The Conte Thread

On 25/09/2016 at 5:08 PM, Heisenberg said:

At least now Pep is finally regarded as the best manager in the world, it took some time.

Conte isnt helping himself with his selections, and the players arent helping Conte on the pitch, expect a radical change in formation and players from Conte since he got nothing lose from now on.If he doesnt change, its absolutely pointless to sack him since the future caretaker CANT do better than Conte.It baffles me that we arent playing full attacking football since we cant defend.

Mate, Pep is full of talk.

He said chelsea needs 10 new players. Guess what? Every team Pep joins needs 10 new players. 

He brought 5 (or was it even more) in the summer to city and he will do again next summer, no doubt. 

He still has to play big games this season and we will see how he does. Im not even a bit certain that he will succeed as people point out. Cl is a different beast and he will struggle against english top sides too. 

City is playing nice football and they are taking pep philosophy well, no doubt he will crush average sides in premier league more comfortably than any other team, but he will have his time to prove how good he is against better teams, starting wiith Spurs which dominated them whole game. It could easily be 3:0. But everyone goes "it happens" and "it was expected". Meanwhile we lose 3:0 to arsenal and everyone loses their shit.

Pep today is a good team builder, but to get on very top, I doubt he will make it in CL, while PL is very possible since it doesnt have as strong teams as it had in past.

Not to mention he spent 180 fuckin mio and will spend around 150 next summer Im absolutely certain and then we hear he creates good teams improves teams and results etc. No shit sherlock if he can buy whole new squad. Even Bayern, who won CL and he still bought Thiago, Benatia, Lewa, Douglas, Coman, Xabi, Vidal, Bernat and failed to win CL again. Talk about efficiency.

Anceloti bought Hummels and Sanches at the expense of Gotze and Benatia. He didnt go and buy bunch of italians to suit his style personaly and to get players he coached/knew before.

Pep gets all the cash in the world to build his squads, he is obviously very smart too, but regardless he has long way to go to be best. He is consistently good and forces his style anywhere he goes, he is regarded modern tactician with great play, but he got barca on very top, which ended bad with Pep not having any plan b, continued with bayern where in 3 years ultimaltely failed to win CL with the squad he built and now with city, another club with shitload of cash to built team he wants. 

I like Pep and if he was here with cash given, he would balance us, make squad younger, better, quicker, etc. But I doubt he would make us win CL in few years or dominate PL.

Big games have to be won not played and Pep ultimately fails with that because he cant adopt to situation on the pitch. He forces opponents to play his game and it works with 90% of clubs, but the very best will exploit his play, wont get scared and wont respect his play. 

I find it ironic that he said Chelsea needs 10 players when every team he joins, he brings 10 new players and replaces half of squad who dont fit. Long story short, he sold Kroos for Thiago (I know its not all black and white, Kroos felt he wasnt respected by bayern, but at same time Pep didnt give him the role he should get. No wonder he left). Kroos is now two time CL winner and Thiago was always injured when Pep needed him. Ribery was injured alot under Pep and now he is playing very well under Carlo again. Coincidence I think not.

Just now, BlueLyon said:

Mate, Pep is full of talk.

He said chelsea needs 10 new players. Guess what? Every team Pep joins needs 10 new players. 

He brought 5 (or was it even more) in the summer to city and he will do again next summer, no doubt. 

He still has to play big games this season and we will see how he does. Im not even a bit certain that he will succeed as people point out. Cl is a different beast and he will struggle against english top sides too. 

City is playing nice football and they are taking pep philosophy well, no doubt he will crush average sides in premier league more comfortably than any other team, but he will have his time to prove how good he is against better teams, starting wiith Spurs which dominated them whole game. It could easily be 3:0. But everyone goes "it happens" and "it was expected". Meanwhile we lose 3:0 to arsenal and everyone loses their shit.

Pep today is a good team builder, but to get on very top, I doubt he will make it in CL, while PL is very possible since it doesnt have as strong teams as it had in past.

Not to mention he spent 180 fuckin mio and will spend around 150 next summer Im absolutely certain and then we hear he creates good teams improves teams and results etc. No shit sherlock if he can buy whole new squad. Even Bayern, who won CL and he still bought Thiago, Benatia, Lewa, Douglas, Coman, Xabi, Vidal, Bernat and failed to win CL again. Talk about efficiency.

Anceloti bought Hummels and Sanches at the expense of Gotze and Benatia. He didnt go and buy bunch of italians to suit his style personaly and to get players he coached/knew before.

Pep gets all the cash in the world to build his squads, he is obviously very smart too, but regardless he has long way to go to be best. He is consistently good and forces his style anywhere he goes, he is regarded modern tactician with great play, but he got barca on very top, which ended bad with Pep not having any plan b, continued with bayern where in 3 years ultimaltely failed to win CL with the squad he built and now with city, another club with shitload of cash to built team he wants. 

I like Pep and if he was here with cash given, he would balance us, make squad younger, better, quicker, etc. But I doubt he would make us win CL in few years or dominate PL.

Big games have to be won not played and Pep ultimately fails with that because he cant adopt to situation on the pitch. He forces opponents to play his game and it works with 90% of clubs, but the very best will exploit his play, wont get scared and wont respect his play. 

I find it ironic that he said Chelsea needs 10 players when every team he joins, he brings 10 new players and replaces half of squad who dont fit. Long story short, he sold Kroos for Thiago (I know its not all black and white, Kroos felt he wasnt respected by bayern, but at same time Pep didnt give him the role he should get. No wonder he left). Kroos is now two time CL winner and Thiago was always injured when Pep needed him. Ribery was injured alot under Pep and now he is playing very well under Carlo again. Coincidence I think not.

In our case we do need 10 new players though!!!

And you can understand why he brings in soo many new players when joining a new club. Just look at how our current squad reacts towards change. I think Pep not only brings in soo many new players to fit his system but also to start with a philosophy that is fresh for them individualy and as a team. 

Imagine him trying to implement his ideas with our starting eleven. It would actualy be comical to watch.. even more painful that watching them try to adopt Contes philosophy.

Chelsea DOES need 10 new players.

No creativity in our attack appart from Hazard who, let's be honest, doesn't want to be here anymore.
Deadwood midfield. Cesc is a liabilty, Oscar is shit and so is Matic. Kante is a machine but doesn't have the proper midfield partner like he had at LCFC.

I'm not starting about our defense only that I do not rate Alonso and Bonucci would be stupid to buy because of his age.

Wake the F up, Conte and Roman.

On 12/10/2016 at 0:55 PM, BoyBlue96 said:

Chelsea DOES need 10 new players.

No creativity in our attack appart from Hazard who, let's be honest, doesn't want to be here anymore.
Deadwood midfield. Cesc is a liabilty, Oscar is shit and so is Matic. Kante is a machine but doesn't have the proper midfield partner like he had at LCFC.

I'm not starting about our defense only that I do not rate Alonso and Bonucci would be stupid to buy because of his age.

Wake the F up, Conte and Roman.

we will talk about that at the end of the season ..:cig:

34 minutes ago, CHOULO19 said:

I don't know how betting works and I've never put a bet in my life, but I know that this is a ploy so that someone with power somewhere would make a lot of money... 

Would assume so, yeah.

1. Someone bets a sudden massive amount on Conte to get sacked which will cause all bookies to react by shortening Conte and drifting the odds higher for other managers.

2. Same person then bets an even higher amount on another manager to get the boot (like Bilic) and now gets huge odds compared to what they were just a couple hours ago

3. Profit, easy money.

At least that's what I seriously hope is the case here. If the board were to actually be clueless enough to sack Conte after three bad results two months into the season and think they can do better under some second rate out-of-a-job manager who'd have absolutely no time to prepare for the season they're dumber than everyone thought and deserve all the abuse they've been getting their way and a whole lot more.

If (and right now still a huge if) there's any truth to the rumors that Conte is close to leaving I'd guess it'd be more him handing in his resignation after the board not backing him enough in the transfer market than the board thinking he should be sacked.

Interesting times ahead...