• Traore (sub)
    • Falcao (sub)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Stats said:

Another gripe I have with yesterday is why bring on Falcao? He clearly is not going to be here next season, while we have talented young players like Palmer who have been excellent for the U21/U19 this season and he did not come on. Players like this are hopefully the future and the ones we should be looking to. Not expired players like Falcao.

Pressure from upstairs, you know the lot that along with JM that brought him here?

The thing is with Chelsea this season, that really gets on my tits.. is that even though you have such low expectations because of this absolutely abysmal season we've had, they STILL find ways to disappoint you! 

Oh the joys of being a Chelsea fan!

I can tolerate a loss. However, I can't tolerate a loss where the players look like they don't give a fuck. Constant bad passing, losing the ball in weird places and no interest was the thing that was grinding my gears yesterday, not the scoreline per se.

25 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

I can tolerate a loss. However, I can't tolerate a loss where the players look like they don't give a fuck. Constant bad passing, losing the ball in weird places and no interest was the thing that was grinding my gears yesterday, not the scoreline per se.

In other words, get rid of every player who aren't prepared to play for the shirt, and bring in players who actually want to play for the manager (in this case, Conte).

We may have world class individuals like Hazard, but if they're giving 0% in their performances because their confidence has gone... they either want to move clubs, they've had a rift with the manager, or a mix of the two. I don't want players like that at my club! 

Imagine if Cristiano Ronaldo played for us (let's be honest he never will), but if he did, and he had zero confidence.. I would rather have a team of 11 players who aren't as world class but are willing to fight for the shirt, than have a couple of world class superstars that we're paying shit-tons of money every week, and could not give two fucks.

That's why it would make sense to let Hazard go. We'd benefit on the huge profit we make for any sale to either improve our youth academy, or go out and buy top quality young hopefuls / any player who would be happy to work with Antonio Conte again (Pogba, Vidal, Nainggolan).. IF they're willing to put, 'the opportunity to work with a familiar manager' over the fact they'll 'miss a year of Champions League football', I'm all for that.

Probably against my will to compare, but Spurs were in this position with Gareth Bale. They sold him to Real Madrid for £100m. For them, it must have been hard to sell such an important player, but then then in a few years, they developed Harry Kane, Dele Alli, and Eric Dier. Maybe if we can sell Hazard for the most amount of money as possible.. (£80-90m), then let Conte use some of the young hopefuls we have available, we can do what Tottenham have done. 

6 hours ago, chrismada9 said:

Maybe if we can sell Hazard for the most amount of money as possible.. (£80-90m), then let Conte use some of the young hopefuls we have available, we can do what Tottenham have done. 

Let's face it, not even the Chinese would spend that ridiculous amount of money for a player who has scored TWO goals this season, and one of them was a penalty against MK Dons. The other a free kick against the U21 City team. Unless something radically changes, we'd be lucky to get 30m for him.

3 hours ago, Miki-Liki said:

Let's face it, not even the Chinese would spend that ridiculous amount of money for a player who has scored TWO goals this season, and one of them was a penalty against MK Dons. The other a free kick against the U21 City team. Unless something radically changes, we'd be lucky to get 30m for him.

that'd once again point to a failure in the management at chelsea, who should've identified a problem before it actually became a problem.

It sounds like a hindsight kinda thing, but that's why they make good money and should indeed see the shortcomings of certain players early on and act accordingly. If Hazard had his one fantastic season for us, then the staff should have realized and sold him at max value. There is only one way about it: either they are right and that was not Hazard's only great season, or he will never reach this valuation again.

Personally, although I hope Hazard has more to offer, I have little faith in the staff and think there is just too much bias there. We tend to ride the waves a bit too long, which doesn't quite work in the transfer market where you have to be proactive: sell players when they are playing at their best (like stocks). Again, it's counter intuitive, but if it was easy anyone could do it.

Plus there have been chronic problems in center midfield for quite a while, over multiple managers, which does not bode well for the staff. Either they are clueless, don't have a say, or both.

7 hours ago, chrismada9 said:

In other words, get rid of every player who aren't prepared to play for the shirt, and bring in players who actually want to play for the manager (in this case, Conte).

We may have world class individuals like Hazard, but if they're giving 0% in their performances because their confidence has gone... they either want to move clubs, they've had a rift with the manager, or a mix of the two. I don't want players like that at my club! 

Imagine if Cristiano Ronaldo played for us (let's be honest he never will), but if he did, and he had zero confidence.. I would rather have a team of 11 players who aren't as world class but are willing to fight for the shirt, than have a couple of world class superstars that we're paying shit-tons of money every week, and could not give two fucks.

That's why it would make sense to let Hazard go. We'd benefit on the huge profit we make for any sale to either improve our youth academy, or go out and buy top quality young hopefuls / any player who would be happy to work with Antonio Conte again (Pogba, Vidal, Nainggolan).. IF they're willing to put, 'the opportunity to work with a familiar manager' over the fact they'll 'miss a year of Champions League football', I'm all for that.

Probably against my will to compare, but Spurs were in this position with Gareth Bale. They sold him to Real Madrid for £100m. For them, it must have been hard to sell such an important player, but then then in a few years, they developed Harry Kane, Dele Alli, and Eric Dier. Maybe if we can sell Hazard for the most amount of money as possible.. (£80-90m), then let Conte use some of the young hopefuls we have available, we can do what Tottenham have done. 

They bought Dier and Alli. 

And they did that after majority of players they bought with Bale money didnt perform. 

If anyone Spurs are negative case. They sold their star for 5 pricey average players and only Poch brought the team back together with some smart buys and trust in players. 

Alli came from 3rd league, no way would Chelsea ever trust player from there and play him. 

Kane on other hand is result of bad Bale sale's money investment in Soldado.

I would give Hazard another year, then we will see. Conte will either make him a winner or sell him.

Like already said, you want to see us losing with a fight and not a kids whimper.....Their heads are already on holiday/Euros, it's quite clear to see, it's now time to hope and pray the board are now starting to shuffle the jigsaw regarding new signings and outgoings now, and that they are not in holiday mode.