Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

N'Golo Kante

Vybz Kartel
Followers 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Fantastic signing!!!

Would you guys be happy if this was the last signing of the window? I still feel we need a CB.

A cb is a must have mate 

• Replies 871
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

43 minutes ago, LDN Blue said:

Have my reservations long-term but he'll improve us this season for sure. Under Conte he'll run the ground but he's got the stamina (I pray for no knee injuries).

So a striker and a midfielder. Address the issue of defence now perhaps..

I think we're all hoping that Kante will replicate more of his MOTM performance vs Romania at the Euros in a possession heavy side. 

I agree that Nainggolan or another All-Around Top CM in that mould coupled with Kante would have been sensational. 

But even if we only sign one Midfielder all window, im happy it was a CDM.

Mikel, great service but his time has come. And Matic made it incredibly difficult for Conte and Co. He's the ultimate wild-card. Was 2014/15 or 2015/16 an aberration? At the end of the day, just happy we have two CDMs, and reinforced the center of the park. And we'll address the loss of attaining Nainngolan either this window or next, hopefully the former. 

2 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

That's the main thing I'm delighted for. We actually have options to play differently as the situation requires, without compromising quality too. If Matic regains form our midfield isn't too bad actually. We need to ship out Oscar and attain a better player and I'd be very happy with our midfield. 

Oscar shouldnt fit in, personally. Hes no cm, no winger and no second striker. Hes literally limited to play the number 10 in a 4231 which we shouldnt see for a while lol.

Although i might be being harsh. He has had some decent games down the right for Brazil. Who knows, when you are on the wings you options are more limited than in the middle and ive ways thought oscar was at his best when he thought less and played more instinctly

14 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

I think we're all hoping that Kante will replicate more of his MOTM performance vs Romania at the Euros in a possession heavy side. 

I agree that Nainggolan or another All-Around Top CM in that mould coupled with Kante would have been sensational. 

Mikel, great service but his time has come. And Matic made it incredibly difficult for Conte and Co. He's the ultimate wild-card. Was 2014/15 or 2015/16 an aberration? At the end of the day, just happy we have two CDMs, and reinforced the center of the park. And we'll address the loss of attaining Nainngolan either this window or next, hopefully the former. 

I would say Kante is in the same mold as Nainggolan tbh. Won't be surprised to see Mikel stay as a back up DM. Or we ship him out and sign a proper CDM. Of course Kante can play there but it's a bit like putting in Essien at CDM, not using him to his best capabilities. 

7 minutes ago, Blue-in-me-Veins said:

Yeah I get you. If Conte can get Costa, Hazard and Willian firing then midfield just need to be stable and assured (although I don't stop hoping Oscar will be replaced with someone better!)

10 minutes ago, Supermonkey92 said:

Oscar shouldnt fit in, personally. Hes no cm, no winger and no second striker. Hes literally limited to play the number 10 in a 4231 which we shouldnt see for a while lol.

Although i might be being harsh. He has had some decent games down the right for Brazil. Who knows, when you are on the wings you options are more limited than in the middle and ive ways thought oscar was at his best when he thought less and played more instinctly

I don't think you're being harsh at all. He doesn't provide much to the team at all. Going down the Mikel route IMO. 

15 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

I would say Kante is in the same mold as Nainggolan tbh. Won't be surprised to see Mikel stay as a back up DM. Or we ship him out and sign a proper CDM. Of course Kante can play there but it's a bit like putting in Essien at CDM, not using him to his best capabilities. 

Very much this. Kante is more than a CDM and more than just a CM. THe guy is a proper B2B. And I have seen people around saying his passing isn't good, well if you have seen even 10 Leicester games all season, you'd know he is actually really good at it. When needed, he passes sideways for a player in a better position than him to dictate the play, and when needed, he made excellent through balls for Vardy, Ulloa and Okazaki too. 

I have to say, I wasn't this excited in the last 2 years for a signing (Costa and Fabregas were the only two). And the way he plays, he'll be really appreciated by the Chelsea faithfuls. :)

35 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

That's the main thing I'm delighted for. We actually have options to play differently as the situation requires, without compromising quality too. If Matic regains form our midfield isn't too bad actually. We need to ship out Oscar and attain a better player and I'd be very happy with our midfield. 

If Matic and Cesc regain their top form then I think a midfield three consisting of them would be very formidable, Of course we are yet to see them in action together but the best part about them three is that they all offer different unique qualities. How would you rate Kante's passing and technical ability? I know he is pretty good while running with the ball but I don't know about his passing range.

5 hours ago, nono said:

I'm not terribly excited. Just another player of the Ramires and Mikel mould. Great defensively but won't help us against teams that defend with 10 men. So far the window has been an unkown striker and Kante. An OK transfer window which might turn out to be BAD if our rivals end up getting better players, which is going to be the case if the United and City deals for Pogba and Sane/Stones are completed. 

gotta be one the most clueless posts I've ever seen on this forum.

This is a happy moment for Chelsea, who've been running on one leg in MF for a while now. Still need more in CM and in FB/WB, but this a step in the right direction for this club.

Great signing in Kante!

32 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

Yeah, but offensively he clearly lacks, and won't offer the same output a Nainngolan or even Fernandhino do offensively. That's ok though, I'm not down on Kante at all. And your right, you want Kante to maraud the pitch reeking havoc across the pitch, but I want even more options. Guess we'll see what happens. 

34 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

I don't think you're being harsh at all. He doesn't provide much to the team at all. Going down the Mikel route IMO. 

Only wished Mikel could tackle the way Oscar does...  :D

Big fan of Kante myself - need 1-2 more CM (1 if RLC is played there).

Amazing news!

We still need another a bit more creative midfielder (why wasn't Baker given chance to impress Conte during pre-season???) and a ball-playing centre-back. 

5 minutes ago, milka said:

CnbX42RWYAAuBN2.jpg

CnbN6d_XgAAR923.jpg:large

Another stat: "Times player doesn't know when and where to pass the ball" with the overwhelming winner: Mikel, every year.

25 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Only wished Mikel could tackle the way Oscar does...  :D

Big fan of Kante myself - need 1-2 more CM (1 if RLC is played there).

sell Mikel. buy a 2nd CM this window.

• Jas locked this topic