Kalidou Koulibaly

the wes

3 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Koulibaly has got the stones saga part 2 written all over it.

If he's the player the manager wants, we should pay the fee. It's not like the club can't afford it.

pay "what fee"? we're rumored to be bidding between 50-60M pounds already... they don't have a set fee at which they'll let him go, they're trying to hold on to him from what's being reported

2 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

pay "what fee"? we're rumored to be bidding between 50-60M pounds already... they don't have a set fee at which they'll let him go, they're trying to hold on to him from what's being reported

Well then the club should ask how much they want, if they haven't done that -how fucking amateur.

You don't go in a shop and say '' Ive no idea how much those trousers are, but I'll give you twenty quid''

Either shit or get off the fucking pot

4 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Well then the club should ask how much they want, if they haven't done that -how fucking amateur.

You don't go in a shop and say '' Ive no idea how much those trousers are, but I'll give you twenty quid''

yeah except it's not that easy in reality when you're trying to buy a player that the player's club does not want to sell. We are operating under the idea that eventually they'll cave if we propose enough money. The problem is that according to various reports, we have been offering more and more money (reportedly up to 60M pounds) and as of now De Laurentis and Napoli have stood firm and said no. Whether they are cunning, knowing we are desperate and will keep upping our bids, or simply want to keep the player because he is important for them, is anyone's guess.

But to suggest the club isn't offering enough in this case is off the mark if reports are to be believed (the ones claiming we are offering between 50-60M pounds for him). The club are actually going above and beyond what we, as fans, would expect from them (i.e. bidding world record sums for a defender who's only recently started attracting attention for his play in the last year). It's not my money so if the club think they can afford to bid 60M pounds on defenders, more power to them... just hope it works and we get him

2 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

You're analogy doesn't work. It implies Napoli have a reason/ need to sell. Big(ish) clubs aren't shops they don't need to put price tags on players because they know clubs get desperate & end up throwing stupid money at them. 

At the start of the window they could of thought £40m was a fair price but why would they tell interested clubs that and potentially miss out on £10m+?

3 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

yeah except it's not that easy in reality when you're trying to buy a player that the player's club does not want to sell. We are operating under the idea that eventually they'll cave if we propose enough money. The problem is that according to various reports, we have been offering more and more money (reportedly up to 60M pounds) and as of now De Laurentis and Napoli have stood firm and said no. Whether they are cunning, knowing we are desperate and will keep upping our bids, or simply want to keep the player because he is important for them, is anyone's guess.

But to suggest the club isn't offering enough in this case is off the mark if reports are to be believed (the ones claiming we are offering between 50-60M pounds for him). The club are actually going above and beyond what we, as fans, would expect from them (i.e. bidding world record sums for a defender who's only recently started attracting attention for his play in the last year). It's not my money so if the club think they can afford to bid 60M pounds on defenders, more power to them... just hope it works and we get him

Yeah its Stones volume 2. If Man City were after him they would have got him 3 months ago.

still think we need a full back, preferably LB more than we need a CB. As branna could then be one of the 4 CB's in his favoured position and zouma to come back from injury. Obviously a full back and cb would be ideal.

4 minutes ago, Diego said:

You're analogy doesn't work. It implies Napoli have a reason/ need to sell. Big(ish) clubs aren't shops they don't need to put price tags on players because they know clubs get desperate & end up throwing stupid money at them. 

At the start of the window they could of thought £40m was a fair price but why would they tell interested clubs that and potentially miss out on £10m+?

It comes down to how much we want a player, and if the board are going to pursue players without price tags, have a plan B, C , D, E, and F.

9 hours ago, Roquila said:

60M is fucking insane.... I would get slim, teach myself how to play football, fucking bulk up, become world class at every position that was ever invented. 

For 100k.

If you believe it's that easy, well then just do it! You'll earn a lot more than 100k :P

Koulibaly is certainly not worth 60 million pounds, but do we have an option? Pogba and Higuain aren´t worth their price tags too, not to mention a handful of other players who went for crazy prices in this inflated transfer market. Another season with JT/Cahill partnering Zouma could end with another top 4 finish, which would be a disaster for Chelsea. 

I read that Napoli want to buy another defender alongside Maksimovic, that Lindelof guy. Di Marzio also posted that they want some defender from Hoffenheim, the left-back. Can only hope that Chelsea buy Ghoulam off them as well. But in reality Chelsea fund them 2 defenders for 1.

Its odd that players signed by the board, (Baba, Papy, Hector) are no longer at the club. To suggest these players were used to manoeuvre the previous manager away from the club must of course be ridiculous.

That reminds me, how long did Sidwell, Pizarro and Tal Ben Haim last once the board had made their next appointment?

Of course, I'm sure I'm wrong.

Time to move on. Besides what's the harm in Zouma coming back, Brana for emergency purposes and if it gets real bad there's Fikayo Tomori if he hasn't already been loaned out. I say this because there's a certain Andreas Christensen who looks the part and it's my preference he lines up next to Zouma next year when his 2 year loan deal is up. My real concern this transfer window lies with full back depth.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You