Chelsea youngsters XI

We often talk about giving our youngsters a chance, but i suggest we first take a moment and imagine what our best young XI would be. 

The aim is only to determine who are our best prospects, or at least the ones we as a community think that we should be counting on for the future. We do know that if our recent experience is to be trusted, there is little to none chances of seeing our academy products ( or young talents simply put ) flourish with us, but I think that RLC and Traoré recently are as close as a youngster has been to breaking through since John Terry, so that gives us little hope. 

So let's imagine this XI, where we would have enough talent and top level experience to compete in the Premier League for example, and aim for, let's say, a top 10 finish. 

I do follow the Chelsea youngsters here and abroad, but I don't really know every young talent in detail, so there are spots I have no idea about, but let's try and do it. 

I would imagine something like this ( Concerning age, i'm thinking about an U21 side ). 

XXX

Aina-Christensen-Kalas-Rahman

Chalobah-Aké

Kenedy-RLC-Boga

Traoré

What do u think ? Enough to honorably compete in the Premier League ? 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Adnane said:

We often talk about giving our youngsters a chance, but i suggest we first take a moment and imagine what our best young XI would be. 

The aim is only to determine who are our best prospects, or at least the ones we as a community think that we should be counting on for the future. We do know that if our recent experience is to be trusted, there is little to none chances of seeing our academy products ( or young talents simply put ) flourish with us, but RLC and Traoré recently are as close as a youngster has been to breaking through since John Terry don't they ? 

So let's imagine this XI, where we would have enough talent and top level experience to compete in the Premier League for example, and aim for, let's say, a top 10 finish. 

I do follow the Chelsea youngsters here and abroad, but I don't really know every young talent in detail, so there are spots I have no idea about, but let's try and do it. 

I would imagine something like this ( Concerning age, i'm thinking about an U21 side ). 

XXX

Aina-Christensen-Kalas-Rahman

Chalobah-Aké

Kenedy-RLC-Boga

Traoré

same back 4 with

---- RLC - AKé-------

Kenedy - Mushonda - Boga

No doubting we have some very good youths but its such a big risk in sticking them in the 1st team. They need breaking in gradually like we were doing with Happy.

Our kids have run riot over their leagues but theyre playing teams that dont share the same training/management/facilities as our do so they have an advantage straight away.

Over tha past X years its been similar. Our kids have dominated. So presumeably each year we have had very good individuals in each team. Im a big believer in that players GENERALLY find  their level  of standrd/skill and play to it. And its normally just lucj they get time in the PL.. So IF one of the lads was really good he might not get picked for our 1st team but by rights he would attract scouts from every big club throughout the world so he should be playing for one IF he really was that good yeah?

I cant think of many that are doing it can you?

Its OK bringing the odd one up gradually but Id much rather buy a player thats proven himself to perform at a high level.

We are bringing RLC up now but to me Im sorry but hes not met the hype hes been given. Hes been given chances that hes just not made the most of.we would have been far better off with him loaned out getting weeky experience IMHO.

I dont know what the answer is. In a perfect world we would use the accademy as our feeders or have a B team which would be great. But the worlds far from perfect eh/

No doubting we have some very good youths but its such a big risk in sticking them in the 1st team. They need breaking in gradually like we were doing with Happy.

Our kids have run riot over their leagues but theyre playing teams that dont share the same training/management/facilities as our do so they have an advantage straight away.

Over tha past X years its been similar. Our kids have dominated. So presumeably each year we have had very good individuals in each team. Im a big believer in that players GENERALLY find  their level  of standrd/skill and play to it. And its normally just lucj they get time in the PL.. So IF one of the lads was really good he might not get picked for our 1st team but by rights he would attract scouts from every big club throughout the world so he should be playing for one IF he really was that good yeah?

I cant think of many that are doing it can you?

Its OK bringing the odd one up gradually but Id much rather buy a player thats proven himself to perform at a high level.

We are bringing RLC up now but to me Im sorry but hes not met the hype hes been given. Hes been given chances that hes just not made the most of.we would have been far better off with him loaned out getting weeky experience IMHO.

I dont know what the answer is. In a perfect world we would use the accademy as our feeders or have a B team which would be great. But the worlds far from perfect eh/

Look at how we took City to the cleaners if you want an idea of how a U21 team would cope in a top flight, City even had a few experienced men out yet we outsmarted them with ease.

Even if on paper the youngsters were good enough, there will be too much of a tactical, physical and maturity gap for a team of eleven teens/early 20s to compete with fully developed men on a weekly basis.

One or two, three absolute maximum should be the limit of young players on the pitch for a top flight team at any given time, any more and the lack of experience will really start to harm the team.

4 hours ago, Tomo said:

Look at how we took City to the cleaners if you want an idea of how a U21 team would cope in a top flight, City even had a few experienced men out yet we outsmarted them with ease.

Okay, but then look at United u21 line up over the weekend and see how they tore Arsenal a new one. Doesn't matter that it was versus Arsenal, much like it doesn't matter City played us.. Can't use one extreme to justify another.

I do agree with your overall point though Tomo, just adding some perspective.

Yes manpe, I was thinking more about a U21 side as i stated in my first post. 

But the general idea isn't to know if our youngsters can play in the Premier League, it is more about detecting our best prospects, putting them in a fantasy XI and imagining how the would cope.

1 hour ago, BlueLion said:

We'll see more of this than most of you expect, when we're in the EL group stages next season.

Depends on the manager we get. Jose built up "academy day" in last year's CL group stage day6 and ended giving RLC a couple of minutes. The next manager needs to show more trust in the kids.

As for the team,

Aina - christensen - Kalas - baba/ake (depending on who is our regular starter, for me ake has been better)

RLC - X

Traore - Musonda - Kenedy

Solanke

10 hours ago, LDN Blue said:

Okay, but then look at United u21 line up over the weekend and see how they tore Arsenal a new one. Doesn't matter that it wyniteas versus Arsenal, much like it doesn't matter City played us.. Can't use one extreme to justify another.

I do agree with your overall point though Tomo, just adding some perspective.

United had two youngsters on and another appeared in the second half for Rojo, they were treading a thin line but their was just enough experience on the pitch to compete with Arsenal.

City on the other hand had six youngsters on, with only one of them having any real first team experience before that game, that is just a ridiculous rate and a team of seasoned pros were always going to teach them a lesson over 90 minutes, which is what happened.

No GK as simply no one is good enough

Dujon Sterling (RB) - Christensen (CB) - ? (Jake Clarke-Salter) - Jay Dasilva

Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Charlie Colkett

Musonda - Boga

Traore - Solanke

Only academy players.

Generally I think everyone of them will be good player. Dasilva, Boga and Musonda are top talents in my opinion with the rest slightly behind but generally all have massive potential. I don't know how they want to do this but they should make one player a year a permanent member of the squad without this whole youth tag on the face.

5 out 10 should be a Chelsea senior player in the future I think. I really do.