Michy Batshuayi

Hamilton

Batshuayi can use both feet and his dribbling ability has left defences all over France in tatters. He may be only 5ft 11in, but he possesses the upper-body strength to win physical battles with centre-halves. His style has drawn comparisons with another Stade Velodrome and Chelsea favourite - Didier Drogba.

The Belgium international ghosts in behind unsuspecting backlines and his ability to bring others into play makes him the ideal focal point up top.

21 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Loose ends to tie up hopefully, maybe announced tomorrow.

I'd imagine so. Medical quite obviously done. Fee done.  Knowing us though we will announce it on the website after the Euros, so they can upload his first interview with ChelseaTV at the same time

Somewhat surprising move but it was time we literally paid the piper after all the great business we've done done in the last 3 years. It seems like a lot of money to pay, Batshuayi is not really a proven player but when you have Liverpool signing Europa league level players like Mane for £34 million, it doesn't sound that bad. 

Hopefully, Wilmots does the sensible thing and starts him vs Wales. He at least has the technical ability to play with Hazard and De Bruyne. 

We waste so much money on these middling players. Hopefully it doesn't turn out like Willian. 30m+ for someone with 'potential'. We probably weren't even interested until the last day when his agent started calling everyone because Marseille had a fire sale going on and we thought we'd rather buy him than have him go to Tottenham like we did with Willian. Explains how there were no rumours linking him with us until the day the transfer was announced. I hope I'm wrong but I'm pretty confident this is going to be another mediocre signing. 

Watch all of batshuayi goals from last season he seems like a Fox in the box 22 of his goals were inside the box and one was on the edge of the box that's the type of a striker I like :D a striker that knows were the net is :)

8 minutes ago, the wes said:

Watch all of batshuayi goals from last season he seems like a Fox in the box 22 of his goals were inside the box and one was on the edge of the box that's the type of a striker I like :D a striker that knows were the net is :)

We definitely need more clinical finishing up front!! :)  Will be interesting to see how Conte uses him & Costa.

Watch all of batshuayi goals from last season he seems like a Fox in the box 22 of his goals were inside the box and one was on the edge of the box that's the type of a striker I like [emoji3] a striker that knows were the net is [emoji4]

He does know where the back of the net is for sure, but needs to be more clinical. Was wasteful at times last season (especially in Europe), so hopefully that's a part that improves during the first few months here.

Off topic but WTH is going on with Willian ? Seems like every other thread I open holds a post or two were people are slagging him off and saying he ain't good enough. 

Dude is top 5 in the PL for chances created and has been by a countrymile our player of the year ( in a ridiculous season, sure, which could have been even more historic had it not been for that guy in the first couple of months ). 

I just don't get it, he might just never win with you guys. 

24 minutes ago, Adnane said:

Off topic but WTH is going on with Willian ? Seems like every other thread I open holds a post or two were people are slagging him off and saying he ain't good enough. 

Dude is top 5 in the PL for chances created and has been by a countrymile our player of the year ( in a ridiculous season, sure, which could have been even more historic had it not been for that guy in the first couple of months ). 

Weird isn't it? Same was going on a couple of months ago with Azpi. If any of those two would leave, it's fair to say I wouldn't take it too well. Even less than with any other player currently in our roster. 

1 hour ago, Adnane said:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/11986595/Premier-Leagues-top-10-creators-in-201516-according-to-the-statistics.html?frame=3496919

Willian isn't even in the top 10 for 'chances created'...not sure where your getting your statistics from. 

13 hours ago, the wes said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dnLyLATF1o

all off batsman goals from last season

Wow! What a collection of finishes. There are very few ordinary or lucky goals there. Most are absolutely brilliant for one reason or another. In many cases he finishes not just with power but with precision, sometimes it's great body control or body strength, sometimes quick reactions like with #2 where he adjusts to the late deflection.

Massively impressive goal scoring from the lad.

12 hours ago, LAM09 said:

He does know where the back of the net is for sure, but needs to be more clinical. Was wasteful at times last season (especially in Europe), so hopefully that's a part that improves during the first few months here.

Thank you. A useful reminder that if you watch the goals you are only seeing the finishes that worked out. :)

6 hours ago, the wes said:

Well!!! ... Food for thought - Do our players know where the striker is? :P