Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

9. Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed
Followers 6

9 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

That's fair enough, Tammy is entitled to negotiate the best deal he can get. I hope however that the club won't allow itself to overspend on the wages of our youngsters just because they are our youngsters. Pay them what they're worth for sure, but we still have to use the budget wisely.

If we didnt give Callum a massive deal this wouldnt be happening. The fact hes our top scorer too doesnt help but mainly the predicent we set with CHOs deal is coming back to bite us already.

1 hour ago, Atomiswave said:

He rejected it? What for? Im sure its a decent contract.....hes crazy if he thinks we will just hand him a super deal already.

Hes our top scorer. Has done more than Callum has so he obviously thinks he deserves more cash and quite rightfully so as mentioned above, CHO contract coming back to bite us.

• Like 2
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we need to sign Jesus Navas and we will have some holy squad

I thought he was sensational today, couldn't help but smile when he scored the opener. If he can carry this on and we get our new striker signing right we could wind up with our best pair of forw

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

If we didnt give Callum a massive deal this wouldnt be happening. The fact hes our top scorer too doesnt help but mainly the predicent we set with CHOs deal is coming back to bite us already.

Hes our top scorer. Has done more than Callum has so he obviously thinks he deserves more cash and quite rightfully so as mentioned above, CHO contract coming back to bite us.

That is genuinely just conjecture 

30 minutes ago, MoroccanBlue said:

That is genuinely just conjecture 

Maybe it is but hes playing regularly here and our top scorer so I doubt concerns over a lack of playing time is the issue. The club and manager also want to renew him so again, that cant be the issue. Its not as if the wages we gave CHO in his new contract isnt a very plausible reason, is it? Especially when its been reported for a while that he wants parity with our other players, although the only name that has been dropped in any article Ive seen since the start of the season has been Callums and his 150,000 or 180,000 a week wages.

Tammy will not be the only one either in the future to do so 100% and if it isnt the issue with Tammy, it is still a dangerous situation for the club moving forward as there will inevitably be other guys wanting new deals in the future on similar pay packets with similar apperances to Callum when he renewed.

Hopefully the club can resolve the situation and renew Tammys contract soon.

2 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yeah but come'on, still so young and still not exactly consistent, he shold have taken it and do his best....then a fatter contract would come his way. But I agree Marina should not have offered that much to Cho for example. I dont what the wages is on but I doubt he would get much better elsewhere atm.

• Like 1

Sell him as soon as we have a replacement. We know he will never be good enough. He is still young and might improve so i would rather keep him but the club should not be held to ransom. The CHO deal should remain a one off.

He still has 2 yrs left so he should fetch full market value at least 55m being English and homegrown. I see too much of Lukaku in him who is still the exact same player he was at 23. 

he will be a decent striker no doubt, score plenty of goals esp in clusters vs poor teams but he will never be an absolute worldie good enough to lead our line.

• Like 1
On 08/03/2020 at 2:34 PM, OneMoSalah said:

Hudson Odoi is on 120k a week basic, it really isn't that big a deal all things considered.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Hudson Odoi is on 120k a week basic, it really isn't that big a deal all things considered.

120k after maybe 25 or 30 career appearances though? Riddled with consistency issues bar the Europa League? Still a big deal I'd say.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

120k after maybe 25 or 30 career appearances though? Riddled with consistency issues bar the Europa League? Still a big deal I'd say.

He has elite potential and was subject to a £35m bid from Bayern Munich, that type of stuff (not to mention our insistence we learned from the De Bruyne situation) was always going to give him leverage. Infact the fact Bayern would have paid him that if we didn't took all our leverage away full stop.

Take a look at Jude Bellingham for example, one season at Birmingham he's commanding £50m and 100k a week (alleged price United are paying). This they have to clean boots and earn the pay rise narrative is nice and romantic and all but just simply not realistic to the state of play in 2020.

If we want to keep elite prospects we have to pay up or someone else will do it for us.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Tomo said:

He has elite potential and was subject to a £35m bid from Bayern Munich, that type of stuff (not to mention our insistence we learned from the De Bruyne situation) was always going to give him leverage. Infact the fact Bayern would have paid him that if we didn't took all our leverage away full stop.

Take a look at Jude Bellingham for example, one season at Birmingham he's commanding £50m and 100k a week (alleged price United are paying). This they have to clean boots and earn the pay rise narrative is nice and romantic and all but just simply not realistic to the state of play in 2020.

If we want to keep elite prospects we have to pay up or someone else will do it for us.

Scenes if CHO doesn't turn out to be as good as people expect...

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Scenes if CHO doesn't turn out to be as good as people expect...

Probably not half as bad as if we let him go because he "wanted too much" only to see him furfil his potential at Bayern or worse a top six rival.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Probably not half as bad as if we let him go because he "wanted too much" only to see him furfil his potential at Bayern or worse a top six rival.

That's still an 'IF' situation. 

5 minutes ago, Jason said:

That's still an 'IF' situation. 

So is your scenario

Callum was one of the star men of the most dominant academy team since the Busby babes, had Bayern (well renowned for their penny pinching) willing to spend £35m after two first team starts. He passed all the tests at youth level and all things considered has done well with the step up to the first team.

There's never any guarentee with any players but he's done and shown enough to take that chance on, not only that, like I said 120k really really isn't that much for a player of his talent, a standard squad player signing would be commanding in or around that these days, case in point Drinkwater.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

So is your scenario

Callum was one of the star men of the most dominant academy team since the Busby babes, had Bayern (well renowned for their penny pinching) willing to spend £35m after two first team starts. He passed all the tests at youth level and all things considered has done well with the step up to the first team.

There's never any guarentee with any players but he's done and shown enough to take that chance on, not only that, like I said 120k really really isn't that much for a player of his talent, a standard squad player signing would be commanding in or around that these days, case in point Drinkwater.

Go through history and I'm sure you will find lots of young players who did well at youth level but never went on to fulfill their potential. For our sake, CHO better go on to fulfill his potential because if not, we're gonna look like idiots for the way we caved in on his demands and so do you, since you're confidently talking him up. 

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

Go through history and I'm sure you will find lots of young players who did well at youth level but never went on to fulfill their potential. For our sake, CHO better go on to fulfill his potential because if not, we're gonna look like idiots for the way we caved in on his demands and so do you, since you're confidently talking him up. 

So out of curiosity, would you have let him walk?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tomo said:

So out of curiosity, would you have let him walk?

Would have tried to persuade him to stay but not cave into his contract demands. 

7 hours ago, Jason said:

Would have tried to persuade him to stay but not cave into his contract demands. 

120k a week basic is the rumoured wage which really isn't that obscene when you consider inflation, his potential and the leverage he had. We sign a standard squad player in his place and we're paying around that much pw for him too and unlike with Callum, there's no elite potential to go with it.

Way everyone bangs on you'd think we've done an Alexis. We aren't the first and won't be the last club to take calculated gambles on elite potential, like I said United are rumoured to be handing 100k a week alongside a £50m transfer fee to a kid with one season's championship experience. Data is so far advanced these days it isn't actually that hard for fans to work out who's going to make it at this level let alone coaches/scouts, that's why we "caved in" to Callum and sent Solanke on his way, that's why perreniel penny pinchers Bayern were happy to spunk £35m for him at a point he had two career starts.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Tomo said:

120k a week basic is the rumoured wage which really isn't that obscene when you consider inflation, his potential and the leverage he had. We sign a standard squad player in his place and we're paying around that much pw for him too and unlike with Callum, there's no elite potential to go with it.

Way everyone bangs on you'd think we've done an Alexis. We aren't the first and won't be the last club to take calculated gambles on elite potential, like I said United are rumoured to be handing 100k a week alongside a £50m transfer fee to a kid with one season's championship experience. Data is so far advanced these days it isn't actually that hard for fans to work out who's going to make it at this level let alone coaches/scouts, that's why we "caved in" to Callum and sent Solanke on his way, that's why perreniel penny pinchers Bayern were happy to spunk £35m for him at a point he had two career starts.

Don't know why you keep on mentioning Drinkwater as a comparison because while we may be paying him 100k per week, no one is sitting here and saying he deserves that amount. In fact, I believe a few here have raged over the club giving him that much money and it was certainly dumb of the board to do so, especially when we are struggling to ship him out!

Let's face it, the only reason CHO got the club to cave in on his demands was because of Bayern's interest. It's not because of his potential. CHO had a leverage and he used it, which is fair enough I guess from his perspective, but if it wasn't for Bayern's interest, the club wouldn't have given CHO the contract they gave him, especially for someone who hadn't done much (still hasn't done much but partly due to injuries) at senior level. James for example, someone who people have rated with the most potential out of our academy players and who actually shone on loan last season, reportedly got only 80k per week in his new contract and with bonuses, it would rise to only 100k, which is less than CHO's contract. If only he had a big club come chasing after him!

4 hours ago, Jason said:

Don't know why you keep on mentioning Drinkwater as a comparison because while we may be paying him 100k per week, no one is sitting here and saying he deserves that amount. In fact, I believe a few here have raged over the club giving him that much money and it was certainly dumb of the board to do so, especially when we are struggling to ship him out!

Let's face it, the only reason CHO got the club to cave in on his demands was because of Bayern's interest. It's not because of his potential. CHO had a leverage and he used it, which is fair enough I guess from his perspective, but if it wasn't for Bayern's interest, the club wouldn't have given CHO the contract they gave him, especially for someone who hadn't done much (still hasn't done much but partly due to injuries) at senior level. James for example, someone who people have rated with the most potential out of our academy players and who actually shone on loan last season, reportedly got only 80k per week in his new contract and with bonuses, it would rise to only 100k, which is less than CHO's contract. If only he had a big club come chasing after him!

Well it kind of goes hand in hand, Bayern wouldn't have offered him and us such a mega deal if he didn't have elite potential. If Google exchange rate isn't lying to me he would have jumped immediately in at number 2 for their most expensive signing ever, falling to number 3 when Hernandez joined.

https://sillyseason.com/list/bayern-munich-most-expensive-signings-131572/

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Bayern wouldn't have offered him and us such a mega deal if he didn't have elite potential.

Didn't they also offer a mega deal to Renato Sanches?

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Well it kind of goes hand in hand, Bayern wouldn't have offered him and us such a mega deal if he didn't have elite potential. If Google exchange rate isn't lying to me he would have jumped immediately in at number 2 for their most expensive signing ever, falling to number 3 when Hernandez joined.

https://sillyseason.com/list/bayern-munich-most-expensive-signings-131572/

Is using other club's interest really a strong justification of a player's potential or talent? It's like us saying we should keep Willian because the likes of Barcelona and Juventus want him! 

• Like 1