Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

9. Tammy Abraham

Captain Ahmed
Followers 6

Lacks that killer instinct, and that header he had the other night is what I mean. Even Giroud would of buried that.
Giroud is un droppable for France and scores nigh on all the time, so if we don't sell him and sign nobody up top Frank has to swallow his pride and start Giroud.
Isn't Giroud the one that did not have one goal in the WC and did not even have a shot on target?

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

• Like 1
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

we need to sign Jesus Navas and we will have some holy squad

I thought he was sensational today, couldn't help but smile when he scored the opener. If he can carry this on and we get our new striker signing right we could wind up with our best pair of forw

Posted Images

On 23/01/2020 at 7:38 AM, Jason said:

Spin it in which ever way you want but it doesn't change the fact that Abraham is our primary source of goals and in the last few months, the return hasn't been good enough. Abraham is not the only problem for our goalscoring issue but he is one of them, more so than others because he's the striker. It's a reason why Lampard, us fans have been crying out for someone clinical to score the goals upfront. Heck, even you would have no qualm about replacing Abraham upfront if we sign someone like Cavani this month. 

Yes if somebody much better came along I would go for it. We need to. He needs the competition and we need another more than capable striker. 

Yes hes the striker but above all else this is his first spell in the PL at a big side, he was always gonna go on a barren run at somepoint, hes still young and hasnt scored reguarly bar at Championship and youth level his whole career. Its as if people assumed him and Mount were gonna coast the PL based off a few seasons of championship and dutch football... they are struggling but because we are short and Franks mismanaged certain squad players, they will continue to play.

Lampard and the board will take a lot of blame if we cannot get somebody in this month to reduce the pressure/burden on Tammy. That is my honest opinion. I do think Lamps was naive to basically throw Giroud aside after a month, if he had played more he might have been able to offer more in certain games. 

I am getting worried if we are forced to rely on just Tammy upfront and we continue to dominate games but not score, dropping easy points in small games, the other teams will smell blood and eventually leap frog us which despite their current state of affairs I dont think is so unforeseeable. If that happens, surely it means 2 things, no CL and potentially no FL at the helm especially if we go from 4th to outside it. Other managers have been let go for the same things (Villas-Boas).

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

I am getting worried if we are forced to rely on just Tammy upfront and we continue to dominate games but not score, dropping easy points in small games, the other teams will smell blood and eventually leap frog us which despite their current state of affairs I dont think is so unforeseeable. If that happens, surely it means 2 things, no CL and potentially no FL at the helm especially if we go from 4th to outside it. Other managers have been let go for the same things (Villas-Boas).

I completely understand why Lampard quickly decided that Giroud didn't suit how Lampard wanted to play with the front players pressing and intensity and pace to the play.

I think where Lampard probably has got it wrong though is as the season has wore on and we've been struggling breaking teams down through the middle and are being forced to play out wide much more, Giroud then becomes much more of a plan B option against deep defences. I think this is where Lampard probably should have re-considered the role Giroud has at the club and maybe be a short term second choice ahead of Batshuayi.

Ultimately though I don't think either of them are good enough, and whether it is this month or in the summer we definitely need a much better striker to compete with Tammy for the starting spot in the team.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Other managers have been let go for the same things (Villas-Boas).

You forgot another reason - AVB lost the dressing room. That's not the case here with Lampard. 

In any case, we were in danger of losing the Top 4 under Conte (2nd season) and Sarri but the board didn't do anything until the end of the season. 

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, Jason said:

You forgot another reason - AVB lost the dressing room. That's not the case here with Lampard. 

In any case, we were in danger of losing the Top 4 under Conte (2nd season) and Sarri but the board didn't do anything until the end of the season. 

You also forgot another reason- AVB was a terrible manager back in the day. Despite Lampard huge flaws, he is a better manager than 2012 AVB.

On 23/01/2020 at 8:38 AM, Jason said:

Abraham is not the only problem for our goalscoring issue but he is one of them, more so than others because he's the striker. 

He would really use some help tbh. I mean our second best goalscorer is Jorginho!? Take away his penalties Azpi is one goal away to share third place in terms of goalscorers. Mental. 

Michy, Giroud, CHO, Pedro and Barkley have together two PL goals and both came when it was already game over. They are five from our nine most offensive players. Add to that Mount who scored one goal in the last 4 months. Pulisic also didn't score for a while, Willian was never someone we could count on. 

8 hours ago, Jason said:

Perhaps but its also true to say that a big reason why he lost the dressing room because of his reluctance to use senior players more (despite many people at the time thinking they werent at their best), Lamps, Drogba, Anelka etc, even when things werent going well or others underperformed (Mount almost undroppable despite offering nothing in recent weeks, very familar with Torres, Bosingwa and Luiz under AVB).

Frank hasnt alienated anyone but his use of Giroud, Barkley, Alonso and Pedro this season, who are more senior personnel in the squad is odd considering how some others have played in those positions. Plus the likes of Pedro and Giroud have won a lot between them, they are good pros so he has to be wary of not looking too far ahead when he has these guys here and now. I think his recruitment ideas of Sancho and Chillwell in the summer, is dangerous because there are no guarantees with them coming and he has other players he can use in those positions to bring others who have underperformed out.

25 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Perhaps but its also true to say that a big reason why he lost the dressing room because of his reluctance to use senior players more (despite many people at the time thinking they werent at their best), Lamps, Drogba, Anelka etc, even when things werent going well or others underperformed (Mount almost undroppable despite offering nothing in recent weeks, very familar with Torres, Bosingwa and Luiz under AVB).

Frank hasnt alienated anyone but his use of Giroud, Barkley, Alonso and Pedro this season, who are more senior personnel in the squad is odd considering how some others have played in those positions. Plus the likes of Pedro and Giroud have won a lot between them, they are good pros so he has to be wary of not looking too far ahead when he has these guys here and now.

But the reputation of Lampard, Drogba, Anelka is different to Giroud, Barkley, Alonso, Pedro in each different team's dressing room, no?

I agree on Giroud and Pedro. But I don't think there's any wrong with his use of Barkley and Alonso. Barkley had his disciplinary issues earlier this season and his injury problems. Alonso played well at times but also had disastrous performances at times and had injuries. Them two haven't been tossed aside like Giroud/Pedro. 

Clumsy. 

Loves to fall down. 

Poor reaction time. 

Needs about 5 chances to score. 

No. I think he and his agent need to reevaluate and assess what he brings to this team, and if he actually deserves what he's demanding. 

3 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Yeah don't mention that he started training yesterday and played with an injury

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

These reactions were here even before this game. And before that as well, to be honest.

4 hours ago, manpe said:

So he was playing through injury? Didn't see the game, but it's no surprise that he played poorly. Don't get distracted, all eyes on the board :middlefinger:

I think it massively affected his play (mental side included)

he seemed disjointed more than usual

WAYYY to much pressure on the lad for his first topflight season

two things killed us this window

Cavani

and

Telles and/or Gosens (and sell/swap one (or both) of the two dregs brothers LB's we are paying to sit on the bench)

insane that PSG would not just let us give them a bit of cash (or better even, Giroud) AND pay all his bloody salary for a 5 month loan, after which he can hop, skip, and jump his happy arse to Madrid

now he walks on a free, as does Giroud

lose lose

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Vesper said:

I think it massively affected his play (mental side included)

he seemed disjointed more than usual

WAYYY to much pressure on the lad for his first topflight season

two things killed us this window

Cavani

and

Telles and/or Gosens (and sell/swap one (or both) of the two dregs brothers LB's we are paying to sit on the bench)

insane that PSG would not just let us give them a bit of cash (or better even, Giroud) AND pay all his bloody salary for a 5 month loan, after which he can hop, skip, and jump his happy arse to Madrid

now he walks on a free, as does Giroud

lose lose

While Willian Alonso Emerson Azpi is killing our season...God help us...

• Like 1