Leonardo Bonucci

the wes

36 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

60m today was like 25-30m in 2010. John Terry was turned 30 during the 2010-11 season. Would you had paid 25m for John Terry in the summer of 2010? 

And, it's not like the club doesn't have an armada of players around Europe ready to be sold. Plus there are plenty of players in the first team that will be sold in the following transfer windows as well so that 60m could be made with other transfers literally overnight. 

Also, is there a better central defender in world football at the moment than Bonucci? I'd say no.

I've said it before and i'll say it again. The club needs world class players. So we need to buy world class players. And like we saw during the summer, there ain't many world-class centre-backs out there. When one becomes (rumours) available, you take your shot. 

I agree with the last bit about needing to acquire WC talent once again, but we need to be wise. £60m for a 30 yr old is only good business for Juve.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, LAM09 said:

I agree with the last bit about needing to acquire WC talent once again, but we need to be wise. £60m for a 30 yr old is only good business for Juve.

second that.

Also, the team isn't almost ready, in which case a world class playing in a specific position, would take us to the next level. The team is being rebuilt, so the money has to be used wisely.

My personal opinion has been that this club has always lacked in strength in depth; even at times when we have good performing starting XI, we don't have a starting XV: we don't have cover of the same caliber and that shows esp in the PL.

1 hour ago, Robguima said:

second that.

Also, the team isn't almost ready, in which case a world class playing in a specific position, would take us to the next level. The team is being rebuilt, so the money has to be used wisely.

My personal opinion has been that this club has always lacked in strength in depth; even at times when we have good performing starting XI, we don't have a starting XV: we don't have cover of the same caliber and that shows esp in the PL.

Been the case for a while. 2nd string players in most positions are close to first team quality.

• 1 month later...

Chelsea transfer target Leonardo Bonucci out until January after Juventus player suffers a thigh injury

• 2 months later...

juve got a chance

Chelsea could sign Leonardo Bonucci for £42million as Juventus consider defender ‘sellable’ and want to build long-term defensive partnership between Daniele Rugani and Mattia Caldara

http://www.footballfancast.com/transfer-rumours/juventus-open-to-selling-bonucci-door-open-for-chelsea-to-swoop

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2966720/chelsea-leonardo-bonucci-42million-juventus-daniele-rugani-mattia-caldara/

Every other team wants to built their squad with the young guns ... but we still want or are rumored with the so called "28+ yrs world beaters" while we dont want to give our young guns a shot. Instead we always deem them as "not ready for the PL" ... 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

Juventus will be looking far to much for him no need for him anyway Luiz is doing great job has a sweeper 

Hope Luiz continues like this next season. It's insane now you mention Luiz. How good he has become under Conte. He's the defender he always had to be.

• 3 weeks later...

Transfer Rumour: Chelsea and Manchester City handed huge boost in pursuit of Leonardo Bonucci

According to a report in Yahoo Sports UK, Leonardo Bonucci is prepared to leave Juventus for the Premier League if Massimiliano Allegri remains with the Italian champions,

http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/2017/03/23/transfer-rumour-chelsea-and-manchester-city-handed-huge-boost-in-pursuit-of-leonardo-bonucci/

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Transfer Rumour: Chelsea and Manchester City handed huge boost in pursuit of Leonardo Bonucci

According to a report in Yahoo Sports UK, Leonardo Bonucci is prepared to leave Juventus for the Premier League if Massimiliano Allegri remains with the Italian champions,

http://www.thehardtackle.com/news/2017/03/23/transfer-rumour-chelsea-and-manchester-city-handed-huge-boost-in-pursuit-of-leonardo-bonucci/

I hope we don't go for Bonucci cause his best position is in the sweeper role and we have Luiz doing that role the area we need to upgrade is cahill position I rather go for van Dijk 

• 1 month later...

One of the best centre-backs out there, but will he be able to adapt to the Premier League at his age, and could we still get 2-3 years of world-class performances out of him? Is it worth the risk for what would likely be a transfer fee of around £60M?

8 minutes ago, mashimaru161 said:

No chance he will leave Juve if they manage to win Cl this year.

I'm not sure. He has won several Serie A and Coppa Italia titles already, Champions League was the only thing he hasn't one yet. Maybe after winning it will be the perfect time for him to look for a new chapter.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You