Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed

It's easy to say that and I'm not naming anyone, just saying in general. Still playing with fire with such an approach. What if the player suddenly lose their motivation after getting such a big contract having not done anything yet? Would rather promise them an increase in salary based on performances, return in goals and assists etc. 

If I was CHO under Sarri after many amazing Youth Team performances, debut under Conte , U17 WC winner and an amazing pre Season, I would want to leave too. Sarri did not give him a fair chance. If he was given it after that, he would have signed a new deal with way less money
If I was CHO and wasting my potential on the bench and the club came to me with an offer a salary with added performances bonuses, I would leave even faster because Sarri does not rate me (CHOs point of view) and the club is trying to give me a contract based on performances under a coach that does not want me to play. They have one career. They have to look what is best for their career and that would have been way too risky for CHO to accept something like that.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

If I was CHO under Sarri after many amazing Youth Team performances, debut under Conte , U17 WC winner and an amazing pre Season, I would want to leave too. Sarri did not give him a fair chance. If he was given it after that, he would have signed a new deal with way less money
If I was CHO and wasting my potential on the bench and the club came to me with an offer a salary with added performances bonuses, I would leave even faster because Sarri does not rate me (CHOs point of view) and the club is trying to give me a contract based on performances under a coach that does not want me to play. They have one career. They have to look what is best for their career and that would have been way too risky for CHO to accept something like that.

That was under Sarri. This is under Lampard, who would play the young players. So why not have the new contract with the wages based on performances if it's all about game time? Again, what if by giving them a big contract so early that they lose that hunger and desire?

4 minutes ago, Mana said:

Now Abraham’s contract renewal is in a halt because he wants AT LEAST the same amount CHO is getting.

This is EXACTLY what I was worried about when we renewed CHO’s contract with that crazy money. Now every younger would ask for it.

They will probably eventually settle on 150k plus bonuses, which given inflation and the fact he will very likely guarantee 15 goals a season minimum for the foreseeable future isn't exactly that outrageous.

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

They will probably eventually settle on 150k plus bonuses, which given inflation and the fact he will very likely guarantee 15 goals a season minimum for the foreseeable future isn't exactly that outrageous.

Just now, Mana said:

Abraham deserves 150k more than CHO at the moment though. My point is that since we gave CHO that kind of money, every younger is going to ask for that money. Abraham continued the domino effect.

Wonder how much Mount got in his new contract, considering he signed it before CHO IIRC. 

48 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

CHO before injury had way more Potential than Mount.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

But Mount has done way more in his career than CHO, no? 

Handing out big contract to young players based on potential is just nonsense. Are we simply just gonna do that every time there is a young player with potential but hasn't done anything of note? And I'm not talking about youth football here. Let's face it, the club basically caved in and CHO used the circumstances - the Bayern interest, the hysteria from the fans and media etc - to force the club to give him a big contract. Given they rejected his transfer request in January, it would have been embarrassing for them if they had to sell CHO after that. Unfortunately for Mount, he didn't have any leverage or at least didn't attempt to create one. If giving out big contract with over 100k per week wages to young players with potential is the benchmark, then those actually performing on the pitch will probably be demanding over 200k per week and our wage structure will be thrown out of the window. Hey, maybe Abraham should hand in a transfer request, that might just send the club into panic mode and cave in over his demands! 

Handing out big contract to young players based on potential is just nonsense. Are we simply just gonna do that every time there is a young player with potential but hasn't done anything of note? And I'm not talking about youth football here. Let's face it, the club basically caved in and CHO used the circumstances - the Bayern interest, the hysteria from the fans and media etc - to force the club to give him a big contract. Given they rejected his transfer request in January, it would have been embarrassing for them if they had to sell CHO after that. Unfortunately for Mount, he didn't have any leverage or at least didn't attempt to create one. If giving out big contract with over 100k per week wages to young players with potential is the benchmark, then those actually performing on the pitch will probably be demanding over 200k per week and our wage structure will be thrown out of the window. Hey, maybe Abraham should hand in a transfer request, that might just send the club into panic mode and cave in over his demands! 
That sort of attitude is something I'll never understand. Mount lit up the Eredivise whilst CHO was "doing bits" with the youth squad, but the latter is seemingly more deserving.

5 hours ago, LAM09 said:
6 hours ago, Jason said:

That sort of attitude is something I'll never understand. Mount lit up the Eredivise whilst CHO was "doing bits" with the youth squad, but the latter is seemingly more deserving.

pOtEnTiAl >>>

Some news now that city are montering the contract situation and might be interested in putting in a bid if things don't get resolved. Now I personally don't believe he would go to city or that city even need him. Probably media bs but still annoying.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn F5121 met Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2019 at 8:43 AM, Nicco said:

even if it's just venting my frustration like the I'd be surprised if Abraham reaches 15 goals this season which we all know it's hard to miss.

Lolololololol

On 24/08/2019 at 10:43 PM, NikkiCFC said:

I think 15 goals in the PL is fair and achievable goal for him this season. 

13 already. 15 in all comps. Thank you very much. Remember debate before season about from where our goals are coming? 

1 hour ago, Henrique said:

Drogba had 9 seasons as a Chelsea player.  This season Abraham scored more PL goals than Drogba did in 7 of those seasons. 

But thing about Drogba was he could coast through six months of a season but from Feb-May, he would be up for it. 

8 hours ago, Strike said:

But thing about Drogba was he could coast through six months of a season but from Feb-May, he would be up for it. 

Not really.

04/05: Scored in 2 PL games out of 8
05/06: 4 out of 10
06/07: 4 out of 11
07/08: 2 out of 8
08/09: 3 out of 13
09/10: 9 out of 14 (monster season)
10/11: 2 out of 14
11/12: 2 out of 9
14/15: 1 out of 11

Total: Scored in 29 PL games out of 98 | Scored every 3.38 games.

It's worse than his average of 3.10 for Premier League career for Chelsea (scored in 82 games out of 254 played).