Jake Clarke-Salter

Jase

2 hours ago, Jason said:

And he's off to a good start having already broken Diego Costa's nose in training!

Jake can play. I like him a lot. He lacks physical stature and experience but he has plenty of tools. A good talent. Very brave, strong in the tackle, reads the game well and has a knack of getting in good blocks when required. He is also good on the ball. A lot of positive attributes for his coaches to work with.

Edit: Press now reporting that it was Fikayo Tomori, not Jake, who broke Costa's nose which was my inference from Guus's press conference comments today.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/feb/12/diego-costa-breaks-nose-chelsea-training-newcastle

Chelsea have promoted the young centre-half Jake Clarke-Salter to their senior squad for the remainder of the campaign to cover for the loss of Kurt Zouma to cruciate knee ligament damage. The France international underwent surgery in Barcelona this week and will miss the next six months at least, ruling him out of Euro 2016, with Clarke-Salter joining Matt Miazga, the recent signing from New York Red Bulls, in training regularly with the first team.

“Matt moves up, and also I have the kid from the academy [Clarke-Salter] who is now with us,” said Hiddink. “He is coming up from the academy, but also Matt who has been with us a few weeks already. In the first-team squad of 15 or 16 players, we can also make variations with Branislav Ivanovic, Baba Rahman, César Azpilicueta who can play inside … we have some options to choose.”

Clarke-Salter had impressed José Mourinho on Chelsea’s pre-season tour last summer, only to find his opportunities severely limited since. The 18-year-old signed a new contract in November tying him to the club until 2019. The loss of Zouma is not expected to affect contract negotiations with John Terry, with the club captain still likely to end a 21-year association with Chelsea in the summer.

18 minutes ago, Billy. said:

Big chance for the lad. He is not big for a CB but he is pretty good at reading the game and for a small CB he does like to get stuck in. 

He is not small at all, he is quite tall. Just not big, weight wise as you said and on the sliim side.

Also, Jason might as well move this to the squad players thread.

• 5 months later...
8 hours ago, CurlyHairLikeLuiz said:

Anyone know if he and Tomori are off out on loan/sticking around?

No news yet if Chelsea do loan the two out I hope it's a championship club cause Palmer and Abraham have started off well at championship club 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, the wes said:

Needed. Hope Dujon goes with him (on loan somewhere not necessarily to Forest). Both under utilised this season, and very unlucky with JCS having his loan to Birmingham cancelled on deadline day due to Birmingham injuries (shame on club for leaving it so late). 

I actually think we should have taken advantage of having him here. Cahill is aging, it would have made sense to kinda experiment with JCS, who's perfectly suited to the LCB position for us, comfortable on the ball, actually left footed. Unlike Ake has height. Just with the view he could become a squad player there for us. Nothing crazy just 2-3 starts in League cup and a few more subs (basically what Ampadu has got).

10 hours ago, ja1 said:

Needed. Hope Dujon goes with him (on loan somewhere not necessarily to Forest). Both under utilised this season, and very unlucky with JCS having his loan to Birmingham cancelled on deadline day due to Birmingham injuries (shame on club for leaving it so late). 

I actually think we should have taken advantage of having him here. Cahill is aging, it would have made sense to kinda experiment with JCS, who's perfectly suited to the LCB position for us, comfortable on the ball, actually left footed. Unlike Ake has height. Just with the view he could become a squad player there for us. Nothing crazy just 2-3 starts in League cup and a few more subs (basically what Ampadu has got).

I know we haven’t seen that much of Ampadu yet but who do you think is the better talent between the two? 

21 hours ago, The Skipper said:

I know we haven’t seen that much of Ampadu yet but who do you think is the better talent between the two? 

Honestly similar, although Ampadu is a couple years younger but on a similar level. ChelseaYoith believed JCS has performed better for U23s this season.

• 3 weeks later...
On 19/12/2017 at 11:59 AM, the wes said:

I'm at a loss IF the links with him to Sunderland and Kenedy to Newcastle are right then what are they doing playing today? Shirley giving a couple of others off that bench time would be better for us no?

2 hours ago, Unionjack said:

I'm at a loss IF the links with him to Sunderland and Kenedy to Newcastle are right then what are they doing playing today? Shirley giving a couple of others off that bench time would be better for us no?

Kenedy won't leave till we find LWB. However they coud give JCS spot to Trevoh Chalobah if JCS is gonna to leave on loan.

• 5 months later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

CHELSEA DUO ATTRACTING INTEREST FROM CHAMPIONSHIP CLUB AS DEADLINE EDGES CLOSER

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/chelsea-duo-attracting-interest-from-championship-club-as-deadline-edges-closer/

Swansea City are keen on signing Chelsea pair, Jake Clarke-Salter and Kasey Palmer on loan according to The Sun’s Alan Nixon. 

Clarke-Salter is highly-regarded at Stamford Bridge, and Frank Lampard is seemingly keen to allow the youngster to get regular minutes under his belt in English football in the near future.

The young centre-back spent last season on loan with Dutch side, Vitesse, where he made 28 league appearances in total, as they finished 5th in the Eredvisie.

Whereas Palmer was on loan with Bristol City in the Championship last term, and will be hoping to resolve his long-term future at the earliest of opportunities.

He’s yet to feature for Chelsea’s first-team, and it remains to be seen as to whether Chelsea are looking to move him on permanently in the near future.

The midfielder has also been linked with a move to Norwich City according to The Sun, so Swansea will face competition to land his signature.

snip