Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

The Conte Thread


 Share
Followers 4

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello, I am a Juventus italian fan and maybe I can help you to understand which kind of coach Conte is...(sorry for my english, I hope you will understand) When he arrived in Juventus, he fo

I think the fact that we stuck to our principles, pressing them high up the pitch in spurts throughout the game and more importantly, passing out from the back, even with a few mistakes (note - it goe

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

The remarkable thing about our starting lineup right now, is that we have so much firepower/defensive options still left on the bench to call on during games. Batshuayi, Willian, Terry, Fabregas....

I dont see Fabregas getting any playing time soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It feels so weird to have such a sense of optimism. I missed yesterday's game because I went to watch an ICW Wrestling show, but I was worried that we'd lose to Soton considering the form they are on, but when my dad texted me the result I was bloody chuffed.

The feel good factor is creeping back into my beloved club after the past three seasons with Jose and his antics, Conte has done tremendously so far and while I'm not going to allow myself to get too carried away, I appreciate the sense of optimism and hopefulness that's spawned out of this little run.

It's not only with results, and the change in formation which is already very encouraging, it's also to do with looking to the future, and the players he's getting the best out of, namely for me David Luiz and Victor Moses, as well as giving nods of genuine encouragement to the youth in Aina and Chalobah. It's the first manager in a long while who, when he says he'll give someone a chance to shine I genuinely believe it. Tammy Abraham in particular is one I'm anxious to see back in a blue shirt soon and one can only imagine what a positive, encouraging manager like Conte could do for him and many other young players. Compare that to Mourinho's 'academy day' nonsense and it's like night and day!

FORZA CONTE! UP THE CHELSEA!

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eidur the Spider said:

Compare that to Mourinho's 'academy day' nonsense and it's like night and day!

:lol: 5 minutes to RLC in a pointless CL game where nothing was at stake vs. 20 minutes to Nate against Man United in a high pressure game where everything (at least the clean sheet) was at stake. You are right, super excited with everything related to Chelsea, it has rekindled my interest in the game. Can't wait for the next two transfer windows to see what we really can do.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Eidur the Spider said:

It feels so weird to have such a sense of optimism. I missed yesterday's game because I went to watch an ICW Wrestling show, but I was worried that we'd lose to Soton considering the form they are on, but when my dad texted me the result I was bloody chuffed.

The feel good factor is creeping back into my beloved club after the past three seasons with Jose and his antics, Conte has done tremendously so far and while I'm not going to allow myself to get too carried away, I appreciate the sense of optimism and hopefulness that's spawned out of this little run.

It's not only with results, and the change in formation which is already very encouraging, it's also to do with looking to the future, and the players he's getting the best out of, namely for me David Luiz and Victor Moses, as well as giving nods of genuine encouragement to the youth in Aina and Chalobah. It's the first manager in a long while who, when he says he'll give someone a chance to shine I genuinely believe it. Tammy Abraham in particular is one I'm anxious to see back in a blue shirt soon and one can only imagine what a positive, encouraging manager like Conte could do for him and many other young players. Compare that to Mourinho's 'academy day' nonsense and it's like night and day!

FORZA CONTE! UP THE CHELSEA!

Agree, but what three years? Jose second year when we won title and with Didi back, it was still great year.

People forget the good things so quickly after some poor results.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Agree, but what three years? Jose second year when we won title and with Didi back, it was still great year.

People forget the good things so quickly after some poor results.

This might sound daft but apart from the very beginning of that title winning season, my enjoyment factor in watching Chelsea play was pretty much as low as it has ever been.

Combine that with Mourinho's more volatile post-Madrid antics and I have to say that title victory, albeit a great comeback for the club after a few years wanting, felt a little flat for me. Just my two cents though!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 matches this month:

Coming saturday Everton at the Bridge, Boro away...and Tottenham Cockspur at the Bridge.

Everton is going to be difficult..but I believe in this team and our tactics. Guess we'll scrape through it. Boro won't be much of a problem but Spurs...now if he beats them he is yet another step closer to fan-immortality!

And, like every Chelsea fan, I want Conte to beat those fuckers and put them in their place. Maybe if they still manage to go undefeated coming two match rounds give them their well deserved first league defeat this season!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel this still not conte team yet I think he still needs to bring a few of his own signings to make it his team if we don't win the league this year I 100% believe we win it next season 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BoyBlue96 said:

3 matches this month:

Coming saturday Everton at the Bridge, Boro away...and Tottenham Cockspur at the Bridge.

 

Win them three game would give us a huge boost to try win the league 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Eidur the Spider said:

This might sound daft but apart from the very beginning of that title winning season, my enjoyment factor in watching Chelsea play was pretty much as low as it has ever been.

Combine that with Mourinho's more volatile post-Madrid antics and I have to say that title victory, albeit a great comeback for the club after a few years wanting, felt a little flat for me. Just my two cents though!

I'm not Jose apologist but those are totally first-world football problems.

Not liking the manner in which the title was won?  How many clubs would kill for that?

I get what you're saying, but it's official.  We've become spoiled.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I'm not Jose apologist but those are totally first-world football problems.

Not liking the manner in which the title was won?  How many clubs would kill for that?

I get what you're saying, but it's official.  We've become spoiled.

I was talking more from a pure footballing enjoyment stand point mate, but I totally accept what you are saying and I think it's the way football has gone a little bit, its not just what you win it's how you win it. Obviously I enjoyed the title win, I'd have to be a non Chelsea fan not too, I was merely pointing out the more 'feel good' factor that seems present amongst the players how we approach games like Man United and Soton makes me perk up after last season's disgrace. I may be going a bit overboard purely due to the relief of it all but I have been consistently saying on this forum even before we won the title that something felt 'off' and at times yes it did hamper my enjoyment for watching Chelsea play even during that title win (especially after the Spurs drubbing). I think modern day football fans are to some varying degree spoilt and fickle and I hold my hands up to it like many others have.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if Mourinho would change a player like Fabio Cannavaro to defensive-midfielder because of his sub 185cm height. We all know he would never have had the sheer audacity to try Cesar Azpilicueta [a career fullback ] at the centreback position. Actually it seems to be a career hallmark of Jose Mourinho to play defenders at defensive-midfield. Javier Zanetti, Pepe, Sergio Ramos, and Fabio Coentrao, all have played and failed (except Zanetti) at defensive-midfield.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Eidur the Spider said:

I was talking more from a pure footballing enjoyment stand point mate, but I totally accept what you are saying and I think it's the way football has gone a little bit, its not just what you win it's how you win it. Obviously I enjoyed the title win, I'd have to be a non Chelsea fan not too, I was merely pointing out the more 'feel good' factor that seems present amongst the players how we approach games like Man United and Soton makes me perk up after last season's disgrace. I may be going a bit overboard purely due to the relief of it all but I have been consistently saying on this forum even before we won the title that something felt 'off' and at times yes it did hamper my enjoyment for watching Chelsea play even during that title win (especially after the Spurs drubbing). I think modern day football fans are to some varying degree spoilt and fickle and I hold my hands up to it like many others have.

 

I know.  I totally get you.  Some of those matches during the grind of the second half of the season were tough to watch.  I don't disagree with you.  I'm just remarking on how strange it is to feel that way.  It's totally first-world football problems, but you're not wrong.

I'm really enjoying the enthusiasm on the pitch as well.  All XI working hard for the team.  The play is unselfish, it all feels like team goals and team clean sheets.  I'm loving the football this season.  

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...