Chelsea Sign Deco

Chelsea have completed the signing of Barcelona playmaker Deco for a reported fee of £7.9million.

It is understood Deco has agreed a two-year deal in West London and that he will cost Chelsea a fee in the region of 10million euros (£7.9m).

The 30-year-old becomes new manager Luiz Felipe Scolari's first signing, despite the fact that the Brazilian does not officially take over at Stamford Bridge until Tuesday.

A statement on Chelsea's official website said: "Chelsea football club is delighted to confirm the signing of Deco from FC Barcelona."

Scolari reunion

Summer speculation consistently linked Deco with a move to Chelsea and the arrival of Scolari stoked the rumours.

Former Portugal boss Scolari coached Deco, who impressed at Euro 2008, at international level and it was thought that both parties were keen for a reunion.

The Blues could view Deco as a possible replacement for Frank Lampard, who is being strongly linked with a move to Internazionale.

And Deco is looking forward to the challenge of overhauling Manchester United in the Premier League and UEFA Champions League after Chelsea finished runners-up to the Red Devils in both competitions last season.

Challenge

"I am sure I have come at the right to do great things and be able to help Chelsea go back to the way it was," Deco told Chelsea TV.

"The Premier League is a great league and it is getting better and you can see that with the Champions League final, where you had two English teams.

"It is great that we have so many great players here at Chelsea and it is great that there is the competition which is healthy for everybody and this just makes the team better.

"To have great players in any position of the club just enhances the club. I know it is a new challenge but I am looking forward to it.

"I know I need a little bit of time to adapt, but I am sure I will adapt quite well and quite fast and do my best for the team."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thats a STEAL!!!!...Deco for 7 odd million pounds when there were rumours of a 10 million, 13 or 15 million pound deal

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great deal and hes still a fantastic creative player. I was against the idea but seeing his performances at Euro2008 i'm actually very happy indeed. we finally have a creative midfield playmaker. Only problem is who hes gonna replace, bad news is it seems like Frank is soon to be a gonna. Anyway, this aint about Lampard, this is bout Deco and i'm (probs unlike most) happy we have him.

My only problem is, who the hell is gonna make up for the 80% of Chelsea goals that come from Drogba and Lampard if we sell them both.

And I wonder how Deco and Terry will face each other at the training ground after their confrontation in Nou Camp, 2 yrs back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNZ9-KZ7pNo

My only problem is, who the hell is gonna make up for the 80% of Chelsea goals that come from Drogba and Lampard if we sell them both.

And I wonder how Deco and Terry will face each other at the training ground after their confrontation in Nou Camp, 2 yrs back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNZ9-KZ7pNo

The reason Lampard and Drogba scored 80% of our goals is because we played through them. Lampard supplied and scored, Drogba supplied and scored. It wasn't pretty at times, but it worked.

Now we are going to have to change our style if we are going to lose these players, as they are the best of their kind and they cannot be replaced in that system. This is why we have signed Deco, a talented playmaker also a cut price. Good signing in my opinion.

My other problem besides that is that Deco is(was) a diving cunt (promise, last time I use this term).. Like when Terry hit him, he was before like "Oh I'm dying" and then all of a sudden he's up.

Most players are like that these days unfortunately.

And most of those players happen to be from South-America, Italy or Portugal. Never seen Lampsy dive (maybe once, when he got carded for it)... But Deco has been mentored by Christina Wankonaldo (or vice-versa, Wanko was tutored by him ?)

atm i'm not convinced we should of signed him.

30 year old.. past his prime. My main worry is Lampard will now leave and Deco is his replacement.

A 20+ goalscoring midfielder for a playmaker.. I just hope he can make the goals we need.

I hope he proves me wrong and he turns out to be a very good signing.

atm i'm not convinced we should of signed him.

30 year old.. past his prime. My main worry is Lampard will now leave and Deco is his replacement.

A 20+ goalscoring midfielder for a playmaker.. I just hope he can make the goals we need.

I hope he proves me wrong and he turns out to be a very good signing.

Same here. The fuss about Drogba has cooled though, it seems that he's staying after all. So we'll have one goal machine intact, but his partnership with Lampsy was instinctive. But imagine the midfield - Deco, Lamps, Ballack/Essien ... it would be immense :P Although I'm pretty sure we'll have Deco, Ballack and Essien now (doesn't sound so bad :P)

I think the price is fair for his age. I'd still love to see Kaka come, imagine this Deco, Ballack, Kaka, Essien. Wow! Also like to see Villa come to pair with Drogba in a 4-4-2 or if he can play a winger/striker in a 4-3-3.

2 year contract for a club Legend ffs,where is the club going with this policy? Why don't we sell JT for the higher bidder since moral is not important no more.He deserves a better contract.

As for Kaka..........for the love of god the man is not coming at any price open your eyes.

And one more thing...Deco will [you]NEVER[/you] replace Lampard.