Man United v Chelsea

Jase

Silly me. I thought technical things like ball circulation, attacking patterns, ball recovery (things that are severely lacking in this team) were under the responsibilities of the coach. Yes it's Emenalo's fault that the players can't string together passes. No responsibility whatsoever should be placed on the Manager who's been coaching these players for 3 years now.

Haven't you heard? If you don't spend 150m the summer after winning the league title playing shit football and being 17th is to be expected.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silly me. I thought technical things like ball circulation, attacking patterns, ball recovery (things that are severely lacking in this team) were under the responsibilities of the coach. Yes it's Emenalo's fault that the players can't string together passes. No responsibility whatsoever should be placed on the Manager who's been coaching these players for 3 years now.

Don't think anybody has said any of that, simply that we're now in a position where we need to look forward. Of course learn from the mistakes of the past but don't ignore the future because of them.

Mourinho was right he took these players to a level they are not

Mourinho should thank god he had Hazard carrying his team's attack for almost an entire half of last season. This game is a further expose of Mourinho and his tactical deficiencies

Haven't you heard? If you don't spend 150m the summer after winning the league title playing shit football and being 17th is to be expected.

Think i said that if you don't improve the squad then you will struggle.

But if you can find that quote you can have my ticket for the next home game. Deal?

He was a part but that's not going to change anything going forward when the other problems are still at the club. We're doomed to repeat the same mistakes unless we have a massive shake up. Isn't that what people around you in the shed say?

My problem with how we're playing today is that it is very Jose esque. We had ball playing defenders (think Filipe Luis and David Luiz) but he didn't fancy them. He'd rather implement a strategy where we'd boot it forward, using Ivanovic as an auxiliary striker to knock the ball down. We used to do it all the time under him.

Similarly, his decision to choose Oscar as his number 10 was absolutely disastrous. We have no control in the middle of the park because he's just a very average player that can't control a game at all. That is a major reason why we play the way we do today. It's all well an good saying that we don't have ball playing defenders at the moment but when Jose had them in the squad he never utilised them properly at all. That's why Jose is a major reason why we're looking the way we are right now, and in fact, in most big games.

My problem with how we're playing today is that it is very Jose esque. We had ball playing defenders (think Filipe Luis and David Luiz) but he didn't fancy them. He'd rather implement a strategy where we'd boot it forward, using Ivanovic as an auxiliary striker to knock the ball down. We used to do it all the time under him.

Similarly, his decision to choose Oscar as his number 10 was absolutely disastrous. We have no control in the middle of the park because he's just a very average player that can't control a game at all. That is a major reason why we play the way we do today. It's all well an good saying that we don't have ball playing defenders at the moment but when Jose had them in the squad he never utilised then properly at all. That's why Jose is a major reason why we're looking the way we are right now, and in fact, in most big games.

Mourinho's management of this team has been an utter failure. All he has to hang on to is his PL medal.