The Conte Thread

19 hours ago, Mceachran said:

To take nothing away from anything you said, because it's all true...

My point is that there shouldn't be any talk of "we finally found our formation!"  "yeah _____ should definitely start!" because I'm not quite sure anything Conte did actually caused that win to happen.  Because it was hull.  With a lowercase h.

I agree Hull is a team we should beat every time, I think its just finding positives in each match. Conte changed the formation and dropped someone no other manager would. We kept a clean sheet, looked solid in D after we settled down, Kante looked like the Kante of last season, Moses looked bright. I dont know if that is the formation we should go with forever however it is beneficial to us that it was a success regardless of the opponent. and as always 3 points are 3 points ill take them no matter who we play.

On 02/10/2016 at 10:20 PM, Adnane said:

How convenient of you quoting this post 3 weeks later when all his weaknesses have been (re)visited due to a poor, awful performance at Arsenal. He was also bad at Leicester, couple goals saved his performance. 

If we want Chelsea to reach the levels it is supposed to be in, the maximum role players like Cesc should have in this team is a super sub, at best, and that's what he's been brilliant at in the first couple of weeks : coming up when have complete control of the ball against tired legs and finding spaces in between. 

how convenient life prevented me from LOGGING into the site for some days and when I do I have to come across your post in my notification tray. My post was just after the Arsenal game, I don't know what you are doing, but keep going, lol

On 10/4/2016 at 6:56 AM, !Hazard! said:

abL1mhxahr.png

I played this formation in FIFA 17. It was amazing! Dave turned into a real beast in that midfield position. Antonio, follow my advice.

Passing has never been azpi quality,  he will struggle big time in midfield role

6 hours ago, communicate said:

Passing has never been azpi quality,  he will struggle big time in midfield role

True. He is good player, but he would need a bit more ball control and passing to play in midfield. Even Lahm struggled there.

On 3 de outubro de 2016 at 7:56 PM, !Hazard! said:

abL1mhxahr.png

I played this formation in FIFA 17. It was amazing! Dave turned into a real beast in that midfield position. Antonio, follow my advice.

Jeez, it seems FIFA is worst than ever this year in terms of tactics, because that line up sucks so bad, I dont even know how it can work in a football game, let alone in real life. Lol

12 hours ago, Henrique said:

http://www.espnfc.com/club/chelsea/363/blog/post/2965337/winners-and-losers-in-antonio-contes-new-3-4-3-chelsea-formation

Very Interesting article about the future of this squad:

-Terry wont fit this system, Zouma, Luiz and Azpilcueta seems the best fit for a high defensive line Conte want to implement. 

-Oscar and Fabregas are doomed. The Spanish lacks defensive discipline and the Brazilian has no consistency.

-Batshuay will sit on the bench as long as Costa is available, since he wont find a role in Conte's 3-4-3 system.

-Kate will flourish in this system, and so will Hazard.

-Moses will become a Conte's favorite as a wing back.

Costa is probably TOP5 strikers in the world right now and Batshuayi will get plenty chance with 5 yellow cards just behind the corner. I would love our squad to have such depth on every position. Just look at Real Madrid, they can afford to bench James and Isco just because there are better players in starting eleven.

Just spend wisely in next transfer windows and sell deadwood :)

20 hours ago, Henrique said:

http://www.espnfc.com/club/chelsea/363/blog/post/2965337/winners-and-losers-in-antonio-contes-new-3-4-3-chelsea-formation

-Terry wont fit this system, Zouma, Luiz and Azpilcueta seems the best fit for a high defensive line Conte want to implement. 

-Oscar and Fabregas are doomed. The Spanish lacks defensive discipline and the Brazilian has no consistency.

-Batshuay will sit on the bench as long as Costa is available, since he wont find a role in Conte's 3-4-3 system.

But will we stick to this system? We've only played it for a match and a half till now.

I think it's a real issue that we've changed from 4-4-2, to 4-1-4-1 and now to 3-4-3 and it's still just October!

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see us move away from 4-1-4-1 which imo has very glaring weaknesses, but each of those formations have completely different requirements. We need some tactical stability and for the players to start getting familiar with their roles or we won't get the best out of any formation. 

Just give us a complete new squad, combined with our own HG players and good bought players and let Conte do his 3-5-2.

Also, that means 2 wingbacks. No Willian and Hazard. As for both of them, they can both f*ck of to Real Madrid and the other one back to Ukraine (or China for that matter)

21 hours ago, Henrique said:

Think next summer we will see the real squad revamp we've all been asking for some time. But Ivanovic, Cahill and Oscar on the bench is the perfect start.

Terry although lacks pace I think is going to jump right into the first team once he is fully fit again. Conte has talked about Zouma before and said he'll give him special attention knowing that Conte has suffered a similar injury back in his playing time.

Think Zouma will be considered a starter from next season, not now. For now Conte will stick to Terry's leadership abilities. Maybe will rotate them two after January-February once Zouma is 100% fit and with some U-21 matches under his belt.

2 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Think next summer we will see the real squad revamp we've all been asking for some time. But Ivanovic, Cahill and Oscar on the bench is the perfect start.

Terry although lacks pace I think is going to jump right into the first team once he is fully fit again. Conte has talked about Zouma before and said he'll give him special attention knowing that Conte has suffered a similar injury back in his playing time.

Think Zouma will be considered a starter from next season, not now. For now Conte will stick to Terry's leadership abilities. Maybe will rotate them two after January-February once Zouma is 100% fit and with some U-21 matches under his belt.

Two summers too late for me and like I said elsewhere, too much frequent change of managers has seen this evolve into a weak and slap dash team without any solid structure to it.

Even if we finish 9th Conte needs to remain in charge and backed with huge amounts to get this right.

11 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Two summers too late for me and like I said elsewhere, too much frequent change of managers has seen this evolve into a weak and slap dash team without any solid structure to it.

Even if we finish 9th Conte needs to remain in charge and backed with huge amounts to get this right.

Agree, but nothing can be done now, it is what it is. It's important that the board learns from its mistakes and for once lets the manager shape the squad his way. 

Ivanovic's contract MUST not be renewed, Cahill and Oscar must be sold. Pedro, Mikel, too. Christensen, Tammy Abraham and Ake must be integrated in the squad. Maybe one of Charly Musonda or Boga, too. Terry, I don't know... his contract runs out in the summer. Has he got the legs for another season in the first team? Not for me, no. And I think he agrees to it, too. Willian? Think he'd do a better job on the bench, as an impact sub. Chelsea needs a more explosive and goal threat winger.

Big summer ahead nonetheless, Conte must be backed in the transfer market and given full suport in revamping the squad. But with this board you never know unfortunately.

8 hours ago, CHOULO19 said:

But will we stick to this system? We've only played it for a match and a half till now.

I think it's a real issue that we've changed from 4-4-2, to 4-1-4-1 and now to 3-4-3 and it's still just October!

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to see us move away from 4-1-4-1 which imo has very glaring weaknesses, but each of those formations have completely different requirements. We need some tactical stability and for the players to start getting familiar with their roles or we won't get the best out of any formation. 

I think deep down inside Conte always wanted to use a 3-4-3. I have heard a lot of people saying he wasnt going to use the system, but those people were just wrong. He didn't use that system from the  beginning because I think he was afraid people would say that was too italian for Premier League, but when he realized this defense is not reliable and the his task is really tough, he saw a chance to use a formation he is more confortable with, and If you ask me, I think that would be a good move, since matches against Liverpool and Arsenal were a result of poor tactics, and not poor quality in squad. 

58 minutes ago, Henrique said:

I think deep down inside Conte always wanted to use a 3-4-3. I have heard a lot of people saying he wasnt going to use the system, but those people were just wrong. He didn't use that system from the  beginning because I think he was afraid people would say that was too italian for Premier League, but when he realized this defense is not reliable and the his task is really tough, he saw a chance to use a formation he is more confortable with, and If you ask me, I think that would be a good move, since matches against Liverpool and Arsenal were a result of poor tactics, and not poor quality in squad. 

i agree with your opinion except the last sentence..in both matches defense makes terrible mistakes, underlying its low quality..

solution?  quantity 3 CB instead  of 2..