The Conte Thread

luckly there's conte as coach and not the coaches that fill this forum..

good game yesterday, as conte said the confidence is low at this moment, need some consecutive wins to gain confidence and play in a better way..

26 minutes ago, iceboy said:

What makes these "journalists" believe Conte is there for Hart... It doesn't make any sense at all. Typical English media.

On the other hand he might have been there effectively for a bunch of players, maybe not Hart, but he sure was there for someone. 

Not a former Torino or Fiorentina player/manager ( far from that as he is a Juventus legend ), plus ain't the biggest game in italian football, and certainly not a game you'd book a flight/day for. 

So yeah I like to think he was there for someone. 

On 24/09/2016 at 3:52 PM, Adnane said:

Incredible

So you have been asking for Cesc to start all season long, once he does it and benches Oscar you criticize him for doing so ? 

Had he benched Fabregas and lost, you would have said the exact opposite. 

I highly question all of his decisions lately, but let's not be hypocrites and see things as they are : Cesc is never a 90 minutes player for Chelsea and shouldn't be, at least not until we sort all our defensive issues. 

Dude, I don't know if you're lazy, can't understand properly basic English or if it's down to not using the gray part of your brain. I've NEVER said Cesc should start all matches, let alone play the entire 90 minutes. I've always been very clear that he suits some kind of games - like Burnley home, so I will restate my opinion again just for you. Cesc should always start against teams that will sit back and wait for us, having a defensive approach, against those we'll need to have creative players trying to stretch their defense. Cesc is the only player that can do that consistently in our team, so he should always start those matches. Any match that we need to win the midfield battle, be more solid defensively or rely on pace Cesc should NOT start. We can afford Cesc if the other team is more interested in defending than attacking us. There's a bunch of those in the league, anyone from 12th and lower and in those matches Cesc should start, do his thing, hopefully help us get ahead by 2-3 and then he can be shipped back to the dressing room.

I stand by my point. I did it against Burnley, I did it against Arsenal and while I think Cesc could start against Hull at home, but the three-man defense worked well (in the second half), so I don't think that was a bad choice at all leaving him out, Cesc should have played had he opted for the 4-1-4-1, 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 - all of which he already featured this season in addition to the aforementioned 3-man system (that's a lot of tactical approaches in less than 10 games, but I guess he has to try until he finds the one that works best).

I don't mind the discussion, I don't mind someone challenging my opinion, but I don't need to be notified about things I've never said... so be my guest for good arguments, but for stupidity, please, I pass.

I have to salute Conte for ending an ugly spell by changing the shape of a very predictable team. 

Deploying Kante as a box to box midfielder was GENIUS! It allowed us to recover balls high up the pitch and keep them on their back heels.

3-4-3 is the way to go moving forward, I liked having two dedicated attack minded players on the flank in Moses and Willian, it looked so dangerous.

The shape can easily be adapted to a 4-3-3 too so its very hard to predict how we will play.

2 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

I have to salute Conte for ending an ugly spell by changing the shape of a very predictable team. 

Deploying Kante as a box to box midfielder was GENIUS! It allowed us to recover balls high up the pitch and keep them on their back heels.

3-4-3 is the way to go moving forward, I liked having two dedicated attack minded players on the flank in Moses and Willian, it looked so dangerous.

The shape can easily be adapted to a 4-3-3 too so its very hard to predict how we will play.

Maybe that's the way we should be as a team moving forwards. Different horses for different courses. Switching from 3-5-3, 3-5-2 or 4-4-2 and so on.

Felt we had kind of got ourselves into a rut with trying to fit players into that old 4-2-3-1 formation for the past 3 years.

5 hours ago, Barbara said:

How convenient of you quoting this post 3 weeks later when all his weaknesses have been (re)visited due to a poor, awful performance at Arsenal. He was also bad at Leicester, couple goals saved his performance. 

If we want Chelsea to reach the levels it is supposed to be in, the maximum role players like Cesc should have in this team is a super sub, at best, and that's what he's been brilliant at in the first couple of weeks : coming up when have complete control of the ball against tired legs and finding spaces in between. 

italian media notice that in the last game chelsea played with 352

curtois 

azpi  luiz cahill

moses kante willian matic alonso

hazard costa

what a great coach antonio..:)

3 hours ago, WNDS said:

It was a team we needed to beat, simple as that.

If we are to stand a chance of getting top four this season, then these games are absolute 'must-wins'; we're not currently playing well enough to shrug-off victories against the less 'impressive' sides in the PL as if they were actually League 1 outfits.

To take nothing away from anything you said, because it's all true...

My point is that there shouldn't be any talk of "we finally found our formation!"  "yeah _____ should definitely start!" because I'm not quite sure anything Conte did actually caused that win to happen.  Because it was hull.  With a lowercase h.

4 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

abL1mhxahr.png

I played this formation in FIFA 17. It was amazing! Dave turned into a real beast in that midfield position. Antonio, follow my advice.

JT wouldn't make that team, he is too slow to play that high up.