montreal Stadium I would go see the King

4 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

Well I mean he was facing a development side u23 :lol:, you'd bloody hope he'd do something there.

Funny thing he wasn't even overaged player.

Michy is serious talent but it's hard for him. Diego Costa can control himself well and as Conte said you don't want to lose his personality and drive and sub him off. I don't know if you realise this but Michy played grand total of 75 minutes (!!!) in the league this season. Less than a full game in 3 months. Conte has to find a way to play him more.

Another thing that even though Chelsea spend 40m€ on him and he's played 75 minutes in the league so far, he's already better than Remy or Ba. For a start he's always ready. Yet to have an injury in his carrer according to transfermarkt.

Did anyone watch the u23 game? Michy scored two great goals but his overall performance was pretty bad. Really needs to work on his reaction time and anticipation. Also his off the ball movement is quite poor for a striker. He must improve on these things. 

19 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Michy is serious talent but it's hard for him. Diego Costa can control himself well and as Conte said you don't want to lose his personality and drive and sub him off. I don't know if you realise this but Michy played grand total of 75 minutes (!!!) in the league this season. Less than a full game in 3 months. Conte has to find a way to play him more.

Another thing that even though Chelsea spend 40m€ on him and he's played 75 minutes in the league so far, he's already better than Remy or Ba. For a start he's always ready. Yet to have an injury in his carrer according to transfermarkt.

U23 are not even talents anymore. Not in right sense anyway. 

21 is last "talent" for me. After that AGE, you either start playing for regulars or you are not good enough. Sure there are late bloomers or special cases but they are more exception than rule. 

20 hours ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

I disagree and will stand by the opinion that both Ba & Remy are 2 of the best strikers we've had under Roman. Both are leagues ahead of Michy. Both are born to score. Michy is not. Michy is really born to assist.

Imagine your team being slayed by a guy who wears a full Spongebob get-up and smiles even more than Luiz. Unfortunately it just doesn't happen. This soft-hearted, lovable guy will never be a 'keep your head down and score lots of goals' type. It's not that his personality holds him back, but it limits his potential opportunities since he'll no doubt be seen as a 'boy' still by others in control. You need your main striker at a top club to be someone you look up to. Our players would never, ever look up to him. See him as an equal, I'm sure they will, but never will they treat him with awe and respect on the level of anyone else leading the line for a top club currently. This story already writes itself. I wonder who we'll sell him to.

(None of that would be relevant if he was a reliable supersub, but he isn't. At Marseille he wasn't and here he doesn't seem to be.)

1 hour ago, Leif said:

Imagine your team being slayed by a guy who wears a full Spongebob get-up and smiles even more than Luiz. Unfortunately it just doesn't happen. This soft-hearted, lovable guy will never be a 'keep your head down and score lots of goals' type. It's not that his personality holds him back, but it limits his potential opportunities since he'll no doubt be seen as a 'boy' still by others in control. You need your main striker at a top club to be someone you look up to. Our players would never, ever look up to him. See him as an equal, I'm sure they will, but never will they treat him with awe and respect on the level of anyone else leading the line for a top club currently. This story already writes itself. I wonder who we'll sell him to.

Hide contents

(None of that would be relevant if he was a reliable supersub, but he isn't. At Marseille he wasn't and here he doesn't seem to be.)

He was a fan favourite at Marseille, the only thing holding him back here is Diego Costa.

• Like 1