Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Alvaro Morata

Followers 2

5 hours ago, Clockwork said:

I don't believe Spain ever had a non Spaniard manager. Your assumption is greatly unlikely. 

It wasn't serious.  If you look back to the post which it quoted you'll see where the reference goes. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, nono said:

Are these guys reliable.

I don't know mate most Spanish media about football rumours is full of BS

Did he even get a sniff against Bayern in either leg? I saw both Asensio & Lucas Vasquez got on the pitch instead.

Like I've said before, I hope if we get Morata its in addition to Lukaku rather than thought of as our main #9. 

Jose Mourinho wants to partner Antoine Griezmann with Alvaro Morata in new-look Man Utd strike partnership

Spain international Morata is seeking to leave Real Madrid this summer and had told friends that he believed he would join Chelsea, who bid for him 12 months ago. But Chelsea’s interest has cooled as they have identified Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez as targets ahead of Morata, which leaves the door open for Mourinho to try to bring him to England.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/27/jose-mourinho-wants-partner-antoine-griezmann-alvaro-morata/

• 2 weeks later...
I don't trust this guy. He is 25 but never had a season where he reached 20 goals. 12-15-17 goals every seasons in all competitions.

He hasn't been a regular starter tbh. I still would look elsewhere though

Question is how much is he going to cost? I have seen him priced in the £50 range and as high as 63m. That is madness, for someone witch such low credentials and medium potential. Basically a high risk and low reward investment.

At a reasonable price that changes something though.

His hold up play and link up play is immense at times. After watching Diego Costa struggles I see this as a huge feat and relief really. He'd need to replace 20+ goals a season striker, is Morata able to score 20+ goals in a season?  Yes.

Won't say no to him. Still Belotti should be our number 1 target but Morata is ahead of Lukaku for me. 

This thread Turning into Douglas Costa topic some lads think he was average the same thing they saying about morata and Douglas Costa  put a few eggs on faces with a few guys on this forum if Conte thinks morata can do the job for us he has my full support 

2 hours ago, the wes said:

This thread Turning into Douglas Costa topic some lads think he was average the same thing they saying about morata and Douglas Costa  put a few eggs on faces with a few guys on this forum if Conte thinks morata can do the job for us he has my full support 

Speaking of Douglas Costa, if the rumors are true about Bayern going all out for Alexis maybe we should try to get him. Or Müller who doesn't appear to be first choice for them any longer.

3 hours ago, the wes said:

Douglas started well at Bayern but he is still behind Ribery and Robben. I doubt that he would make a great impact with Hazard, Pedro and Willian at Chelsea.