Kalidou Koulibaly

the wes

Chelsea warn Napoli that they will NOT increase their offer for Kalidou Koulibaly. (Telegraph) #CFC #Napoli

Chelsea are now actively pursuing alternatives in case the Italian club refuse to let Koulibaly go (Telegraph) #CFC #Napoli

That could open the door for a £25m Chelsea bid for #Torino defender Nikola Maksimovic, who is also wanted by #Napoli (Telegraph) #CFC

#CFC's last offer is understood to have been ~£40m & have informed #Napoli they are unwilling to significantly increase that bid (Telegraph)

#Napoli want Koulibaly to sign a new contract, but it is understood the player would prefer to move to #CFC this month (Telegraph)

2 minutes ago, Eidur the Spider said:

Chelsea warn Napoli that they will NOT increase their offer for Kalidou Koulibaly. (Telegraph) #CFC #Napoli

Chelsea are now actively pursuing alternatives in case the Italian club refuse to let Koulibaly go (Telegraph) #CFC #Napoli

That could open the door for a £25m Chelsea bid for #Torino defender Nikola Maksimovic, who is also wanted by #Napoli (Telegraph) #CFC

#CFC's last offer is understood to have been ~£40m & have informed #Napoli they are unwilling to significantly increase that bid (Telegraph)

#Napoli want Koulibaly to sign a new contract, but it is understood the player would prefer to move to #CFC this month (Telegraph)

Beat me to those quotes by a minute or so. Fuck you, bro! <_< :P

1 minute ago, It's too big said:

Beat me to those quotes by a minute or so. Fuck you, bro! <_< :P

Haha in fairness I always get beaten by @xPetrCechx so it's nice to be on the other side of it for once! :D:P

Pescara - Napoli highlights

For those who want to see. 

Koulibaly, in my view, responsible for both goals. First, he loses his man out of sight. Second Pescara goal, he tries to do an N'Golo and steal the ball but it doesn't really work...

38 minutes ago, RuudiGullit said:

Pescara - Napoli highlights

For those who want to see. 

Koulibaly, in my view, responsible for both goals. First, he loses his man out of sight. Second Pescara goal, he tries to do an N'Golo and steal the ball but it doesn't really work...

Its all connected with this saga. Journalists in Italy attack him last night because he's head is somewhere else. They sent him a message to fix it or go to Chelsea.

Short version:

Vincenzo Morabito, the FIFA agent for the CRC Napoli radio said that even if Chelsea FC arrived to 60m figure SSC Napoli asked for, problems between Maksimovic and Napoli made Koulibaly into a position to extend his contract with possibility to be sold next year if someone pay his clause......

Maybe, if Napoli buy Maksimovic somethings change but right now Koulibaly going nowhere.

image.jpeg

On 20 August 2016 at 11:55 AM, Jype said:

€2 million a year net salary, before taxes that's almost 100K a week and I doubt he'd get much more than that at Chelsea either. Most new signings at Chelsea get around £80K a week at first and more if they extend couple years in.

Either way the wage is not the issue here, it's Napoli's unwilligness to sell. With the pay raise they have convinced Koulibaly to stay another year without making a fuss and most likely promised to let him go next year if he wants and a good enough offer comes in.

Oh well, time to move on it seems. Cheeky bid for Jose Fonte as a stopgap till next summer?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I agree with you that wages are not the sole factor, but they must be an important consideration in this affair. I say that because it's not hard to imagine that the desire to increase his earnings is one of Koulibali's motivations in wanting to leave Napoli, if indeed he does want to leave.

Neither you nor I  have the first clue what most players are paid when first joining Chelsea. It is clear however that all contracts are negotiated on an individual basis. The economics of the Premier League, and the value of Roman's support, if he chooses to give it, mean that  Chelsea can make an offer which Napoli can't match.

€2 million per year, net,  earned in Italy, is a good deal less than €100,000 per week. In fact, it's less than €90,000 per week. We can be sure that Koulibaly would demand a significant increase over and above Napoli's offer, to join The Blues.

Napoli hold the player's registration, and that is always an ace  but it is certainly not the only card  in the deck. If Koulibaly does not  blink, if he refuses to sign a new contract, then Napoli have a serious decision to make. Do they hold onto the player and risk his value being damaged by the vagaries of form, and a potential loss of interest from buying clubs who may very well have filled their needs elsewhere by then? It's easy to say that they don't need the money currently, but it's less easy for them to face the prospect of having to sell the player next summer anyway but potentially for a great deal less money. It's a game all sides have to play and an ace, even the ace of trumps, does not always guarantee that you will win.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You