Who in the squad should stay and who should leave ?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is 100% pointless. This squad is weak, and nobody should leave, even for a decent amount of money. Some list here are asking for like 10 players who are regular on the first team for part seasons to leave. Do you really believe we are getting 10 players in the summer that are better than those ones you want out of the club?

Actually the main reason of the current state of things is this kind of mentality: this player is not good enough to start games, so he must be sold. Its time to stop the madness, Traore and Loftus Cheek are not better than the likes of Oscar and Pedro. Give them enough playing time and a couple of bad results, and everyone will ask for more experienced players. They are not special at the moment, and they should be introduced slowly in the team, they are not the quick solution.

In the past people were praising the board for selling player (thats a stupid thing to do actually) and now we have a weak squad, and what I seen most people here asking is to sell even more players.

Remy and probably Matic need to leave and Falcao is a goner anyway, additionally Ramires already left. The squad is thin as it is, so we can't sell a bunch. Ideally I would like to see the back of Oscar too, but I don't think that's gonna happen.

The ones who in my opinion need to stay at all costs are Terry, Hazard, Willian, Zouma, Azpi and Courtois.

Henrique is right, no player should leave this summer, not even Amelia.

Cahill, Ivanovic, Mikel, Oscar and Remy are not shitthey are just not good enough to be first choice regulars at teams looking to win things, as squad players they can still contribute to a good level, but when a third to half you're lineup are squad player's, results will suffer.

Fergie was the master of the squad game, late 00s he had Kuszcak, O Shea, Brown, Fabio, Gibson, Hernandez and ageing Scholes and Giggs as squad rotation player's and all filled in admirably when need be, but if 3/4 of them started finding their way into the regular lineup, the results would have gone south.

Put our squad level players as squad players and get some blood that is good enough to start.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

Cahill, Ivanovic, Mikel, Oscar and Remy are not shitthey are just not good enough to be first choice regulars at teams looking to win things, as squad players they can still contribute to a good level, but when a third to half you're lineup are squad player's, results will suffer.

Fergie was the master of the squad game, late 00s he had Kuszcak, O Shea, Brown, Fabio, Gibson, Hernandez and ageing Scholes and Giggs as squad rotation player's and all filled in admirably when need be, but if 3/4 of them started finding their way into the regular lineup, the results would have gone south.

Put our squad level players as squad players and get some blood that is good enough to start.

Same with us in 09-10....for example,...we had 3 options at RB, with Ivanovic, Bosingwa and Paulo Ferreira to come in,.. and each of them at the time were great-to-decent performers (yes even Bosingwa!)...I keep hoping that we can go back to having as much depth in the squad.

6 hours ago, Tomo said:

Only one of the players you listed above has been a sure starter with all managers forever... Even today, the others you mention have not Been able to contribute coming off the bench or starting.

Psg beats us because they can afford having a cavani coming off the bench, while we have remys and mikels, or oscars who for different reasons, have not been effective.

although i agree with you about having some strength in depth, these players have proven over and over again that they just arent good enough. Perhaps cahill and iva can still play a part but the others need to move on.

recording to this article http://sportwitness.ning.com/forum/topics/chelsea-waiting-for-right-moment-to-announce-19m-deal-young-and-s

roman wants a young, strong Chelsea for the future, with a mix of youth players and established winners if that's the case we need to keep JT youth players need players like JT around them who they can look up too and train them to be winners 

In 09/10 we won the league with a large squad. After we released 5 good senior squad players (i.e KING BELLETI) and replaced them with academy grads. We struggled the that following year cos after every injury the level of the first team decrease way too much. People underestimate the benefits of a large squad.

On 3/13/2016 at 4:36 AM, Tomo said:

Althought, we have to keep in mind that Fergie lost one of the hottest players in Pogba because of the same thing you are praising.

Begovic -- If he wants to stay, keep him. If he wants to play regularly, sell

Courtois -- Keep and hope his shaky play this season has been a result of his injury recovery and our shit defense

Ivanovic -- Keep as a CB. No more RB

Zouma -- Keep and train him as a tough leader. He's got a lot of potential

Rahman -- Keep. He's young and has potential

Miazga -- Keep and loan him somewhere in the Premier League

Cahill -- Keep as a second-choice CB

Terry -- Keep if he is happy with spending most of the time on the bench and providing any remaining leadership

Azpilicueta -- Keep him at RB

Aina -- Loan him out to give him some meaningful minutes

Clarke-Salter -- Same as Aina

Fabregas -- Keep and have him focus solely on providing attackers

Oscar -- Sell. Even though I think he can be useful as a substitute, I don't think he'll be happy with that role, and the club can get a good sum for him.

Hazard -- If he doesn't want to be here, sell him in a good package deal with a major club. I'm not sure of the board's ability to get one though.

Mikel -- Keep

Matic -- Sell and find a suitable replacement.

Willian -- Keep

Loftus-Cheek -- Keep and give him more minutes. He doesn't have to be given significant time, but more.

Pedro -- Keep

Kenedy -- Keep, decide if he's better suited for LB or LW and stick to that position.

Remy -- Sell

Costa -- Keep unless a crazy offer comes in for him

Traore -- Keep and give him the second striker role

Sell a few loanees that we get a good offer for. There's no need to have a loan army this large, and reducing it even by a few can provide a good turn into a good player (if the board can actually accomplish a good signing).

On 3/12/2016 at 11:36 PM, Tomo said:

They are shit. In fact they are DOG shit. Here's why they should leave. One by one

Ivanovic- He's 32. He's had probably the most pathetic season in his life. He's a fucking diver. He's slow, stupid and over everything.... he fucking screams at others when he is the biggest liability in the whole of England. He is the definition of a cancer. My blood boils at the thought of his big fucking arse struggling to sprint back into position when he has played 3 players onside  while he puts his big fucking arm up to signal for an offside. Even with the there not being many GOOD RBs in the world, keeping Ivanovic (which we WILL do because we love doing shit like this) makes no sense. He is a cancer.

Mikel- This guy has been a "squad" player for years and years and years. He's getting older, and progressively shitter. His experience is useless as he can barely move anymore. I can't list the amount of times that he's just standing in a random position in midfield while the opposition's CAM is wide open and even their CMs are getting forward. Sometimes I really realllyyy don't know what he does for us at allll.. Does he create balance? No. Does he make us seem defensively strong? No. Is he reliable? No. Is he young? No. Is he a leader? No. He checks off zero boxes... aside from that which reads, is he willing to sit on the bench for 80% of the game. He neeeeeds to leave. Remember in 2011/12, City brought in Pizarro during the January transfer window? I would MUCH rather have someone like that. Intelligent, passionate baller. Everything we want from Mikel as a "squad" player.. but everything he is not. 

Oscar- Lol. I laugh like a crazy person when I see this guy playing because deep down inside it hurts my fucking sooooulll seeing this guy in our squad, while other top top top players were offloaded. He's literally only a Chelsea player because of ONE moment 4 years ago. This fella is NOT a creative midfielder. He is NOT a #10.. I really don't know what he is. Only thing he's good for is sliding in recklessly whenever the opposition midfielders hold onto the ball for too long and stat pads against lesser sides. Sell him before his price falls. I'm counting on Chinese club to buy him for big bucks.

Cahill- Has shown day by day how much of an embarassing defender he is. Never in 1000000 years has he ever been a player that is at all good enough for Chelsea Football club. I'm really trying my best to understand how tffff teams didn't rip us to shreads w a defence of him and Luiz at time from 2012-2014. His game is basically to back off and back off and back off some more.. and if there's a loose ball, throw himself at it. He's strong, he's not quick, he's not intelligent.. even his goals have dried up in the last few years. Idk what we expected from a player who spent most of his career at Villa and Bolton. He's turning 31.. If he was an intelligent player, I'd say keep him. But he's not, he relies on his physicality and thats only gonna deteriorate from here (as he ages). Also, his presence makes it harder for the top top young ballers we have. Christensen is 3728948 times better than this guy.. 

Remy- I acc love Loic. I loved him last year especially. He's isn't acc shit. He just seems like he doesn't care anymore. Falcao was given more playing time than him when they were both fit. Now Traore is getting more game time than him. He's been injured a lot this season as well.. but he's class when he's given the chance. He showed us this last season, towards the end he scored some really big goals but he has been wank this season.. regardless of all of his misfortunes. He looks drunk. He acc looks drunk lmao. He's scored like.. twice all season? Sell him man... Give Traore a bigger role at the club. Loic shouldve gone to Leicester if he had the chance in January. Wouldve won the league back to back.

If this summer is meant to be our REAL summer of transition, these player.. they all need to leave our club. Out with the old and in with the new. 

I'll acc be in a state of depression if any of these players- including Matic- are in our starting XI next season. I'm serious.

Also, I feel like this season has PROVEN that the whole.. "A team needs a core of players that are BORN winners" and shit like that, is a myth.

Look at Leicester.. they have Huth. That's it. He's won a couple PLs with us, and that was a decade ago. Ranieri hasn't been successful in his 28 year managerial career either. And this team, has taken the league by storm. 

Look at Spurs.. They're all babies lol. We've always associated Tottenham with bottling it season after season.. they still might this season but they have probably been the best/most exciting team to watch this season with their youngsters and their energetic style of play.

What these two teams have in common is.. They have a group of players who are managed by a gaffer whose philosophy they believe in. They play as a team. They fight for their manager and they are leading the league. 

So enough with the whole.. "he knows what it takes to win" bullshit. 

Please

On 22 March 2016 at 9:30 PM, Mustafa said:

Also, I feel like this season has PROVEN that the whole.. "A team needs a core of players that are BORN winners" and shit like that, is a myth.

Look at Leicester.. they have Huth. That's it. He's won a couple PLs with us, and that was a decade ago. Ranieri hasn't been successful in his 28 year managerial career either. And this team, has taken the league by storm. 

Look at Spurs.. They're all babies lol. We've always associated Tottenham with bottling it season after season.. they still might this season but they have probably been the best/most exciting team to watch this season with their youngsters and their energetic style of play.

What these two teams have in common is.. They have a group of players who are managed by a gaffer whose philosophy they believe in. They play as a team. They fight for their manager and they are leading the league. 

So enough with the whole.. "he knows what it takes to win" bullshit. 

Please

Agree with everything except Raneiri - I have always liked him as a manager and thought it was unfair how he was dropped here. He had Eidur and Jimmy playing some great football. 

He's just never been given a chance at top clubs - but he's always been a nice bloke and football is his life, I love his crazy speeches and you can see how much winning means to him. I really hope he wins it - he and Leicester deserve it IMHO.