Cheilini Bonucci Barzagli 

Buffon 

Possible Chelsea line-up 

Gomez Costa 

Hazard 

Azpilicueta Matic Cesc Willian

Cahill {passing centerback} Iva 

Courtois 

We need a tall striker, and a defender that can pass badly. Watching Pelle hold up play with both high and low balls reminded me that costa hates jumping. Gomez would be perfect for the big striker role. 

8 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

He was called a bad cup manager in Italy. Definitely proving people wrong in this tournament. 

Maybe he's evolved over time, or maybe he was a bit unlucky (after all no one was beating the Bayern team that knocked him out), or maybe a bit if both? I haven't been following Italian football that much so cant give an answer myself.

On a random note however, could you imagine the media right now if he was heading to United or Liverpool? Especially the latter.

so far in this tournament I have been more and more impressed with Conte. He has brought what is thought to be the worst Italian team in years to the quarter finals and has gotten his tactics spot on each game. He has demolished both Belgium and Spain without conceding a goal and has instilled a strong bond within the side. So far they look very good.

If he can instill confidence and get our lads to believe in themselves again, and employ suitable tactics I think we will do well next season. One thing is definite. We wont be rolled over as easily as we were last time, because if I played for him and lost, I'd be scared stiff to go into the dressing room. Can you imagine the bollocking you'd get !!!

Alex Ferguson's boot kick at Beckham wouldn't come close to what he'd do to you!!

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Maybe he's evolved over time, or maybe he was a bit unlucky (after all no one was beating the Bayern team that knocked him out), or maybe a bit if both? I haven't been following Italian football that much so cant give an answer myself.

On a random note however, could you imagine the media right now if he was heading to United or Liverpool? Especially the latter.

Oh it was definitely a bit of both, mate, at least in my opinion. He was unlucky in the CL draw on one hand (not to mention THAT disgraceful match that should not have been against Galatasaray), but on the other he also failed to win the Coppa Italia in any of his 3 seasons at Juve despite being massive favorites for it in his last 2 seasons there. Yes, Juve had a sort of mental block for winning that 10th Coppa Italia since the late nineties, but Conte as well frustratingly refused to adapt his team according to the strengths of Napoli and Lazio. 

Imo, the matches against Belgium and Spain show a level of reading and understanding of opposition teams better than he ever showed at Juve which would suggest that he has evolved in that respect.. 

Just like Mourinho was over a decade ago. Now he is just a shadow, but this happens to mostly every manager I know.

Fabio Capello, Arrigo Sacchi, Wenger (Did great over a decade ago), Benitez (Did great at Valencia many years ago) etc etc.

The only exception has been SAF, and I think the problem here is that everyone thinks that because SAF did it anyone can do it.

Wrong, if we look at the trend most managers have a shelve life that of players. We should not get enamored by anyone for the sake of stability. If we can get 3 good years out of him that should be fine. Look at how City has been doing. 3 years with Mancini, next by Pelle, next by Pep.

3 to 5 years should be the max unless he is the exception like SAF.

15 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Just like Mourinho was over a decade ago. Now he is just a shadow, but this happens to mostly every manager I know.

Fabio Capello, Arrigo Sacchi, Wenger (Did great over a decade ago), Benitez (Did great at Valencia many years ago) etc etc.

The only exception has been SAF, and I think the problem here is that everyone thinks that because SAF did it anyone can do it.

Wrong, if we look at the trend most managers have a shelve life that of players. We should not get enamored by anyone for the sake of stability. If we can get 3 good years out of him that should be fine. Look at how City has been doing. 3 years with Mancini, next by Pelle, next by Pep.

3 to 5 years should be the max unless he is the exception like SAF.

We hope for many many years.

11 hours ago, kellzfresh said:

Just studying Conte's italy

Pelle Eder 

Giacherinni 

De-siglo Derossi Parolo Florenzi 

Cheilini Bonucci Barzagli 

Buffon 

Possible Chelsea line-up 

Gomez Costa 

Hazard 

Azpilicueta Matic Cesc Willian

Cahill {passing centerback} Iva 

Courtois 

We need a tall striker, and a defender that can pass badly. Watching Pelle hold up play with both high and low balls reminded me that costa hates jumping. Gomez would be perfect for the big striker role. 

De Rossi is actually the dm, he often is (in the defensive phase) almost on the same line as the cb. Against Spain he was higher up.

De Rossi
      Parolo-Giaccherini

3-5-2 Wouldn't really work with the kind of players we have. Imagine Fabregas in the dm role (Pirlo role), or as one of the two midfielders, that would be tragic. Cahill and Ivanovic wouldn't work also in a three man defence. I still think we will go with a 4-4-2

I would love to have a 3-5-2 system at Chelsea. I don't know why everyone seems to think that it's old and it's not gonna work. Maybe because we got too used with the annoying and boring 4-2-3-1 and we cannot accept other systems anymore. 

Football nowadays is won by those who have the guts to inovate. Look at Pep's Barca or at Simeone's Atletico. They both brought something special to football, they didn't respect the trends and they won things!

Conte is that kind of guy too. If we don't have the players that he needs to build a team the way he wants it, then the club has to bring him those players. I would sign Giaccherini in a heartbeat. 

35 minutes ago, Cosmin said:

I would love to have a 3-5-2 system at Chelsea. I don't know why everyone seems to think that it's old and it's not gonna work. Maybe because we got too used with the annoying and boring 4-2-3-1 and we cannot accept other systems anymore. 

Football nowadays is won by those who have the guts to inovate. Look at Pep's Barca or at Simeone's Atletico. They both brought something special to football, they didn't respect the trends and they won things!

Conte is that kind of guy too. If we don't have the players that he needs to build a team the way he wants it, then the club has to bring him those players. I would sign Giaccherini in a heartbeat. 

I agree with you except the Giacherinni buying. We have Willian, Pedro and Cuadrado who can play any role he's playing. 

24 minutes ago, kellzfresh said:

I agree with you except the Giacherinni buying. We have Willian, Pedro and Cuadrado who can play any role he's playing. 

Indeed, but if Conte thinks that Giaccherini can help us and suits his style properly, then why not? He's cheap. 

On the other hand, I really cannot see Pedro as a good option for us anymore.