The Conte Thread

14 minutes ago, DYC. said:

He could win the tournament with the most spectacular football ever witnessed in the history of the championship and it would have absolutely zero bearing on his following stint as Chelsea head coach. I don't even understand how one would make such a link.

What does this mean for the likes of Holland and co.?

Get ready to see it. Chelsea supporters will be watching Conte with a microscope. 

That video from his post trail press conference makes him look like a scary dude! :D 

Imagine being a player getting screamed at by that! Looks like and Italian gangster straight out of the movies.

I can't remember where I heard it, but pretty sure one of the players did an interview recently (might have been Begovic) and said that they had a conversation with Conte in English and he already speaks the language well which will be a huge positive if true.

However, funnily enough I heard Ancelotti on TalkSport today and he said when he first came over and was still learning the language, he told the players that when he was angry with something he would shout at them in Italian so even though they might not know what he was saying, he could fully express his mood and feelings and they would be able from that to understand how angry he was. So I'm sure there are ways in which Conte can show that fire and passion to the players at times, even if he isn't fluent enough in English to start with.

11 minutes ago, Melanicus said:

We should sell Ivanovic, Mikel, Oscar and Remy this summer. And of course not extend the loans of Falcao and Pato.

What happened to that poll you posted some time back? Did you post the results then? :)

I think we'll be the dark horses next season tbh.

The media will be jizzing their pants over Guardiola/Mourinho rivalry and the Mancs.

Kloop is not far behind after taking Liverpol to two finals in his first six(seven?) months.

Pochettino and Ranieri build a great image for themseleves after last season and there'll be expectations too.

Tbf I don't know what to say about Wenger. :D 

And Conte is.. the guy who hasn't managed a club in 2 seasons and we'll start to work with us after the Euro's. 

So I hope we'll just continue to fly under the radar and see what happens. :)

I don't see why you are so pessimistic.

This time last year this was a title-winning squad. It just need a few improvements and to be taken to the right direction.

Maybe I over-exaggerate about title contenders but to no to be in top 4? Leicester and Tottenham overachieved last season and I doubt they'll be in the same positions they were last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, Ledgi said:

This time last year this was a title-winning squad. It just need a few improvements and to be taken to the right direction.

Maybe I over-exaggerate about title contenders but to no to be in top 4? Leicester and Tottenham overachieved last season and I doubt they'll be in the same positions they were last year.

Lol yes you are right this was a title-winning squad, they had a break for the summer and died. The same squad, the same manager, the same system didn't work, Arsenal didn't change much minus Cech and boom they were 2nd we ended up 10th.

2 hours ago, Madmax said:

For me it is absurd to talk of us as contenders or dark horses or whatever. Without significant improvements to the glaring holes that this team has, I doubt we're getting top 4. As good a manager as Conte is, this is his first outing outside Italy as player or manager and there will be adaptability issues in play. The guy doesn't have a magic wand.

And to be honest, the names we seem closer to right now (Lukaku, Rudiger, Cuadrado etc) are not giving me confidence.

My exact feelings. I have supreme confidence that if Conte can build his team he'll have us back where we should be. The club has to show me that they're serious about their ambitions before I can be truly excited.

47 minutes ago, Ledgi said:

Because there is so much that need improving and wonder if we actually will.was confident start of last season till pre season started then became clear we had issues that never stopped really.

I don't think we'll be title contenders for a while but hopefully the board will realise changes are needed and give the support to do so